SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage - The Bad Apple

Roost

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha, it's late, I'm tired.

I'm going to miss watching Sav play in the blue and white halves.

Better, Mr. Pedantic? ;)

On the same theme, I love it when the Blackburn End sing to the opposition fans, 'you'll never win fu*k all......' which of course means they'll win everything. Being clever tawts, me and my mate usually sing, 'you'll always win fu*k all.' :brfc:

On the same theme, I love it when the Blackburn End sing to the opposition fans, 'you'll never win fu*k all......' which of course means they'll win everything. Being clever tawts, me and my mate usually sing, 'you'll always win fu*k all.' :brfc:

I believe they're singing 'you've never won f all' which is always amusing when sung to the likes of Everton and Leeds.

I know that it's childish but it's Newcastle and Brum for me.

I find Everton and Leeds amusing becuase the 18yr olds singing it in the Bburn End have no idea of what the two clubs have actually won in the last 40 years. Whereas Brum and the barcodes are amusing cos it's more true.

He gets booed because he lied about his intentions. Had he gone to Liverpool, an undeniably bigger club, then he wouldn't get half the reaction he does now. It's the fact he went to WHam, who were a good shout for relegation, for £40k (or whatever) more a week and then proclaimed it was to further his career at a larger club.

West Ham is a bigger club though. He plays to a packed 40,000 each week....

What odds that they will finish higher than us this season?

He's also moved to the best city in the world.

I'm certainly with the camp of people who were glad that he was so honest with us, instead of lying about his intentions and causing massive unrest at the club like save and numerous others...

He's also moved to the best city in the world.

I'm certainly with the camp of people who were glad that he was so honest with us, instead of lying about his intentions and causing massive unrest at the club like save and numerous others...

1. why is wham a bigger club ?

2. the average crowd is 32000.

3. they are no favourites to finish higher than Rovers.

4. best city in the world ? Please forgive me but its the dirtiest,smelliest and most cramped shitehole I have ever set foot in and its full of rime, immigrans and workshy locals.

He gets booed because he lied about his intentions. It's the fact he went to WHam, who were a good shout for relegation, for £40k (or whatever) more a week and then proclaimed it was to further his career at a larger club.

Only just noticed this. Neill was getting booed whilst still playing for Rovers when we all thought he was going to Liverpool (or Barcelona). The fact is he gets booed because he wanted to leave the club. People forget that almost all players don't have anywhere near the feeling for their clubs that fans have.

As for Savage good luck to him. All this talk of him disrupting the dressing room is just rumour. He arrived when we were in desperate need of a lift and did a great job the first season he came. I have to admit i was dead against his signing, especially for the price. However despite his obvious limitations he does grow on people.

The only time he annoyed me was when he was a pundit on TV. His anti-Toshack rants and his general comments were cringeworthy at times. I just hope that if there is a bit of a rift developed between Sav and us he has the intelligence to keep his mouth closed over the next few days. If he does he's guaranteed a good reception back at Ewood.

If he had moved to Liverpool then he would have made sense. But he blatantly moved for the money and rubbed our noses in it anyway. He had a World Cup and thought he was better than the team. In all honesty he should be in the Championship right now too.

As for Robbie. You are a top man! Good luck keeping Derby up and I hope you continue to wind referees up for a good few years yet! :rover:

I don't mind admitting I'm starting to lose a bit of faith in Hughes.

Good luck Robbie.

Such a silly thing to say imho. A bad run of form and suddenly you lose faith. Take a look at the team sheets now, and glance back at what he had at his disposal when he came. He's had almost no money at all, and yet he's managed to swap bad players for excellent ones. Rovers are progressing, not regressing if you look at the wider picture. The sale of Savage has come at the right time in my book. He's not been the same since he broke his leg against Watford, and we still get back almost half what we payed for him, at 33 years of age that's not bad. Sparky needs to take the team forward, and I believe Savage's time has come, we need someone with creativity and guile.

In my book, Hughes is still in the top 5 prem managers, we're extremely lucky to have him!

Good luck Robbie, he has not bad mouthed the club and has actually stated we "are a proper club". I hope this does not lead to a mass exodus as he had a major influence on some players at the club. No doubt certain players will be happy to see him go, just like Bellamy.

With Regards to LN, i could not give a ###### why he left - i clapped him when he came back (am i the only person) as he gave 110% every game except for the season he wanted to leave. West Ham fans love him now.

Who will replace Robbie? Also, how the hell have Derby got more money that us to spend???

I just have to laugh at a lot of you.

We're in the top half of the table, with damn near enough points to survive by Christmas, and the doom and gloom merchants are out. Yes, we've played appallingly recently, but against drossy teams we've won. In years gone by, we'd have crumbled- a la Coventry. I agree Hughes needs to sort it out if we're to make the Champions League!!!???!! LAt's not forget THAT'S what we can get upset about now. Not survival.

Just hope Roque and Bents aren't injured (cross fingers)

Have to say im gutted to see him go he was a quite high profile player for us and was good for us in the postion. Think its a bad move without anyone to replace him..wish we would have waited to we signed someone first. He was good in that position, think we'll miss that type of player a lot.

So who's on the cards to replace him? whos on the rumour mill?

All the best Sav – thanks for 3 years hard work! Im sure he will get a good reception when he returns.

Good deal for both parties involved. If we are to move to the next level then that was always one position that we needed to improve – so hopefully now that will happen. Please Hughes sign either Diarra or Huddleston.

Best of luck to Robbie, i'm sure he'll get a decent reception if/when he returns - until he start winding up our players - as only he can - then we'll probably hate him again! But he's a funny bloke by all accounts.

Such a silly thing to say imho. A bad run of form and suddenly you lose faith. Take a look at the team sheets now, and glance back at what he had at his disposal when he came. He's had almost no money at all, and yet he's managed to swap bad players for excellent ones. Rovers are progressing, not regressing if you look at the wider picture. The sale of Savage has come at the right time in my book. He's not been the same since he broke his leg against Watford, and we still get back almost half what we payed for him, at 33 years of age that's not bad. Sparky needs to take the team forward, and I believe Savage's time has come, we need someone with creativity and guile.

In my book, Hughes is still in the top 5 prem managers, we're extremely lucky to have him!

I havent lost faith. I said I was "starting" to lose "a bit" of faith.

I cannot support the selling of Savage - it just appears as though there has been a personality clash at some point, and that the sale may not have been for football reasons. It was the undoing of Souness, and with Sav, Roberts and Mokoena all asking to leave at the same time, it suggests something greater is afoot.

Archived