BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

"Very angry" Paul Robinson refused to warm-up before match.

It seems almost certain that Robinson will be on his way out of the club in the summer. When your coach is a disciplinarian it's not a wise thing to refuse to take part in a warm-up. But at Rovers in recent years we've had players who haven't just refused to warm-up, they have disgracefully refused to pull on the blue and white shirt in the first place.

(I'm thinking of the disgraceful antics of Barry Ferguson before an FA Cup tie against Cardiff and Andy Todd who refused to sit on the bench for a match against Leeds.)

Players who refuse to pull on the shirt for the club that pays their wages are bang out of order.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Very angry" Paul Robinson refused to warm-up before match.

It seems almost certain that Robinson will be on his way out of the club in the summer. When your coach is a disciplinarian it's not a wise thing to refuse to take part in a warm-up. But at Rovers in recent years we've had players who haven't just refused to warm-up, they have disgracefully refused to pull on the blue and white shirt in the first place.

(I'm thinking of the disgraceful antics of Barry Ferguson before an FA Cup tie against Cardiff and Andy Todd who refused to sit on the bench for a match against Leeds.)

Players who refuse to pull on the shirt for the club that pays their wages are bang out of order.

What the hell has Robinson got to be "furious" about? Being dropped? It's not as if he should struggle to find good reason. There's lots of stories about Robinson finding it very hard to take criticism and having a massive ego despite being arguably the worst keeper in the Premiership. Another example of an absolute ###### who plays for England...

Spurs are in cahoots with newcastle in regards to their delusions of grandure.

At least spurs have won a couple of major trophies over the last 50 years,F.A. Cup in 91-92 and i think theres a league and european cup in the bag too.

However since the days of gazza and lineker spurs(when they won the cup did mabbot get confused and pick lineker up instead of the cup?) have been a shadow of themselves.

Ok,granted over the last two seasons they have performed better but thats alls there is to mention.

Im also sick of spurs trying to immatate rovers. Okay immatation is the best form of flattery but spurs have taken it miles to far. Trying to pinch our palyers,managers and even stealing our kit design for a night,pathetic :angry:

What the hell has Robinson got to be "furious" about? Being dropped? It's not as if he should struggle to find good reason. There's lots of stories about Robinson finding it very hard to take criticism and having a massive ego despite being arguably the worst keeper in the Premiership. Another example of an absolute ###### who plays for England...

Make that 'used to play for England' ;)

Spurs are in cahoots with newcastle in regards to their delusions of grandure.

At least spurs have won a couple of major trophies over the last 50 years,F.A. Cup in 91-92 and i think theres a league and european cup in the bag too.

However since the days of gazza and lineker spurs(when they won the cup did mabbot get confused and pick lineker up instead of the cup?) have been a shadow of themselves.

Ok,granted over the last two seasons they have performed better but thats alls there is to mention.

Im also sick of spurs trying to immatate rovers. Okay immatation is the best form of flattery but spurs have taken it miles to far. Trying to pinch our palyers,managers and even stealing our kit design for a night,pathetic :angry:

There is absolutely no doubt Spur have a quality side now. THey can put out:

----------------------Berbatov---Keane

---------Bale-------Malbranque---Jenas---Lennon

-------Gilberto--------King------Woodgate----Hutton

----------------------------Cerny

That is a very good side with a ludicrous amount of quality on the bench. On top of that they seem to have found the genuine article as manager. They have wasted a lot of money over the last six or seven years but they are now getting to the point where they look solid and dangerous going forward. They do however have two major problems:

1) Still missing three key players (left winger, central midfielder, goalkeeper)

2) Loads of their players, particularly their defenders, are subsceptible to injury.

That said they will spend big again in the summer, and I am sure address those three missing players, and next year we could see them climb right up to the top of the league. I hate Spurs but they might have finally cracked it.

The money gap between us and them is so enormous it is laughable. Its frustrating as I am sure with access to even half that amount of money Hughes could have us right up there now let alone next season.

As it is we will struggle to sign one of their weaker players in Huddlestone. All we can hope for is that Woodgate, King and Bale all continue with their injury problems.

Just part of a plan devised by his agent to get his transfer value lowered so that his next club (City?) will be able to pay higher wages. Or am I being cynical?

Just part of a plan devised by his agent to get his transfer value lowered so that his next club (City?) will be able to pay higher wages. Or am I being cynical?

Not at all - think you have hit the nail on the head there.

Robinson can not have a single complaint. The new manager gave him a chance and he messed that up too and the new lad Cerney (have probably spelt that wrong) has been doing well. He probably has no idea why he has been dropped from the England squad either the fool.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go against everyone here.

Thank god Spurs have won the cup!

We need teams outside the top 4 to win the cups because whether we like it or not, the fans of those clubs generally love the club and aren't on just supporting a team because they are constantly successful and then skip to the next dominant team.

Anyway, Spurs for the League Cup I can put up with....let's just be thankful it ain't the FA Cup or the League! :lol:

Well done Spurs!

Yep thats whats going on right now on boards such as 606. They are talking about being in the top four next season and possibly even winning the league. :wacko:

They have looked much improved under Ramos. Challenging for the league, I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish top 4 next season.

I think the Tottenham fans need to remember that if they lost 2-1 in extra time then they wouldn't be talking about Champions League places at all so they need to enjoy the victory and then remember that earlier in the season they were pretty much below everyone in the league.

The team itself need to carry on progressing like they have been under Ramos and I'm sure Ramos and Poyet have the experience to make sure these players keep their feet on the ground and not get too far ahead of themselves. With the right mix of experienced players and excellent young prospects, the team has a great chance to re-establish themselves as a top 5 team.

We need teams outside the top 4 to win the cups because whether we like it or not, the fans of those clubs generally love the club and aren't on just supporting a team because they are constantly successful and then skip to the next dominant team.

Anyway, Spurs for the League Cup I can put up with....let's just be thankful it ain't the FA Cup or the League! :lol:

Well done Spurs!

this result could mean we miss out on europe next season, that far outweighs any consideration. we certainly don't need the likes of spurs winning trophies ahead of us.

Well done Spurs!

Yep well done, On taking a european space from our reach , but WELL DONE.

:angry: :angry:

a european place for a competition that no one really gives a toss about? I say that after looking at the UEFA cup gates and the teams that are put out to play them.

For once the underdog won the cup, and deservedly out played the big guns. As much as it pains me to see spurs win, the way they played after halftime meant they deserved to win.

this result could mean we miss out on europe next season, that far outweighs any consideration. we certainly don't need the likes of spurs winning trophies ahead of us.

I don't want to qualify for Europe unless we deserve to be there by coming in the UEFA Cup spot. I'm fed up of teams getting into Europe through the back door whether it's Blackburn or not.

Of course it's great to play in Europe but sometimes from a football fans point of view and not a biased Rovers view, its great to see teams other than the top 4 win a domestic competition. It's good for the game and it's fully deserved.

The reason why I support Blackburn is because I fell in love with football. If football becomes ruined, there will be no Blackburn. In my opinion, for the sake of the game, todays result was the right result.

I don't want to qualify for Europe unless we deserve to be there by coming in the UEFA Cup spot. I'm fed up of teams getting into Europe through the back door whether it's Blackburn or not.

Of course it's great to play in Europe but sometimes from a football fans point of view and not a biased Rovers view, its great to see teams other than the top 4 win a domestic competition. It's good for the game and it's fully deserved.

The reason why I support Blackburn is because I fell in love with football. If football becomes ruined, there will be no Blackburn. In my opinion, for the sake of the game, todays result was the right result.

Wrong Tim.

Archived