BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could take a charitable "good for football" view if Wigan or Pompey won the League Cup,

but Spurs.....

No way.

Agreed. I'm no more pleased than if I'd have seen one of the 'Big Four' win it.

With them winning it the extra UEFA cup spot is lost, so not that good for us really.

You could take a charitable "good for football" view if Wigan or Pompey won the League Cup,

but Spurs.....

No way.

Agreed.

Posts like this on the 606 board just further increase my complete hatred towards Spurs:

"well, we are in europe...so shut up...watch the celebrations and pursuade ur other pathetic fans to go to ewood park and attempt to at least half fill ur pathetic stadium.. so we are in the uefa cup..won the league cup..and are going to overtake your small club in the league.

get in,,coys"

The most deluded, retarded fans in the premier league by far.

The reason Spurs winning is not a cause to celebrate for anyone outside the Big 4 is because their win will be accompanied by articles and statements like: "The end of the Big 4, it is now the Big 5", "Spurs will be a title challenger next season", and "this victory shows why Spurs are a step above Villa, Blackburn etc."

I `kin hate Spurs! :angry2:

Mark my words, we`ll never hear the end of this now!

Radio phone-ins full of Spurs fans bleating on about the Ramos revolution.

(i remember the Hoddle revolution.....the one Rovers had to stamp on before it got silly)

i REALLY REALLY hate spurs!! :angry2:

The reason Spurs winning is not a cause to celebrate for anyone outside the Big 4 is because their win will be accompanied by articles and statements like: "The end of the Big 4, it is now the Big 5", "Spurs will be a title challenger next season", and "this victory shows why Spurs are a step above Villa, Blackburn etc."

I hate Spurs too but the fact of the matter is that Spurs have now got a good side. If they can bring in a couple of players in the summer, which they definately have the money for, they will be right up there.

It makes me sad.

I hate Spurs too but the fact of the matter is that Spurs have now got a good side. If they can bring in a couple of players in the summer, which they definately have the money for, they will be right up there.

It makes me sad.

Villa have a good side

Everton have a good side

City have a vastly improved side

......but you don`t hear the media banging on about them ALL the time. It`s London 'big city' bias at its very worst! I have turned my radio off today. I shall not be watching tv either. I`ve had enough of hearing about Spurs winning 'something'.

When Rovers won the cup in Cardiff, it just about made the back pages & the chirpy little stories they put at the end of the 6 o`clock news on telly.

Villa have a good side

Everton have a good side

City have a vastly improved side

......but you don`t hear the media banging on about them ALL the time. It`s London 'big city' bias at its very worst! I have turned my radio off today. I shall not be watching tv either. I`ve had enough of hearing about Spurs winning 'something'.

When Rovers won the cup in Cardiff, it just about made the back pages & the chirpy little stories they put at the end of the 6 o`clock news on telly.

Part of it is that the Media is very London centric. But it is also Spurs do seem to genuinely have the ludicrous sorts of money you need to compete with the big four, and a good manager, and a team.

The went out and spent 20m on defenders in the January window for christsakes. Where they get it from i am not sure...

They're one of the richest clubs in world football and have a huge fan base. As a team they have an excellent bunch of players including quite a few young Englishmen which is great to see. I don't see why people have such a big problem with them. I can understand people get annoyed with the fans going on and on but it's the same with every club, including ours. The difference with our fans and spurs fans is that they are desperate to be considered a big club and we are desperate to be recognised at all.

They're one of the richest clubs in world football and have a huge fan base. As a team they have an excellent bunch of players including quite a few young Englishmen which is great to see. I don't see why people have such a big problem with them. I can understand people get annoyed with the fans going on and on but it's the same with every club, including ours. The difference with our fans and spurs fans is that they are desperate to be considered a big club and we are desperate to be recognised at all.

I can tell you my hated of spurs is from birth, hate the club from fans to players, i know a few spurs fans as live in london and can tell you they're all complete C*nt*

i see we now have one less uefa space too ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can tell you my hated of spurs is from birth, hate the club from fans to players, i know a few spurs fans as live in london and can tell you they're all complete C*nt*

i see we now have one less uefa space too ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Absolutely. Monday was hell on earth at work listening to them all bleat on. I've been brought up to dislike Spurs and they've never done anything to change my mind. Hate them with a passion. It really wound me up on Sunday when the likes of Alan Green and other BBC commentators were immediately asking if Spurs were the team who are going to break into the top four? Not this season, they won't!

If any proof were needed that Spuds winning the League Cup is a thoroughly BAD THING, then look at the BBC football site at the moment.

The usual Tuesday rumours and FIVE opinion pieces about Spurts.

Including Mihir Bohse being his usual pompous self taking three digs against the Rovers. Twit.

Tottenham is the team most likely to challange the top four on a regular basis. Their win over Chelsea in a cup final is another confirmation of this. Even though I don't like Tottenham at all, I can see why the media and others find them really interesting.

If we are going to continue spending very little money while teams like ManC, Everton, Villa and Tottenham always are willing to splash some cash, then its just a matter of time before we fall into the same categori (quality wise) as Sunderland, Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham and so fourth...

IMO (unless some rich men comes along) we need to stop being bitter about other teams success and face the reality, meaning finishing somewhere between 16-10th every season.

One more thing; I would love it Burnley got promotion to the Premier League as that would at least bring two highly exciting fixtures for fans of both clubs.

Tottenham is the team most likely to challange the top four on a regular basis. Their win over Chelsea in a cup final is another confirmation of this. Even though I don't like Tottenham at all, I can see why the media and others find them really interesting.

If we are going to continue spending very little money while teams like ManC, Everton, Villa and Tottenham always are willing to splash some cash, then its just a matter of time before we fall into the same categori (quality wise) as Sunderland, Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham and so fourth...

IMO (unless some rich men comes along) we need to stop being bitter about other teams success and face the reality, meaning finishing somewhere between 16-10th every season.

One more thing; I would love it Burnley got promotion to the Premier League as that would at least bring two highly exciting fixtures for fans of both clubs.

That's the most sensible post I've read for a while.

I think everyone is getting carried away with just how good Spurs are at the minute. To be honest, under Ramos, they have ben playing pressure free football since about October because they weren't going to go down, had no chance of finishing in the top 6 and so could just get on with playing without any pressure. Its happened to so many teams over the years, make a bad start, sack the manager, improve massively and then think that you have cracked it. Its only noticed because most of the people in the media suport them. We'll only be able to judge them from next season when I have no doubt they'll be their usual inconsistent selves. If Ramos is as much as a genius as he is suposed to be you can bet he'll be off very soon anyway so no need to worry. Real Madrid will be after a new manager very soon, or Liverpool.

Why doesnt the media find Everton as interesting as Spurs? Or Villa for that matter ?

Everton at least, have performed as well as Spurs over the last few years; maybe its because there are many Spurs fans who are also journalists?

Blackburn and Everton both have a better record against the Big 4 than Spurs have, in fact if I recall correctly, Spurs have only won a grand total of 1 game or perhaps 2, against the Big 4 the last 5 seasons!

Well, I think we ought to be pretty scared of Spurs. People are saying they've got a poor record against the big four but now Ramos is in charge that will change. Look at his record, they've got possibly one of the best 7 managers in European League football and money to spend.

The media bias is a pain though...

I think everyone is getting carried away with just how good Spurs are at the minute. To be honest, under Ramos, they have ben playing pressure free football since about October because they weren't going to go down, had no chance of finishing in the top 6 and so could just get on with playing without any pressure. Its happened to so many teams over the years, make a bad start, sack the manager, improve massively and then think that you have cracked it. Its only noticed because most of the people in the media suport them. We'll only be able to judge them from next season when I have no doubt they'll be their usual inconsistent selves. If Ramos is as much as a genius as he is suposed to be you can bet he'll be off very soon anyway so no need to worry. Real Madrid will be after a new manager very soon, or Liverpool.

I agree.

If you look at their first team i don't thnk its thats exceptional. In goal they don't have a standout keeper, Robinson still makes errors as does Cerny. In terms of defense they have 2 very injury prone defenders in Woodgate and King and in Dawson they have a player who plays rubbish unless he has a better player alongside him. Their midfield is rubbish really, Jenas is still crap even though at recent times he has looked a bit better. Malbranque is no left winger, they have also Aaron "i cannot cross a ball" Lennon on the right. Huddlestone is too slow and is still carrying too much weight.

The only part of that side that stands out is their forward line. Berbatov is a good player as is Keane, though Berbatov is really overated.

You can look at their team like that, or you could look at their team in the way we would if we supported them. Robinson is still a young keeper who has shown a lot of potential and he's at least good enough. Woodgate and King could be a fantastic pairing if they stay if (big if I know). Bale at left-back is an excellent prospect and they've addressed their right back issues. Jenas has had a good season, he's certainly a good player. Huddlestone has a lot of potential and Zokora is good. Lennon has a huge amount of pace and will trouble any team. Left midfield is an issue for them so I'd imagine they'll sign someone there soon. Up front they have a huge amount of options and have no problems at all.

They have a good squad, whether or not they can turn that into a very good team I don't know, but I'd certainly swap their squad for ours in a heartbeat, especially when you consider the amount of money they have to address the couple of gaps they have compared to our total lack of funds.

I still think that they are over-rated, they aren't as good as the top 4 and they are some way off of it, but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Archived