BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage - The Bad Apple

Roost

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ungrateful? Cheeky get - some of the money I pay for tickets ended up in his pocket.

Good riddance :angry2:

There are two posts mentioning that interview. One poster describes it as him taking a shot at the small minority of boo-boys at Ewood, the other one as saying "Rovers fans are ungrateful". Interesting to see which one you chose to believe.

What a joke! we're playing like turd and need leaders and players to who have a never say die attitude so MH goes and sells him. 1.5 million??? whats the point? if the club couldn't find that money then the board and owners don't deserve a premiership club. The Axe is off for a month and prob worst midfielder in the Premiership, We still don't know if Reid will ever be the same, Tugay is nearly 50 and injured, and Dunn is ok but will prob be injured in a couple of weeks.

So, word has it that our friend Mr Savage, now that he is fit, has caused division in the dressing room because he thinks that he is better than some of the midfielders picked before him in the side.

Laughable really - I didnt hear him moaning when he was collecting his wages whilst injured.

Do us one big favour Savage and sign for Sunderland - please.

Mokoena - you have a nerve - if I played football as bad as you I would keep my head down and keep my gob shut.

Roberts - see Savage above - another who kept very quiet when injured. If you were that good, how come you only touched the ball three times when you came on yesterday?

Benni - Will miss your goals. Wont miss your blatant attempts to hawk yourself around to other clubs whilst still wearing a Rovers shirt.

Hopefully January will bring a goodbye to the 'gang of four'

One ove - BRFC

Your having a laugh mate. Leave him alone!

Eh? I liked Dailly. Thought he was a cultured player who, like several others, got caught up in a team which was in turmoil.

Im checking that statement for sarcasm but cant find any? Cultured how exactly? he liked a guided walk round Houghton Towwr on his day off that kind of thing?

Extremely good move by Savage.

He takes a small pay cut but has guarranteed employment into his 37th year.

He has gone somewhere where he will either be a superstar or forgiven because he's surrounded by dross whereas at Sunderland the same weaknesses that have ruled him out of the Rovers team would be apparent.

Sunderland are trying to go for a high tempo pressing game which Sav cannot hack any longer plus a loose tongued emotional outburst has disrupted his colleagues and hastened his exit from Rovers. Imagine Roy Keane's response to a Savage outburst.... :excl:

Enormous thanks to Sav for his time at Ewood....................... he earned his bling.

Im torn on this one.

Part of me thinks its a great bit of business, getting 1.5m for a 33 year old who is past his best, and hasnt been the same since his leg break last season.

However another part of me thinks that unless we do get a quality replacement in the Diarra/Sidwell mode that our current midfield will be really weakened by this departure, as others have said he is a leader in the middle and we dont have many of those.

Saying that though, im going to lean with my first statement.

Any club wanting to be in the top 6 of the best league in the world in 2008, should have better players than Robbie Savage in there midfield.

All the best Rob :tu:

Robbie Savage and diplomacy do not go together - no matter how hard he tries.

Is it me, or is this not only a criticism of Hughes but also of one South African central midfielder-cum-lumber jack?

"I haven't been able to get into the Blackburn team recently and I don't know why.

I think Mary the cook would have got a game before me."

Robbie Savage and diplomacy do not go together - no matter how hard he tries.

Is it me, or is this not only a criticism of Hughes but also of one South African central midfielder-cum-lumber jack?

"I haven't been able to get into the Blackburn team recently and I don't know why.

I think Mary the cook would have got a game before me."

In fairness - I'd play Mary the cook ahead of the Axe :)

In fairness - I'd play Mary the cook ahead of the Axe :)

I agree, if only to spice up the midfield...

There's certainly been the wrong mix of ingredients on the field recently...

We need to sort it out or else we'll be toast...

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me trying to curry favour...

:wacko:

Stop it, there's too much argie-bhaji going on. Savage would do a good job for Derby, whether his vanity leads him to go and get tandoor he stops posing and gets a hair cut. His work rate has always been second to naan, which will help Derby's puri work ethic. However, Hughes would be madras to replace him with Koumas.

Derby fan on Savage's debut:

"and so to Savage! We see why Hughes wasn't playing him, and nothing he offered showed any encouragement for the future. A performance that would see him red-carded away from home, lets hope he improves with matches as it seems inevitable he'll get games under Jewell.. nothing I saw today has convinced me he was worth sacrificing our principles for."

ha ha...

Can't you just imagine what Savage was getting up to? Puffed up with Messianic zeal and sporting the arm-band like a military decoration, he'd be hurtling into absurd challenges with the ball only a vague interest, before rising like a awry martyr to give the referee and his bemused team-mates a gobful of abuse. Then, concerned that he was not the centre of attention, with his victim writhing on the floor, he invokes his charisma to make upwards motions with his hands, indicating to the crowd that this example of midfield idiocy is worthy of raucous celebration and reminding everyone that he has an Armani tattoo on his upper arm.

A stroke of his flowing locks later, he is back in his central midfield berth. Paul Jewell is frozen to the spot on the touchline with a nasty churning feeling in his stomach which vaguely reminds him of when he first saw Titus Bramble in training.

If it didn't happen - it should've done... :rolleyes:

Archived