BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Young Guns

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a big difference with Hatton. He plays a sport where he can afford to become unfit and then spend several months getting into great shape. I'm sure he doesn't go for nights out in the build-up to a fight.

A footballer should simply not be going out and getting drunk, or staying out too late for that matter, during the season. They get a ton of money to do what they do and fitness is key to what they do, anyone with half a brain would tell you that drinking and not sleeping as much is not good for your health.

Treacy was back in the Under-18's last Saturday and, although he scored a goal, didn't look anything exceptional against Sheffield Utd Under-18. Wouldn't think he was in line for a place against Manchester United on the evidence of that particular performance.

Judge is a terrific little player who has a lot of skill and gives 100 per cent in terms of effort. He is tricky and can score goals. However, he is small in build and not particularly quick. I'm sure he has a great future in the lower divisions, but I'm not convinced he's a Premiership player at the moment. It would be interesting to see him on loan to a Championship side next season to see how he performs at that level.

Judge is a terrific little player who has a lot of skill and gives 100 per cent in terms of effort. He is tricky and can score goals. However, he is small in build and not particularly quick. I'm sure he has a great future in the lower divisions, but I'm not convinced he's a Premiership player at the moment. It would be interesting to see him on loan to a Championship side next season to see how he performs at that level.

So Jemel Johnson then? :rock:

So Jemel Johnson then? :rock:

not really as he's a midfielder

totally agree with Parsonblue on him - can certainly pick a pass and cross a ball would say he is nippy rather than fast but certainly not what you would term slow

He might be small but what I saw of him he looks like he will have something to offer

• 5 weeks later...
:rover: i wonder if it would be worth rovers sending tugay to the academy,as a coach :brfcsmilie:

Heck, waggy - that would mean that they would have to learn how to pass the ball.

Its all about fitness these days not ability to kick a ball. :rolleyes:

For anyone who can speak German.

Bjorn Bussmann

Really wish I knew what he was saying, when he's tucking into his fish and chips from the Hake Boat in the town centre!

Something about Santa Cruz telling him about the existance of Fish & Chips maybe? :lol:

• 1 month later...

It's good that we're pushing the boundaries but the most obvious problem is still overlooked.

If only the Rovers staff would take heed of my "Confidence Moment" theory, we would definitely see an improvement in the success rate of the academy. And I'm not messing.

It's simple - and it's psychologically logical. When a player is performing consistently well for the reserves, they are high on confidence and self-belief. This is THE moment to give them transition games with the firsts to, quite simply, make the transition. When they are high on self-belief, they will be more ready to express themselves and play to their potential and make the step up - and less likely to be daunted and gripped by self-doubt which inhibits and paralyses.

If you miss this "Confidence Moment" of a player, then the ideal moment passes for the transition to be made. So now, Eddie Nolan is low on confidence after being snubbed since his one sub appearance under Hughes. He's been left languishing with the reserves this pre-season. His optimum time for transition has passed - but not necessarily for ever.

Time and time again, the "Confidence Moment" of youngsters is being allowed to pass by the Rovers manager. Stagnation is generally what follows - although, sometimes, through lucky circumstances, that confidence moment comes back around - although not very often. The longer a player stays in the reserves BEYOND that Confidence Moment, the less likely they are to ever make the breakthrough.

Giving youngsters a chance is a matter of URGENCY based on my theory, for obvious reasons. However, based on the familiar incumbent theory, there is no urgency. The manager has all the time to give a player a chance when he wants - and if he makes his debut when he's 22, it's neither here nor there. This is wrong.

If we had a youngster of quality you could be sure he would PLAY.

But we dont produce kids like Man United do, or West Ham, or some of the better producers of talent...Therefore we cant risk playing someone not good enough just for the sake of it in million pound Premiership matches...

If a kid is good enough, then he will shine through, usually before 21. Id say that if they havent made it by then, they are very unlikely to ever be a great player. Top quality will always shine through, unfortunatley we dont tend to buy it like United and Co do.

So Rovers have re-invented the iceberg profile,

It's good that we're pushing the boundaries but the most obvious problem is still overlooked.

If only the Rovers staff would take heed of my "Confidence Moment" theory, we would definitely see an improvement in the success rate of the academy. And I'm not messing.

It's simple - and it's psychologically logical. When a player is performing consistently well for the reserves, they are high on confidence and self-belief. This is THE moment to give them transition games with the firsts to, quite simply, make the transition. When they are high on self-belief, they will be more ready to express themselves and play to their potential and make the step up - and less likely to be daunted and gripped by self-doubt which inhibits and paralyses.

If you miss this "Confidence Moment" of a player, then the ideal moment passes for the transition to be made. So now, Eddie Nolan is low on confidence after being snubbed since his one sub appearance under Hughes. He's been left languishing with the reserves this pre-season. His optimum time for transition has passed - but not necessarily for ever.

Time and time again, the "Confidence Moment" of youngsters is being allowed to pass by the Rovers manager. Stagnation is generally what follows - although, sometimes, through lucky circumstances, that confidence moment comes back around - although not very often. The longer a player stays in the reserves BEYOND that Confidence Moment, the less likely they are to ever make the breakthrough.

Giving youngsters a chance is a matter of URGENCY based on my theory, for obvious reasons. However, based on the familiar incumbent theory, there is no urgency. The manager has all the time to give a player a chance when he wants - and if he makes his debut when he's 22, it's neither here nor there. This is wrong.

Mate your dead right they should get there chance when at their peak, but what happens when there peak is againast one of the top four. Reserve football is not benefical to a player development after a certin stage, players require challenge and drive to continue development. We should make better use of the clubs around us who play in the lower leagues. Morecombe etc would be good training grounds for our players to aid there development.

If we had a youngster of quality you could be sure he would PLAY.

But we dont produce kids like Man United do, or West Ham, or some of the better producers of talent...Therefore we cant risk playing someone not good enough just for the sake of it in million pound Premiership matches...

The trouble is as quoted by the new technology article they are baffled why players don't make the grade at Rovers! De Vita had a huge reputation when he joined, what has happened??? I haven't been to the academy in a while so have no real idea why it goes so wrong, but they could do worse than get in touch with LJMU.

Archived