• Betnley
    • Reid
    • Tugay
    • Pedersen
    • santa Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

Fantastic to see Pedersen on scoresheet again, hopefully is confidence will be right back where it used to be.

I can't believe how many decisions are going our way, is it Mike Riley? He must have some blue and white halves on under that shirt. Zurab really should have been sent off in the first half, Pedersen probably fouled Stalteri for the goal and Ooijer has just wrestled Johnson to the floor in the area.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fully deserved for not finishing off the game when we had the chance. We just fall asleep and don't have enough urgency.

Once again though I'm gonna point out that Roque does not do enough. He's good with headers, but Roberts is 10X more powerful, energetic and efficient on the ball.

This has banana skin written all over it. Could well be a no use to anybody 1-1 draw.

Jimmy Bullard is a player I admire a great deal and the indications are he might be getting back to his Wigan form. One to sign if Fulham do not get out of their current predicament.

Will be interesting to see if Woy injects any special bite into the Cottagers on his return to Ewood.

Oh dear!

Weather conditions didn't help but we were a bit too loose at the back all game with Khizi just not cut out to be a right back. If Eddie Johnson had any spine, we would have been dead long before MGP's wonderful header.

We were doing nicely from Riley's decisions until that ludicrous free kick against Samba- no way was that ever a free kick, it was a completely clean clearance.

I was very impressed by Derbyshire's ball control when he came on- it was superb.

Fulham look like they need to invest in some weights at their training ground. Very easily brushed off in close physical contact.

Our season is now effectively over. No cups to look forward to, nothing really to be achieved in the league. It is going to be a boring end to the season, not only because of that, but our play in general since October has been some of the least entertaining I have seen for a long while.

Oh my word people pull yourselves together. The season isnt over at all. I hope to god Mark Hughes and the boys dosent think like you lot. We are in a good position to finish in the european positions so dont start crying yet.

Yes, it would have been nice to beat a shocking fulham team but onwards we go.

Thought that free kick was harsh really, as did the commentary team. But as soon as Bullard stepped up to it, you kinda felt he would hit the back of the net. Typical really. We seemed to lack a fair bit of assertiveness and determination to go win the game (one player in my mind had that in abundance, Jason Roberts). Fulham looked like relegation candidates and really, we should have had the will to kill them off early but in reality we didn't really create that much.

Thought MGP was rubbish again in the first half and squandered some good opportunities with very poor crosses but he did redeem himself in the second half with some good work on and off the ball. Great goal too but lucky perhaps that it wasn't disallowed for the tussle with Stalteri (which I thought was nothing to make a fuss about - he went down way to easily). JASON Roberts deserves praise again, he wants it so much every time he comes on. Sure, he may not be as gifted technically as other players and his finishing may let him down somewhat, but he makes up for it with sheer bloodymindedness. Every time he gets on the ball he WANTS to come forward and make something happen. Compare to the talented but lethargic McCarthy...well...Case in point = Roberts breaking forward on a counter attack with Stalteri doing his best to pull him down, but he just kept running AND made the pass. Brilliant.

Shame about the result though, should have won that.

Another dire afternoon at Ewood - and this time we couldn't even get an undeserved win.

We managed a forty yard Tugay shot and a harmless Zurab header in the first half against an awful Fulham side. Pathetic.

The points total may say otherwise but this is the most forgetable season at Ewood in my 36 years going down.

MGP is man of the match.......I think that says it all really.

Off to bed now as I was too cold to sleep in the Riverside, in time for getting up to watch the cricket at 9.30pm.

I thought we ground out a result in difficult circumstances there....well before Riley gifted them a shot from the centre of goal 25 yards out. Prick. We've not been on form for a long while, but we've been getting enough results to keep Europe a possibility. Sadly we continue to play poorly, despite the effort, and the players refuse to click. I can't quite put my finger on why.

As for the man of the match performance, Stephen Warnock by a country mile, he was exceptional today.

Archived