BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston - Saturday

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pay on the gate. Good job too, as I ordered two tickets on Monday and they still haven't arrived. Is there a postal strike or something?

Yes, I think there is or was that the NHS? Is it pay at the gate or at the turnstile on the day? Do I need to buy a ticket at PNE ticket office and then go to the turnstile? Any ideas? Or is it all ticket?

Pay on the gate. Good job too, as I ordered two tickets on Monday and they still haven't arrived. Is there a postal strike or something?

There was a post strike on Thursdsay I think. I ordered two tickets on Monday and got them Tuesday though.

There is a postal strike and its completely fecking my job up when trying to issue tickets and the only option is fast tickets yet bloody Virgin dont have them at the needed stations!!

Is the weather gonna be nice tomorrow does anyone know

Den you going by train from Leyland ? Let us know and I may try and catch up with you for a drink.

I am :ph34r:

Was going on the train, but not now. :lol:

No - I'm in the car Warren. [only joking Stu.]. Might be going to Boro though, so could meet for a beer there?

Friendly or not I'd love to spank em all over there 2 bob ground tommorow. As has been said there a bunch of whinging part-timers who'd give anything for a decent rivalry.

2-0

Cruz

Bentley

We would give anything for a decent rivalry? :huh: I don't know how deeply you know your football chap, :unsure: PNE have been around since the 1880's, in fact we are the 'Original Champions' and we have a few decent rivalrys of our own rather than fake ones such as Man utd! Personally I have never seen Rovers as a rival and in fact out of all the Lancashire clubs, your club is the least I feel any animosity towards.

From what I hear some Preston fans have a distaste for Blackburn because they know of mates who were once PNE supporters, who once they saw Blackburn's profile rise, through the financial backing that Mr Walker put into your club, they decided to up and leave and join the band-wagon. I am sure if you all knew of mates who suddenly left your club to go and support Man United or Bolton, at a time that your club was struggling in the lower divisions, then you too just might feel a little animosity? Then again, loyalty in life is very fragile these days.

From a personal perspective, I forrmely worked with a Rovers fan and he was a sound man and we both showed respect to each of our respective clubs and I am sure the majority of decent football fans would fall into that category although banter is always healthy.

Result expected today - 3-1 (Mellor 2, Whaley 1) Nothing like optimistic thinking!

We would give anything for a decent rivalry? :huh: I don't know how deeply you know your football chap, :unsure: PNE have been around since the 1880's, in fact we are the 'Original Champions' and we have a few decent rivalrys of our own rather than fake ones such as Man utd! Personally I have never seen Rovers as a rival and in fact out of all the Lancashire clubs, your club is the least I feel any animosity towards.

From what I hear some Preston fans have a distaste for Blackburn because they know of mates who were once PNE supporters, who once they saw Blackburn's profile rise, through the financial backing that Mr Walker put into your club, they decided to up and leave and join the band-wagon. I am sure if you all knew of mates who suddenly left your club to go and support Man United or Bolton, at a time that your club was struggling in the lower divisions, then you too just might feel a little animosity? Then again, loyalty in life is very fragile these days.

From a personal perspective, I forrmely worked with a Rovers fan and he was a sound man and we both showed respect to each of our respective clubs and I am sure the majority of decent football fans would fall into that category although banter is always healthy.

Result expected today - 3-1 (Mellor 2, Whaley 1) Nothing like optimistic thinking!

I suspect "The1mattjansen" is a Premier League Johnny-come-lately. History says that in fact Preston (and Bolton) were at times bigger derbies than Burnley. The Rovers derbies would be played on Christmas Day and Boxing Day in my grandfather's day. Indeed the record crowd at Ewood is against Bolton.....a paltry 62,000 and a bit.

:brfc:

As a Leylang lad for me and my Rovers mates PNE were always the rivals and the Dingles meant next to nowt apart from the best scrap of the season.

Now I have a few PNE mates; i'll go to Dumpdale (the ground is very cheap and tacky, a bit like the emerging Bloomfield Rd) if they pay and buy me a meal (which is always top nosh) in the Great Room, and they come to Ewood if I buy the nosh (which is sometimes OK).

This match means nowt today apart from helping Sparky pick his 1st 11 next week.

PS, sorry but I honestly have never heard of Mellor and Whaley, apols to "Original Champions".

From the Official site, ROVERS: Friedel, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock, Bentley, Dunn, Mokoena, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts. Subs: Brown, Emerton, Tugay, Savage, Khizanishvili, Derbyshire, Olsson, Santa Cruz, Rigters, Gallagher.

Archived