BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Already Doomed ?

Notlob are not down...yet. But will be even closer to their doom if they don't continue Villa's wretched run this week-end.

We desperately need Bolton to start trying to save themselves but I just don't see it happening and with the teams immediately above them inevitably picking up points because they are playing each other, Trotters are going to be working out when relegation becomes a mathematical certainty come 5-o-clock tomorrow.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ours is most unique in the league and is to be treasured. I wish they would stop adding bits of bleedin' red to it. It should be the original blue and white halves with the badge - keep it simple !

Quite agree.

Further to the above point, and apologies if this has already been raised; has anyone noticed the tendency of certain Premier League clubs to ditch their traditional dark shorts for white ones so as to match their shirts (i.e. Spurs and Bolton)?

The trend presumably started with Leeds aping Real Madrid in the sixties and has now taken a foothold. Hopefully with the demise of Leeds and with the trap door opening for Bolton, this might act as a warning to others.

Notlob are not down...yet. But will be even closer to their doom if they don't continue Villa's wretched run this week-end.

We desperately need Bolton to start trying to save themselves but I just don't see it happening and with the teams immediately above them inevitably picking up points because they are playing each other, Trotters are going to be working out when relegation becomes a mathematical certainty come 5-o-clock tomorrow.

Speak for yourself mate.....I don't want Notlob to save themselves....I want them to go down.....They're a disgrace to football.

Happy to see them go down, as it makes us look better. But would miss the away trip, as it takes 7 minutes from my house to the ground, for an away trip. And we have a good record there too, 3 points a year lost. I personally would like Bolton, Burnley, Wigan, Preston, City, United, Liverpool and Everton in our division. Would cost a fortune though, perhaps we would need an away season ticket!

Happy to see them go down, as it makes us look better. But would miss the away trip, as it takes 7 minutes from my house to the ground, for an away trip. And we have a good record there too, 3 points a year lost. I personally would like Bolton, Burnley, Wigan, Preston, City, United, Liverpool and Everton in our division. Would cost a fortune though, perhaps we would need an away season ticket!

What have you got against Blackpool Ozzie? ;)

That'll be Bolton picking up 3 points tomorrow then, nice one Pip.

4-0 against Villa - looks like some have given up now!

From Motd highlights Notlob appeared to have plenty of play and plenty of spirit but nothing went right for them...... They cannot score and that really is relegation form!

Bolton are 4 points behind Birmingham and with a 13 worse goal difference.

Assuming that Brum don't collect another point all season, The Piggies are going to have to find 5 points from:

home to WHU

away at Boro

away at Spurs

home to Sunderland

away at Chelsea.

I can't see them getting anything at Spurs or Chelsea, so I reckon they have to pick up 5 points from the other 3 games & hope the teams just above them don't pick up any points for the rest of the season.

Albert Pierrepoint is oiling the hinges on the Bolton trapdoor

From Motd highlights Notlob appeared to have plenty of play and plenty of spirit but nothing went right for them...... They cannot score and that really is relegation form!

Selling Anelka in January and not replacing him has cost them. They were probably happy to take the money at the time but financially speaking it was a poor decision. Not so much the sale but not bringing anyone in.

According to Megson a few weeks ago - he wouldnt of made any difference to them! Yeah right!! They should of stumped up the £4m needed for Roberts and he would of saved them - instead they tried haggling the price and failed and ended up with Rasiak

• 2 weeks later...

Well Abbey, you can hardly play with a cast on your hand.

First of all you could do further damage to yourself and secondly, and far more likely really, you could do damage to others if your hand hit them, so you'd never be allowed onto the field of play in the first place.

He's had an operation on it and there are three breaks in different places so the lightweight cast is not an option apparently.

Who did he hit so hard?

The guy at the chippy when he told him he was out of pies

Archived