BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

Media Garbage. Ex Man Utd Legend, managing there biggest rivals, yet one day he wants to manage all his ex clubs? I think not!! :rolleyes:

My source insists that City came after him hard and that he said no. But rem there was a lot of uncertainty as the Shinatwra takeover wasn't finalised at that time.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem at Tottenham is that they are the media darlings and they always have too much pressure heaped upon them to win things, just like Newcastle!

Only this season the whole of the media was saying how Tottenham are the team to break the top 4 quartet up, how wrong was that!

Yes they have a big fan base and plenty of cash, but the set-up behind the scenes isn’t as good as at Rovers. We have one of the best academies, a very supportive board, who fortunately has a top relationship with Hughes, and we have one of the best backroom teams around with our fitness, nutrition etc. Or you could go to Tottenham, have a team where you probably want to add your own stamp to it, changing half the team, have to deal with unrealistic pressure, an idiot in David Levy and also a director of football over you!! Thanks, but no thanks, id stay at Rovers until the dream ticket comes calling.

Think about Hughes and his CV. What’s a bigger achievement for Hughes ?– Top 4 with BIG, City club Tottenham or top 4 with Small, Town Club Rovers! No contest, and to be honest Rovers is more likely in the next 2 years!

The problem at Tottenham is that they are the media darlings and they always have too much pressure heaped upon them to win things, just like Newcastle!

Only this season the whole of the media was saying how Tottenham are the team to break the top 4 quartet up, how wrong was that!

Yes they have a big fan base and plenty of cash, but the set-up behind the scenes isn’t as good as at Rovers. We have one of the best academies, a very supportive board, who fortunately has a top relationship with Hughes, and we have one of the best backroom teams around with our fitness, nutrition etc. Or you could go to Tottenham, have a team where you probably want to add your own stamp to it, changing half the team, have to deal with unrealistic pressure, an idiot in David Levy and also a director of football over you!! Thanks, but no thanks, id stay at Rovers until the dream ticket comes calling.

Think about Hughes and his CV. What’s a bigger achievement for Hughes ?– Top 4 with BIG, City club Tottenham or top 4 with Small, Town Club Rovers! No contest, and to be honest Rovers is more likely in the next 2 years!

I don't think the weight of expectation would discourage an ambitious manager like MH. Allardyce proved that by going to Newcastle and Hughes will, one day by going to a bigger club. Every manager worth his salt thinks he's the man to turn a club around, managers who don't think that usually ends up as pundits.

I'm playing devil's advocate here, I'm not taking these rumours seriously. I do think the fact that Spurs being a complete circus right now and finishing the job he's begun with Rovers will keep Hughes here for a while.

hughes wont go now....why tottenham when rovers will finish above them this year? he may as well wait till next season at least, albeit, spurs job will be taken but who knows what else will be available - rovers are a well run club, great players and a nice area to live despite naff fan base!

he may as well stick with us blues till (i assume) his dream utd job comes about....

Spurs have never been right since they let Carrick go to Man U...I believe Hughes needs a stepping stone to the Man U job so I personally am still concerned about what Spurs can offer salarywise to tempt him...But is he their first choice??

Ok, then answer the following questions for me:

1) Do they have a better squad?

In my opinion they most certainly do. Our side is balanced and good, but if both teams performed to the best of their ability we would lose.

2) Bigger stadium?

Yes.

3) More money?

Tons

4) More fans?

Yes

5) Better location?

From the perspective of attracting players most certainly yes.

We are a well run club with a very good bunch of players, but if Spurs got the right manager then we wouldn't stand a chance. They have everything in place in order to at least always secure 5th place, we don't.

Is this a I'll answer your question if you'll answer mine scenario :)

Agreed that they have more fans, better stadium, location etc (albeit the quality of their fans is poor). As to players, on paper they should be better (miles better in truth) but the fact of the matter is they are performing supremely badly.

As to money - who knows? Spurs are owed by ENIC. Now whilst the chairman (Daniel Levy) is a live long fan, ENIC is still a business (as opposed to a Abramovich or Shinawatra or indeed a Jack Walker style control). It's difficult to find these things out due to the murky world of offshore business but ENIC seem to have major interests in at least four other clubs; Slavia Prague, Vicenza Calcio, FC Basel and AEK Athens. So at the end of the day they are there to make Spurs a profitable club rather than being a pot of money to spend regardless. Since the start of the transfer window last summer Spurs' transfer deficit is around £40m (around £30m recouped against around a whopping £70m spent) - that's a huge outlay for which a business has to see returns.

Therefore the big question - would money be available to spend for a new manager? I'd personally be doubtful that they'd be able to see the same kind of money spent surely, without the club having a possibility of doing a Leeds.

Perhaps that's why they are so keen on Sparky - they want to see the same kind of bargains he has brought to Rovers!

Simple, he's lost his players. A poor start compounded by all the speculation pointing to Jol leaving put's the blame right at his feet. PLayers are not even trying now because they know they are not the ones being held accountable, the blame is squarely with Jol according to most sources therefore a couldn't give a toss attitude and a lack of confidence.

Holy no brainer Robin

Have you been watching the re-runs too :D

As to Jol losing the players, that is of course your own personal opinion. I personally think losing the players has come about because of the poor results, rather than the other way round. In the 4-4 Villa game for example, the players ran to Jol in an apparent show of solidarity on their last goal. That was only 4 games ago so presumably he hadn't lost the players then. Of course with the Berbatov spat on Monday it now looks like he has certainly has lost some of them. Importantly though I think that wasn't the reason for the crucial early poor results (Bolton draw, Fulham draw, Arsenal, Everton & Sunderland losses etc).

And that's what any prospective manager will have to consider surely; the rot started way before loss of confidence from his players in his ability.

All just my opinion of course :)

As to money - who knows? Spurs are owed by ENIC. Now whilst the chairman (Daniel Levy) is a live long fan, ENIC is still a business (as opposed to a Abramovich or Shinawatra or indeed a Jack Walker style control). It's difficult to find these things out due to the murky world of offshore business but ENIC seem to have major interests in at least four other clubs; Slavia Prague, Vicenza Calcio, FC Basel and AEK Athens. So at the end of the day they are there to make Spurs a profitable club rather than being a pot of money to spend regardless. Since the start of the transfer window last summer Spurs' transfer deficit is around £40m (around £30m recouped against around a whopping £70m spent) - that's a huge outlay for which a business has to see returns.

Therefore the big question - would money be available to spend for a new manager? I'd personally be doubtful that they'd be able to see the same kind of money spent surely, without the club having a possibility of doing a Leeds.

Perhaps that's why they are so keen on Sparky - they want to see the same kind of bargains he has brought to Rovers!

I can only quote JW. When you look at the list of Spurs sponsors, it reads like a list of the 100 footsie companies. Those companies simply don't exist anywhere near Blackburn. As far as available finance for a new manager, rovers can't come anywhere near competing with Spurs.

ITV4 are reporting at half time that Spurs have already agreed severance terms with Jol and that Ramos has agreed to take charge at Spurs.

They are quoting sources from The Times and The Sun.

Post match interview questions could be interesting ...

What an extraordinary way to run a football club - is this the first time a manager has been sacked during an important 1st team game?!

Will there be an announcement at full time over the PA?! :huh:

True or not, and however the news got out - the people running Spurs are responsible. What a bunch of clowns!

so they'll have a new man in charge for our game

bound to be up for it... changes the game completely

Depends who it is - The Times seems to suggest Clive Allen will be in charge at the weekend.

Which adds to the suspicion that this is all a huge wind up planted by a bored media industry Gooner still high after Tuesday night!!

Jol resigned before the game apparently

Whether he did or he didn't (and one has to have doubts as to the exact validity of that claim) - it is an utter disgrace that Spurs have allowed that to leak out during the game.

Jol has conducted himself with dignity throughout his recent ordeal - an ordeal caused by his employers.

Good luck to him, and the worst of luck to Spurs and the muppets who run the club. Hope Ramos digests the fact that his supposed future employers are spineless scum from the gutter - and blows them out.

Bad news for us if Jol is gone, or a great challenge. Never had a problem with the bloke really but would have liked to be the ones to throw them into turmoil. We'll have to be on our toes to get anything from the game if he's gone.

no it aint bad news its the opposite.

Spuds will have a caretaker at the helm and there will be lots of fall out within the club. They have more injury worries with Gardner pikcing up a knock and the very last thing other than an Arsenal visit is little old Rovers rolling into north London.

2-0 Rovers :brfcsmilie:

But just imagine if Ramos does decide it's not for him! I wonder where the Spuds will throw their immense wad of cash next? Coleman and Dowie are still around from our (extremely) short list if you have to replace Sparky.

Oh, if only! It would be so sweet! :rolleyes:

Archived