BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov has pledged to stay at the club until at least the summer, claiming their victory over Arsenal on Tuesday proved they can break into the Premier League's "Big Four". (Various)

Part of the reason why Spurs are so hated by us. We have been chalking out victories against the Big 4 on a much regular basis than Spurs, Newcastle or even Villa (all of whom have terrible records against them)

Yet Spurs manage one win in 9 years against Arsenal and they are on the verge of "breaking into the Big 4"

...Spurs were ungracious and all sulk when we beat them at the Millenuim following Sheringhams late con dive for a penalty.. Dont see them beating Chelsea in the final..With Joe Cole they seem to have a Cantona type hero who gets the vital goal in big games when they play naff...

God I hope Chelsea stuff Spurs in the final. Perhaps they will finally realise that they are not a big club on the verge of a champions league spot. I hope all the Spurs fans are crying come the final whistle with the just the distant memories of David 'beacuse I am worth it' Ginola to keep them occupied for the rest of the season.

God I hope Chelsea stuff Spurs in the final. Perhaps they will finally realise that they are not a big club on the verge of a champions league spot.

Why shouldn't Spurs think they are on the verge of a champions league spot when our players/manager and some of the people on here think we are? They have finished 5th in the league two years in a row, and they seem to be very ambitious in the transfer department.

Why shouldn't Spurs think they are on the verge of a champions league spot when our players/manager and some of the people on here think we are? They have finished 5th in the league two years in a row, and they seem to be very ambitious in the transfer department.

Over ambitious. Bent 17million

Over ambitious. Bent 17million

True, but once they find a manger who can really work the transfer market, they will be up there among the top 4 every season. As for ourself we have no right to even be talking about a top 4 spot. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for positive vibes coming out of the club, but if you don't back up your words with action then in the end no-one will bother to listen...

True, but once they find a manger who can really work the transfer market, they will be up there among the top 4 every season. As for ourself we have no right to even be talking about a top 4 spot. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for positive vibes coming out of the club, but if you don't back up your words with action then in the end no-one will bother to listen...

No one actually believes that Rovers will be in the top 4 though do they? Perhaps a deluded few. What makes you think tht they (totenham) will be up with the top 4 season after season?

No one actually believes that Rovers will be in the top 4 though do they? Perhaps a deluded few. What makes you think tht they (totenham) will be up with the top 4 season after season?

Didn't Bentley just say that anything but a top four finish this season would be a failure? Hughes have also stated several times that he wants to challange for a place in the champions league. If you do a search you will see that quite a few of the members on this board also reckons that we have a chance of doing just that.

I thought I made it pretty clear why Tottenham would be up there among the top four: 1. They have the ability to attract really good players. 2. They are willing to spend a lot of money. If you combine those two with a good manager then sucess will come, its just a matter of getting the right staff in.

We can get top 4, I believe! We are only a few points off the pace as it is right now, and we still have to play all those around us. Yes we need to get back to winning, but who's to say that we wont.

As for Next Season, Spurs will be a very good side!

Any chance of a Mod adding a poll to this thread, to see who Rovers fans would prefer to win the carling cup?

.....just a bit of fun like <_<

Didn't Bentley just say that anything but a top four finish this season would be a failure?

That'll be Mr Bentley's opening gambit in the get out campaign that will now begin in earnest and end once he's signed on the dotted line elsewhere.

Had to laugh at a chant during yesterdays fa cup game at old trafford. The travelling spurs fans (the best in the world <_< & geordies of the south ) started singing....."you`re just a sh1t maradonna" obviously aimed at Tevez. Oh how those Spurs fans would kill to have a player like him wearing their shirt :lol:

20050311121823_ferengi.jpg

Carlos Tevez yesterday.....

Next Season if they have the cash to splash, they will join the top 8 again! Its getting tougher for us, but man for man we are as good as any of them.

I also think West Ham will spash out big again. Along with Villa, Newcastle & Pompey!

Slightly concerned as well over Spurs.

Hutton is rated very highly, and people who follow Scottish closely who I have spoken to, believe he can do a job for the top four in the Premiership.

If he can stay fit, Woodgate is very good value.

My view on Spuds is we simply got a lucky break with them being so poor this season. I expect they are going to run Chelsea very close in the League Cup final but thankfully Chelsea should just about have enough to get Grant his first trophy and secure Rovers a UEFA Cup slot.

If I remember correctly the UEFA Cup rules prohibiting losing Finalists from outside the Premiership from qualifying came in this season- that might yet save our bacon as well!

Archived