BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johan Vogel

Just read this,and i think could be a decent move for us til the end of the season.if we can add to our squad with Vogel and maybe Fortune,then we can make a strong push for Europe.Vogel is a quality player,and wil offer us a bit more in that defensive midfield role than what the axe is doing.

Hi Bob.the LET is reporting that we have a star on trial.there are various other sources as wel.Vogel is a swiss player.he is 30 years old and has left Real Betis.so he is a free agent,and can slot straight away into our team.

I've read it on Dutch news-sites too. Rovers are planning to contract him for the rest of the season. He'll probably needs two weeks to gain some fitness. After that, it can go two ways: He can adapt fast and become extremely valuable or he proves to be too slow, too weak and too scared.

The time he played in Holland, he was fantastic, a great controller of the midfield at PSV Eindhoven. Don't expect him to give great impulse to the attack, but we have enough players for that (DB, MGP and DD). He's great for the balance in the team. I really hope he's still fit and in good physique, than we have a great great signing...

Fingers crossed!

A well known player. I remember afew years ago people raving about him. Wasnt Tugay around 30 when we signed him, got plenty of years from him! :D

However the source I saw it in was the not worth the paper its written on Sun.

If its going to take up to two weeks for Hughes to make a decision on Vogel like that article suggests, then i doubt he will feature at all this season if he does indeed sign.

MH on Radio Lancs today suggested that he was quite keen to sign such a talented player, available on a free and who hasn't played for 6 months because of politics at his previous club, especially for next season, but also possibly for this season, if he can indeed produce before the end of the season.

If its going to take up to two weeks for Hughes to make a decision on Vogel like that article suggests, then i doubt he will feature at all this season if he does indeed sign.

I imagine it will take him at least two weeks for him to train his fitness up anyway, and Hughes probably wants to wait til he has that before he decides. By that time he ought to be fit enough to be slowly introduced.

It's a bit worrying to read in the LT today that MH isn't going to rush into a decision on Fortune or Vogel and really if they are signed it will be part of next season's planning.

I would have thought that as squad cover until the end of the season they'd be fine but if that's as ambitious as we're going to set our sights for next year things will be a struggle.

It's a bit worrying to read in the LT today that MH isn't going to rush into a decision on Fortune or Vogel and really if they are signed it will be part of next season's planning.

I would have thought that as squad cover until the end of the season they'd be fine but if that's as ambitious as we're going to set our sights for next year things will be a struggle.

I would say thats true about Fortune but Vogel is such a high quality player, and plays in a position which does not depend so much on legs, that he could do a very decent job for us for two or three years.

The thing that concerns me most is that both of these players have had trials at Sunderland, and while there is nothing wrong with that, I just wonder why we were not in there first?? Surely we should be getting first choice on these sorts of players??

Seems a touch lazy from our scouts, just getting cast offs who are seemingly not good enough for teams way below us in the league??

The thing that concerns me most is that both of these players have had trials at Sunderland, and while there is nothing wrong with that, I just wonder why we were not in there first?? Surely we should be getting first choice on these sorts of players??

Seems a touch lazy from our scouts, just getting cast offs who are seemingly not good enough for teams way below us in the league??

Good shout you've got to ask why, and yes 'revidgeblue' has a good point too, 'thirty year old coffin dodgers' need not apply in my opinion.

We turned down the opportunity to sign Zidane because we had Tim Sherwood. Sometimes teams are just looking for certain types of players and obviously Keane & Sunderland didn't feel they best suited his squad.

We turned down the opportunity to sign Zidane because we had Tim Sherwood. Sometimes teams are just looking for certain types of players and obviously Keane & Sunderland didn't feel they best suited his squad.

From what I remember, Rovers never had the chance to sign Zidane.

We were supposedly linked with Zidane but at the time Jack put a temporary block on the funding, hence Ray's famous reply of 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.' It wasn't neccessarily because we had Tim Sherwood. We later, in panic mode, went on to shell out ludicrous amounts on the likes of Dailly and Blake etc. :brfc:

From what I remember, Rovers never had the chance to sign Zidane.

That is incorrect... The summer Shearer ended up leaving Zidane was the name constantly being linked with us.

Apparently the story goes that we wanted Dugarry but Bordeux would only negotiate if we took both but Harford didn't think we needed both.

Archived