BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Hyde pessimism within me keeps surfacing with the recurring thought that 'there is many a slip twixt cup and lip'. :unsure:

C'mon Seville take the money and let the bguger leave.

I prefer 'many a slip twix dress and drawer'

Life at Spurs:

Comedy Commolli

Spuds version of a dignified exit

Pleat upsetting the Spuds blog contributors

So Hughes would have considered going there? Three key reasons why Hughes would not go to WHL even if Ramos rams a bus in Tottenham High Road and never reaches the place:

1) Wales was politics with blazered pygmies, Rovers seem to manage their politics into positive momentum, Spuds is a minefield in which politics can spin way out of the Manager's control. The Manager is only at level 3 on the hierarchy whilst being at level 1 in terms of taking the flak.

2) Do Man U have a Director of Football? Is working with a Director of Football a skill Sparky needs to acquire/perfect?

3) What has been Sparky's outstanding success at Ewood above all his other outstanding achievements? Picking players in the transfer market.

What does the Spuds manager NOT DO? Pick players in the transfer market.

Why go somewhere where you greatest strength will not be used and the power set-up is set against you from day one? Hughes would be onto a loser from day one.

Why go somewhere where you greatest strength will not be used and the power set-up is set against you from day one? Hughes would be onto a loser from day one.

One day some Chairman will turn up that will prob let Hughes dictate his own terms. But I guess such animals are a sight rarer than hens teeth in football.

It really is weird that Spurs 'enjoy' such attention! They've won sweet FA and they still will only win sweet FA, and they are sweet FA, yet for some reason half of Scandavia has suffered massive de-forestation because they have sacked on manager and appointed another. Apart from a few Spurs and Seville fans who gives one really?

Early last week I though the Spurs game was a no-win situation. Losing is never good, and I thought if we won Jol would be sacked and Hughes would be tempted to go. As it turned out - we win and another job that possibly could have tempted Hughes is safe for awhile. Perfect Result!

Two belting goals from the Rovers. Soft looking pen for Spurs. 2-1 win with a last minute superstrike by a Congolese giant to seal 3 points. Ecstatic scenes on the bench and on the pitch.

Picture in the Guardian? Lennon falling over under Warnock's challenge. Does that make any sense to anyone?

And I hope that they are successful! It is high time that the so called "Big Clubs" were made to realise that their piratical ways will not be tolerated. Hit them so hard in the pocket that the whole set of them will wince as one, and will think hard and long about how they go about their business in future.

Picture in the Guardian? Lennon falling over under Warnock's challenge. Does that make any sense to anyone?

The longer we can go on sneaking up the table without being noticed the better. Maybe come may everyone will wake up with a shock when the read the morning papers and Rovers are in the top 4. :xmas:

• 2 months later...

Just a thought. In order to give the league an extra UEFA cup place we need a team who qualify for Europe through the league winning the Carling Cup. Chelsea and Arsenal definately will. Everton have a good chance of doing. Tottenham haven't.

Spurs winning the Carling cup is potentially bad for us. Lets hope Arsenals kids do them tonight.

(Note - the uefa spot only goes to the winners of this cup - not the runners up)

I hate Spurs fans....they are the geordies of the south, believing their own hype & banging on about what a big successful club they are.

Who-ever they play in the final, i truly hope they get hammered.....& i mean a proper hammering!!! 4-0, 5-0, 6-0.....i`d luv it, just luv it!!! ;)

Archived