BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

Good post that Philip. Don't they just make you're blood boil. The way the spurs fan describes Hughes's success at Rovers as 'not over-acheiving given the circumstances' could almost be interpreted as a back handed compliment to a very succesful club in recent years. However, the reality of the matter is more likely that he's just another jumped up cockney who, if bull**** were rubber, would bounce over the moon.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good post that Philip. Don't they just make you're blood boil. The way the spurs fan describes Hughes's success at Rovers as 'not over-acheiving given the circumstances' could almost be interpreted as a back handed compliment to a very succesful club in recent years. However, the reality of the matter is more likely that he's just another jumped up cockney who, if bull**** were rubber, would bounce over the moon.

Was chatting to a Spuds fan at work before the season started and we went through the respective teams. To my dismay he'd hardly heard of our players (with the odd exception) and certainly didn't rate any of them on a position by position basis. His tune has changed a bit since then.

That just shows how smug Spurs fans are. They think they have a God given right to be a top Premiership side.

A win for Rovers on sunday will be the icing on my cake.

I can't see Mark Hughes going to Spurs. He must have an outstanding chance of taking over at Man U after Ferguson and therefore why move out of the North West in the meantime?

The Telegraph are running with the story as well now:

Tottenham Target Mark Hughes

I personally can't see it happening though - Rovers are doing particularly well at the moment (UEFA cup aside), Spurs are doing particularly badly, would he want to risk what he's built with us to face the possibility of failing at Spurs? I think it would be a dangerous decision to do so.

It's no secret Hughes' ultimate aim is for the United job as well, and he could make that step up with relative success at Rovers at least as easily as with relative success at Spurs (Spurs aren't a big four side whatever their fans may think).

Besides all that, he's personally pretty much built the squad at Rovers and knows his players, it would all be unknown quantites at Spurs.

Of course strange things happen in football, but I just can't see him going - the only attraction I can think of is the possibility of being able to spend more money - but will even that be case with hugh amounts spent by Jol on the likes of Bent etc?

Well you could see why he might take the job.

Good Financial backing,

Club is situated in the Capital, although he is Chelsea fan.

Good squad

Great challenge.

But why would he leave blackburn for that?? Maybe Lucash Neill can answer that!

This has crossed my mind before but now it's a massive understatement. They are pathetic. If they don't hammer their oponents in Europe on Thursday on tv with the stupid little deal with ITV4 then it's a humiliation. I tell you now if I were them I would not want to have that, I'd want to rip it up. Something's changed and Jol must go.

maybe talk at start of season of spurs breaking into the top 4 got to much for them....

the only players who seem only doing the job for spurs is robbie keane and gareth bale....

i also think players are loving the london high life rather then spurs as a club..ie jermaine jenas-i get the feeling all he cares about is going out in london-living the high life, rather then looking to get into england squad(he has talent, maybe a move out of london would be best for his career)..

with the position spurs are in, maybe we could get huddlestone afterall...

Klinsmann seems to be favourite to get the Spurs job, should Jol leave.

From what i've heard in the press he would not be interested because of the situation with the 'director of football' role. If he were to be manager then he would want 100% control and not to be told who to buy.

Would you swap Huddlestone + abit of cash for Pedersen?

On current form yes, but then you have to find a replacement for MGP at the end of the season or in january. Unless Peter or another young rover steps up to the grade.

Would you swap Huddlestone + abit of cash for Pedersen?

no...

good left wingers these days are hard to find..pedersen on his day is one of the best in the premierleague..he never really starts seasons off good, it takes him alittle bit of time(why i dont know), but im sure pedersen will come good..

I reckon this "Hughes to Spurs" nonsense is the biggest load of horse pucky I've read in some time. We all know how well he's managing on a shoestring (especially compared to Spurs, the true giants of the English game) and now the media are finally catching up.

Truth be told if we weren't about to become the next Premiership side to hand out a right paggering at WHL play them this weekend the papers would be full of "[other manager] to Spurs".

As mentioned in the preview, it's just a variation of the "MGP to Spurs" we'd normally be reading scorning before we played em.

just bought 4 tickets for the game on sunday- we are travelling down on the train from Manchester Picadilly so a few beers beckons :rolleyes:

i will be gutted if Jol gets the sack before sunday, we all know what happens when you play a side that have just sacked the boss :angry2:

Absolutely hate to say this but if Hughes wants to manage the likes of England or Man Utd he needs to prove himself at a bigger stage than BRFC imo. Whether Spuds is the right platform for him to aim for the stars from I'm not sure. Allardyce missed the England job cos he stayed at Notlob .... oh and the bung rumours didn't help of course.

Can't see Sparky staying if Jol does end up getting the sack and Spurs were to come in for him.

Manage a club where he will receive generous enough backing from the owners to mount a serious challenge to the "big 4" or soldier on indefinitely here with no financial backing and owners who have been great for us in the past but who now clearly want to sever their connections?.

I would only hope that he would feel Spurs are in too much of a mess to take it on. In reality though, is there anything really that wrong with them that a bit of organisation, the return from injury of Ledley King and the signing of another decent centre half wouldn't resolve?

Remember also it was widely reported that Sparky would even have taken the Citeh job had it been offered to him.

Archived