BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matty Again!

philipl

Lets play him up front and Im sure hel do the same for us! He isnt and never will be a right winger.

Agree 100%. He looked way out of position coming on against Big Club. If we need a right midfielder we can bring Zurab on at right back and move Brett up there.

have i just been owned by an american using sarcasm?

The worlds gone mad. Il get my coat..

Im not czech...so unfortunately cant use it as an excuse. Im tired after a tough week at work ;)

It was sarcasm with a point. When Matty does well it is great that he scored for his country, yet when Bentley pulls out the u-21s are pointless and a waste of time...

Whilst I can see the suggestion of hypocrisy - I think you have to bear in mind the level the two players have reached. Bentley was a player who was already playing week in week out against the best the Premiership has to offer, as well as having played a number of European games and being involved in full international squads.

Matty is still at a point where he is struggling to make a breakthrough to be considered a first team player - so the impact of these games in terms of his development and his confidence is greater.

Agree 100%. He looked way out of position coming on against Big Club. If we need a right midfielder we can bring Zurab on at right back and move Brett up there.

No, thanks. Brett might get ahead of himself again and start demanding the 'glory' of playing on the wing on a regular basis.

Derbs is a poacher, so to play him on the flank isn't a great idea, imo. Granted he has pace but that's not enough (ask Emerton or Andy Johnson).

It was sarcasm with a point. When Matty does well it is great that he scored for his country, yet when Bentley pulls out the u-21s are pointless and a waste of time...

I don't know if this is the reason people have said those things, but might it be because Bentley is already 23, and had been picked for the full England squad at the time all this unfortunate row broke out? Whereas Derbyshire is indeed a young England prospect still learning his trade as it were.

Archived