BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

CHANNEL FIVE COMMENTATOR HAS ANNOUNCED RAMOS IS NEW SPURS COACH, OFFICIAL.

According to the BBC, Ramos has agreed to join Spurs at the start of next season. All will be revealed with a statement to the Stock Exchange in the morning. God knows what they will be doing for the rest of the season. Do we think Ramos knows where Scunthorpe is?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But just imagine if Ramos does decide it's not for him! I wonder where the Spuds will throw their immense wad of cash next? Coleman and Dowie are still around from our (extremely) short list if you have to replace Sparky.

Oh, if only! It would be so sweet! :rolleyes:

Why would this be sweet for you? Are you trying to resurect the one way rivalry again?

Go way and mither Wigan.

Zulu's little dream lasted all of, what, an hour?

Spurs' nightmare could last an awful lot longer. I guess they are gambling on Sevilla not being happy with Ramos committing to Spurs for next season and getting rid pronto. That is odds on what will happen BUT their negotiating position with Spuds if Ramos continues to do a professional job at Sevilla would be pretty impressive during the rest of this season.

Jol resigned before the game apparently

Whether he did or he didn't (and one has to have doubts as to the exact validity of that claim) - it is an utter disgrace that Spurs have allowed that to leak out during the game.

Jol has conducted himself with dignity throughout his recent ordeal - an ordeal caused by his employers.

Good luck to him, and the worst of luck to Spurs and the muppets who run the club. Hope Ramos digests the fact that his supposed future employers are spineless scum from the gutter - and blows them out.

Sky Sports News ticker currently reads -

"Tottenham confirm that they have sacked Martin Jol as manager"

And let the news leak. During a game. It really beggars belief. Not surprised Jol looked p!ssed off during the second half.

Martin Jol is obviously a top guy and very popular, but every manager is judged on results and he hasn't delivered this season. Seems a bit unfair as he has done a pretty good job over the last two seasons

Can' t help worrying that the " caretaker manager" syndrome will come into play on Sunday.

Sky Sports News ticker currently reads -

"Tottenham confirm that they have sacked Martin Jol as manager"

And let the news leak. During a game. It really beggars belief. Not surprised Jol looked p!ssed off during the second half.

Sky Sports Website

Bit strange to sack him before the match and I agree that the way it came out was a disgarce

What a shamble Spuds are becoming.

No wonder I have a loathing for the entire "man and boy" crap their fans always come out with.

I think Jol was one of the decent guys in football, the players have a lot to answer for (and knowing our luck will do that on sunday), but that is purely because the board who have put the club in this position by undermining the guy that much that nobody would really put the effort in.

A lot to be said for letting the manager have complete control of the club and not some untouchable director of football. A real case of too many cooks and all that.

On another note, what price would you have got for Mourinho, Lee and Jol being the first 3 managers to be sacked this year. ????????/

All this makes me so happy that we have such a good setup here at Rovers where we are allowing Hughes to make the footballing decisions. Can't believe that people would think that he'd jump ship into that.

If Ramos has been officially named by spuds, seville and himself as the manager elect by Sunday I'll quite happily accept a defeat at WHL!

Spurs were my one big worry regarding MH's future. With just about all of the 'big clubs' now taken care of manager wise we can hopefully benefit from Sparky's input for quite some time. MU, Chelsea, Arse, Villa, Newcastle, City, Dingles and now spurs all settled the only small cloud on the horizon is at Anfield.

Three things I have gleaned this morning:

Whilst Spurs have not had a list of fixtures we would have dreaded at the start of this season (our's and Pompey's have been much tougher), it does appear that Spuds got all their traditional bogey games served up at once. In a comparisson with the equivalent games last season, they will be an astonishing ONE POINT AHEAD on their equivalent games last season if they beat the Rovers on Sunday!

A view on Daniel Levy. Levy behaving like Abramovich when Mourinho left. I guess there were no cameras trained on John Williams when Souey left his office after telling him he'd like to take the Newcastle job.

The focus on Rafa as the next manager to get fired has predictably started after Hicks said the Premiership is Liverpool's target. Hmm- Liverpool play us the week-end after next. We might get him the sack.

Spurs were my one big worry regarding MH's future.

......and now spurs all settled the only small cloud on the horizon is at Anfield.

Of course it's a lot easier to say this after the event but I just couldn't see Hughes going to the shambles that is Spurs. For everything that Martin Jol has achieved (they've come fifth the last couple of years - which if we're brutally honest is hardly mind boggling for such a massive club* with too much money is it?) the job is a poison chalice. It was only a matter of time this season before Jol got the boot. He appears to have been totally undermined by the Board and the players. Nice. What a great advert for THFC.

Why would Hughes turn his back on what he has built up at Rovers over the last three years to go to that shower? "The best squad since '95" I read on here somewhere and I totally agree with that, why would he leave now when we seem to be on the verge of achieving great things?

As for Liverpool, I think you might be right Theno in that their manager may not be around much longer. He's making a good job of messing it up. How hard can it be just play the Best XI and only change them when absolutely necessary (injury / suspension - not squad rotation)? Again though I can't see Hughes going there either. This is Mark Hughes Ex-Manchester United Striker. It just wouldn't happen. The fans wouldn't be able to cope.

No, there's only one place he'll probably end up (if he gets his way) and that is at Manchester United. Three years into the job here and the media are finally catching onto the good work he's doing. I'm sure Sir Fergie has a greater handle on what's going on in football than most and that this hasn't gone un-noticed. Sure Hughes will need to keep pointing the good ship Blackburn Rovers in the right direction over the next two or three years (or whatever it will be until Sir Fergie finally decides he wants a rest) and we should enjoy it but for all we know they might already have had that conversation ( :o ).

He would have to keep us in the top six and even challenging for a Champions League place, maybe win a trophy, but with the lack of funds made available by the current owners, this surely would be seen as an achievement akin to actually winning the league? Someone will have to replace the irreplaceable Ferguson one day, why not one of their old boys?

Personally I reckon they'd be better off going for Gary Megson but what do I know?

(* Thought I'd remind you what a big club Spurs are, seeing as no one has mentioned it for ten minutes)

Spurs fan on 5 Live: "I'm delighted with the news that he's gone. Jol has shown he is tactically naive over the last two seasons."

Well, considering their league finishes over those two seasons, I think there are quite a few (87 maybe?) league clubs would have loved to have had a tactically naive manager!

So its looking like Ramos then. That would be a relief. Would have much preffered Jol to go after weekend mind you. A Sunderland fan at work just brought up the fact Hughes was second favourite - and he said "Why the hell would he want to go there?" :)

I think i'll stick with my comments in the news section

It is inevitable that some day Mark Hughes will move on to greener pastures, it is however, my belief that Mark Hughes is a football person and the set up at Ewood is a perfect marriage for the Welshman with football ambitions, backed up by a board made up of football people.

In his three years at the Rovers Hughes has built a strong and talented squad, would he really want to leave now, to start all over rebuilding a team elsewhere, before achieving success with this squad. The day to worry will be when Sir Alex Ferguson retires, and if Hughes is linked with that vacancy, then Rovers supporters will have had a few years of success.

Archived