BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage - The Bad Apple

Roost

Not sure if anyone else saw it, but Tony Cottee on SSN said last night that he had spoken to Robbie yesterday on the phone and Rob had said that he wanted to move purely for footballing reasons and stressed it was ntohing to do with the money (in fact he hinted that he might get paid less).

Fair play to him, and I will clap him if/when he plays against us.

- Lucas Neill could take note...

80.000 notes to be precise.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lampard and Gerrard the two most gifted club midfielders? I think you have the England blinkers on. Not even the two best midfielders in the Premier League.

I thought it was obvious that I implicitly meant "English" when talking about England but ho hum. And like all opinions, subjective, but seemingly shared by a host of top managers. Anyway, the point was the original post was inherently wrong imho

Slight diversion, and I haven't read the match thread yet, but thought the much maligned Axe did a very decent job in his usual role last night. Might not have been against the strongest opposition but that's only a handful of teams in the League. Not saying we don't need a new DM but our existing 'second fiddle' there can do a fair job.

Sorry, not in my view he didn't, he was absolutely awful, and I doubt most Championship sides would give him a second glance.

Hughes has rightly judged Mokoena not to be good enough for a place in the first team ever since he's been here, now all of a sudden, he's a regular pick! It's quite bizarre.

We are going backwards.

Sorry, not in my view he didn't, he was absolutely awful, and I doubt most Championship sides would give him a second glance.

Hughes has rightly judged Mokoena not to be good enough for a place in the first team ever since he's been here, now all of a sudden, he's a regular pick! It's quite bizarre.

We are going backwards.

I very much echo those sentiments 'RevidgeBlue' and your not on your own but many are waiting hoping Hughes pulls something out of the transfer window and see how future results go.

But it is a time for concern.

We are going backwards.

For someone who isn't good enough for the first team, he's featured in a lot of games. Last year he was in 27 out of 38 Premiership matches! And he missed at least 3 of the others due to suspension.

Still let's not have facts that Hughes clearly does think he's an important member of the squad get in the way of a rant.

The Axe has a role to play, unfortunately that role isn't to stand holding hands with Tugay as we try to break down a bottom three side who have ten men behind the ball. This is down to Hughes' bad selection - he did exactly the same in the home game with Larissa, leaving one up front and Tugay and Mokoena patrolling the edge of our own area.

With regard to Savage, he has been a great servant and I will always love him, but I have always wondered how long he could go on with his high energy style of play, so I am quite happy for someone else to top up his pension.

A mate who works closely with one of the 1st team has said that Savage has been causing unrest among players who arent holding down 1st team places.

Good riddance i say.

He looked lost against the Arsenal kids.

A mate who works closely with one of the 1st team has said that Savage has been causing unrest among players who arent holding down 1st team places.

Good riddance i say.

He looked lost against the Arsenal kids.

This thread has now gone full circle - justifying why it was created in the first place!

Couldnt agree more Will re Arsenal - he was dreadful.

One Love - BRFC

This thread has now gone full circle - justifying why it was created in the first place!

Couldnt agree more Will re Arsenal - he was dreadful.

One Love - BRFC

I've been one of Savage's biggest supporters. Love his appetite etc....

Just felt he looked lost, as much as he tried , he could not compete with the kids.

He must have been seriously demoralised after the first half.

Good luck to him when he leaves, just a shame he will be leaving under a bit of a cloud.

A mate of mine who works at Ewood says that Hughes is actually really happy that Savage is being professional and encouraging the whole squad even though he's not playing. My mate has also got el mato in Spain who says that Ronaldinho is furious that Barcelona won't pick him but won't even consider giving him his dream to Blackburn.

Personally I'm always slightly sceptical until it's been on TribalFootball.com :rolleyes:

Just felt he looked lost, as much as he tried , he could not compete with the kids.

Good luck to him when he leaves, just a shame he will be leaving under a bit of a cloud.

Agree with everything you said (guess I'll have to get a new shirt now). I remember saying at the time that he couldn't handle the speed of the youngsters and looked lost. For his game to be successful he at least has to be able to get near players to disrupt them.

He was hardly on his own in chasing shadows first half and was instrumental in a stunning second half display from us, the best since very early season.

I just think that Hughes is desperate for cash and if Robbie gave some stink in the dressing room.... Maybe all this is about just that.

Has anyone heard any news re a bust up with Bently and Savage after the game today,a reliable source says it kicked off between them,I have always been a big fan of Sav but I think now is the right time for him and Roberts to leave both are a bad influence on the team...........

I do realize NOTW isnt the most reliable of sources, but they are saying that we may get Sidwell to replace Savage, dont think it will be a bad move :rolleyes:

Would be a good move I think, but it is unlikely to happen.

I do realize NOTW isnt the most reliable of sources, but they are saying that we may get Sidwell to replace Savage, dont think it will be a bad move :rolleyes:

lucas neil was a model professional for us. but he committed the ultimate sin in many eyes because he went to west ham for 80k per week.

nevermind that he still put in 100% effort each week before he left.

now savage is reported from many different people as being a major unrest in the dressing room - of actually causing many of the problems we see today. Yet people on here want to hail him as the 2nd coming because he might move for less cash....

crazy

Would be a good move I think, but it is unlikely to happen.

at least half the hysterical supporters on here, can breathe a sigh of relief that hughes is actually trying to take us to the next level.

how many times have i read...."why let savage go unless he has a replacement"

does anybody on here seriously think that hughes will intentionally make the squad worse?

keep the faith guys. we're going through a bad patch and there isnt anyone else i'd rather have at the helm...

Robbie Savage has served his time for us well, he was brought in to help us battle out of the lower reaches of the league, and no one can argue that he has battled. Saying that though, i don't think there is a place in the current team for him, if we are to move forward as a club. Steve Sidwell would be a great replacement, unfortunatly i don't see this happening.

Robbie Savage has served his time for us well, he was brought in to help us battle out of the lower reaches of the league, and no one can argue that he has battled. Saying that though, i don't think there is a place in the current team for him, if we are to move forward as a club. Steve Sidwell would be a great replacement, unfortunatly i don't see this happening.

I too think sidwell could be a tricky move with chelsea losing so many midfielders to the african nations, but if hughes can"t get him, i believe tha he will do everythng possible to get someone of similar quality....

Archived