BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Celtic Last Night

Cocker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patience people. It will be featured on BBC Scotland at Tea Time. If it was a tackle AGAINST Celtic, we will never hear the last of it, and if it was a tackle BY a Celtic player it will be a 2or 3 second exposure and quickly on to the next subject. Will let you all know when I have seen it.

Won the ball.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, that's a very bad tackle. If he gets any less than a 5 game ban then something is wrong. There's so clearly no intent to play the ball and it's potentially career-ending to stamp someone's leg like that. 10 games would be about right.

It was a very very bad tackle. If his foot didn't move his leg would be in 2 bits right now. Essien got a ban 2 seasons ago for doing something similar, but not as bad, to Hamman in the first Liverpool-Chelsea CL knockout game.

Believed at the time, and still do, that the player had been told to target Scotty to keep him out of the Scotland v Italy match. Hopefully it has failed and the tosser that tried it will be out for a very long time.

And TFE and exiled_rover- you're disgusting w*nkers for making light of it. Hope Barca maul your lot tonight. Oh and by the way- irony would have been with a smiley. What you wrote was just unpleasant- but hey, what's new?

Oh and by the way- irony would have been with a smiley. What you wrote was just unpleasant- but hey, what's new?

So your comments about Souness over the years have been perfectly pleasant, wishing him no harm at all? Is your surname Pot or Kettle by any chance? Grow up.

Believed at the time, and still do, that the player had been told to target Scotty to keep him out of the Scotland v Italy match. Hopefully it has failed and the tosser that tried it will be out for a very long time.

You really think that a player from Cameroon, playing for a club from Portugal went out trying to rule a player out of a Scotland v Italy match?

I'd say that is about on the level of Kuyt's lunge in the Merseyside derby the other week. Both deserve a ten match ban, if you ask me.

Before I opened that link I was thinking "Nah, can't be worse than what Kuyt did." ... but blow me, it was. At least the Everton player had a chance of getting out of teh way.

Mind you, if there's one player I love to hate at the minute it's Kuyt. What a dirty so-and-so. Such a smackable face as well.

Liverpool are definitely the team I despise at the minute.

So your comments about Souness over the years have been perfectly pleasant, wishing him no harm at all? Is your surname Pot or Kettle by any chance? Grow up.

While I don't really agree with what Jan says here, or what T4E says (althought I'm sure he was only joking light heartedly), the two aren't really comparable...

Bryan, I've looked again, and I actually think that Kuyt's challange was worse. I'm certain that there is intent in both cases, but Kuyt's lunge could have killed a man!!

You have to set a precedent and give them both a huge ban. I cannot believe that Kuyt has gone unpunished! If I were Phil Neville, I'd have done everything I could to see the @#/? sent to the stands!

Archived