BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mourinho Leaves Chelsea

stuwilky

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a manager as talented and successful as Mourinho is subject to medling from Chelsea's upper brass, who else really wants to be in the same job?

Exacty right, thats why Mark Hughes would not have touched it with a barge pole!

Just the sort of job for a pesonal friend, like Avram Grant, just wait until it goes pear shaped and he has to sack a friend :lol:

Overseas owners may not be the saviours that some people would like to think!

Reports indicating he has gone all over the wires and the TV.

Im kinda stuck for words.

Try these

HA HA HA HA HA HA :)

Seriously, as much as I like getting wound up by Jose, his departure from the Premiership will make football a lot more dull. Now it's just be constant "Sir Alex Ferguson this - Arsene Wenger this" after some dull rant from the red faced whinger or Arsene complaining because some team tackled his players. With no hope of anything interesting ever being said.

Chelsea have just shot themselves in the foot good and proper, a team with bugger all goal scoring threat, a trigger happy chairman and no chance of buying anyone till January, title challenge over me thinks.

Hada bet on him being the first manager to leave so happy with that but will also miss his childish rants - think not only the Chelsea but the league will be worse without him.

Be interesting to find out exactly why he has gone, statement due today from Chelski

I swapped this from anoher thread myself...for what it's worth.

All I heard yesterday was that Avram Grant would be put in charge when the bomb dropped...good job I had £3 on Mourinho at 28/1 to be the first casualty.

After that, who knows? Grant is Abramovich's pal and was brought in over Jose's head. Abramovich also brought in 'boffin' Mike Forde from Bolton and Jose left him in the academy. So there is a lot of politics going on.

There's also Frank Arnesen around to have his say and he would prefer a Dutchman.

However, before you can breathe easily...the fact that your manager is ex-Chelsea, a Chelsea fan and probably the best young Premier League manager around would have to be a concern.

cheers Nicko, really helped calm the nerves that did ;)

I think Grant will get the chance to run with it.

If he messes up they will look again.

Right now - watching the betting - I would say Grant is a good price and Hughesy's 16 to 1 is about right.

If that is a comfort, of course.

The point is that if you have something good someone else wants to nick it. The way of the world.

It would be good to think our result at the weekend played some part in this.

err like convince em that sparky is the better manager, and allowing Peter Kenyon the perfect opportunity to 'sound him out' after the match? :unsure: But although I'm sure that Hughes's agent will be busting a gut to get his name in the hat I think that they will go for another european big hitter with a good record in the Champions League.

"Mourinho sent text messages to John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba wishing each of them "good luck in the rest of your career" and saying that he was leaving the club this morning."

As to the Telegraph story.... after observing his methods over the past few yaers I'm very suprised he didn't text them all. Maybe therein lies a clue. It's been reported on TV that he had a fall out with supernob Terry and the feeling was that he had 'lost the dressing room'. Given that last season he 'lost the boardroom' (and also appeared to have lost the use of the Chelsea chequebook) then this was only ever going to end this way wasn't it?

By any measure Hughes would be an excellent choice for Chelsea manager, and while Hughes will be very attached to this squad I cant see him turning down Abramovich if he came calling.

The saving grace is however that the mantra in the press seems to be that the Chelsea board want attractive football and that probably pushes Sparky out of it- while we play some good stuff its hardly devil may care. I imagine Abramovich will be looking for someone with a Wengeresque philosophy of total football.

I imagine Abramovich will be looking for someone with a Wengeresque philosophy of total football.

Total football eh? Arsenal play lovely stuff without doubt but toital football is not how I describe the diving, play acting and cheating that we saw once they were 1-0 up at Ewood.

By any measure Hughes would be an excellent choice for Chelsea manager, and while Hughes will be very attached to this squad I cant see him turning down Abramovich if he came calling.

The saving grace is however that the mantra in the press seems to be that the Chelsea board want attractive football and that probably pushes Sparky out of it- while we play some good stuff its hardly devil may care. I imagine Abramovich will be looking for someone with a Wengeresque philosophy of total football.

Got to be Keggy Keegan then :lol::lol:

And anyone who was in the slightest bit concerned that Hughes would be targeted by Chelsea is suffering from severe paranoia.

Not so much paranoia, more delusions of grandeur. A few semi-final appearances and a record of 15th, 6th, 10th aren't enough to get you a top job like Chelsea. I have no doubt that Hughes will reach that level one day because he is a fantastic manager, but he's got some way to go yet before he's proved himself ready for that level. I fear clubs like Tottenham/Newcastle more than I do the top four. I know both clubs are a bit of a running joke, but imagine what Hughes could have achieved there if he'd been given the funds they've had over recent years.

Good point about Tottenham and Mourinho by the way. I don't think for a second they'll get him, but I'm sure they'll have a try in the coming weeks.

Bazzanotsogreat Posted Today, 10:32

A sad day for the Premiership IMO, okay Jose was Brash, arrogant and a poor loser, but we(football fans) will be without a true character and a great manager with an individual presence like no-other.

Given the fact that Roman is buying players who are his mates and giving management jobs to his mates I am not worried at all about sparky going to Chelski.

I will be more worried when Jol gets the boot.

Don't worry, he will be back, he is probably at this moment arranging his circumcision,

seeing as how they want everyone else!

:lol:

Mourinho will be a huge loss to the Premiership. I cannot see him going to Spuds as the Spuds Board make Abramovich look like a hands-off disinterested diltante.

Abramovich has to decide between playing with his toys and having the World's number 1 football brand. Of course he will not see the two as mutually incompatible.

Archived