BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Leicester Did

Wolverine

Couldn't find any discussion on this.

Can anyone see this sort of sportsmanship occurring in the Premiership?

It's quite difficult to have a discussion when you don't know what you are supposed to be discussing. So; what did Leicester actually do?

Yes; well what can I say? That was a fantastic and very sporting thing to do. Well done indeed to Leicester City for that. I have never heard of anything like that happening before, and it really does show that the right spirit of Football as a sport is still alive, and hopefully others will look at that and learn from it. Also good to hear that the Leicester player that had the heart failure is still with us, and I am sure we would all wish him a speedy recovery to full health ASAP.

The Leicester player in question (Clive Clarke) was interviewed on 5Live on Monday night. He sounded quite upbeat, is undergoing test and hopes to be playing again next season.

As for the 'sporting' behavoir it was very good of them. I couldn't see it happening in the Premiership although I couldnt see Leicester doing it in a Championship game.

Which reminds me - Good old Sutty.

Can anyone see this sort of sportsmanship occurring in the Premiership?

Di Canio caught the ball when on the attack against Everton because their keeper was down.

Fowler missed a Pen on purpose - no one told Jason Mcateer because he banged in the follow up

DownUnderRover Posted Today, 04:39

Didn't Nathan Blake have the chance to score against Portsmouth just as the keeper collapsed, but called for a doctor/trainer straight away - or am I imagining this?

No, you are confused. Nathan Blake always missed any chance he had to score in any game

Didn't Nathan Blake have the chance to score against Portsmouth just as the keeper collapsed, but called for a doctor/trainer straight away - or am I imagining this?

Then the poor keeper died a couple of seasons later in a car crash.

Yes, it was in a Worthington Cup match against Pompey.

The goalkeeper was Aaron Flahavan.

There was an incident of this kind in a game involving Yeovil ... But I can't remember the details. Can anyone oblige?

As for Leicester, full marks for a fantastic example of sportsmanship, particularly the interaction between goalie and scorer before the goal went in.

There was an incident of this kind in a game involving Yeovil ... But I can't remember the details. Can anyone oblige?

It was a league cup match between Yeovil & Plymouth. Yeovil scored in acccidental fashion when the ball was kicked back to the Plymouth goalie following an injury stoppage.

Yeovil then allowed Plymouth to score from the kick off.

BBC

Fowler missed a Pen on purpose - no one told Jason Mcateer because he banged in the follow up

No he didn't, he but he did tell the ref that it wasn't a penalty. When the referee still awarded him the penalty he took it, which despite being weak, was on target - I think he could've missed it a whole lot better than that if that was his intention.

Then the poor keeper died a couple of seasons later in a car crash.

Both are true and the abuse of Nathan is uncalled for in this context. So yes a Prem team has been as sporting.

its blatent match fixing

can you imagine the horror of punters who had a leicester player to score first goal

and the delight of the stupid drunkman who put the forest keeper for first goal as a laugh with his mates at 1,000,000 to 1

I bet somebody did or had him down to score at some point.

Is always worth a punt in the cup!

They should have made it an own goal and then it wouldn't have mattered or told the public.

Still it's great sportsmanship and glad to see even in a derby common sense comes through.

its blatent match fixing

can you imagine the horror of punters who had a leicester player to score first goal

and the delight of the stupid drunkman who put the forest keeper for first goal as a laugh with his mates at 1,000,000 to 1

The keeper was intentionly chosen to score because he wasn't quoted as the first scorer.

:brfc:

Archived