• Roberts
    • Santa Cruz
    • Emerton
    • McCarthy

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do you wagster! You hated Savage with a passion. :rolleyes::lol:

btw if you think Roberts has done OK then what message are you sending out to him and the rest of the squad by dropping him for an unfit player? :blink:

:rover: i never liked savage the player,as a bloke he was ok.as for derbyshire i think he deserves a go just like roberts,why the management keep refusing to treat injured players is beyond me,i think derbyshire is a far better player than roberts and savage :brfcsmilie:

Derbyshire isnt playing much due to his injury, he also hasnt had the operation yet as it would rule him out and then if we got an injury to another player it could hurt us.

:rover: well that just shows how stupid the management are,if he is not playing due to injury why is he on the bench,injurys should be sorted out at once,what if his operation is not succesful in the summer and he misses the start off next season? :brfcsmilie:

:rover: well that just shows how stupid the management are,if he is not playing due to injury why is he on the bench,injurys should be sorted out at once,what if his operation is not succesful in the summer and he misses the start off next season? :brfcsmilie:

Totally agree on this - and never understand why they prolong treatment - surely it only aggravates the problem

I don't know what is worse. The quality of officiating or the quality of JAL's posts. Well I do, JAL isn't costing us a place in Europe.

We've had some very generous decisions go in our favour recently, decisions that have gained us points. We should have capitalised even more against Reading, but our ineptness didn't allow us to do it.

If we don't qualify for Europe it will be entirely our own doing, no-one else's.

Quite timely comment..... Savage played for quite a few matches until the end of the season with a groin strain that required surgery.

Just about every half-decent team plays with a defensive midfielder, home and away. It's a crucial role, especially in the Prem, where counter-attacking is the order of the day.

The DM should not only provide a shield in front of the back four, but ideally, he will prompt attacks with incisive passing.

But last week you said DM was a "truly undemanding role" and basically any idiot could play there.

I don't think you've got a clue what you're on about.

We've had some very generous decisions go in our favour recently, decisions that have gained us points.

Go on them I'm waiting because I can only remember 1 - then balance it up with what has gone against us

I'd heard of Vogel, however it appears your knowledge of football is rather minimal so I wouldn't have expected someone like yourself to have heard of him. Fact is he was an important part of what was one of the best teams in Europe at that particular time (PSV when they reached the CL Semis) and Milan must have seen something in him.

And comparing Tugay to Vogel at the 31 year old stage?! Once again if you missed it before, Tugay was 31 when he joined us!

So how many dominant seasons did PSV have in the champions league, how many and how long ago was it, that was then this is NOW, you seem knowledgeable about the past dear boy but i'm more concerned with the present and the future rather than what went on somewhere else sometime ago.

The generalised statement about Tugay versus Vogel was that i'd seen more skill and vision from the Turk in the first game i'd seen him play (coca cola cup midweek game at Ewood) than what i could take from Vogels first game.

Vogel looked small in stature, didnt have any pace, had the very basic ball skills that you'd expect from any professional footballer and if he had any visonary skills they were not evident on saturdays display, then again he seems to be catagorised as a defensive midfielder does this mean hes very limited when it comes to attacking. BRING ON THE AXE!

Please dont use the he hasnt played for ten months statement, Hughes picked him, obviously he was fit, he played the full game so hes upto speed what he showed didnt impress me how lucky PSV must have been in the past.

Please dont use the he hasnt played for ten months statement, Hughes picked him, obviously he was fit, he played the full game so hes upto speed what he showed didnt impress me how lucky PSV must have been in the past.

You can't get match fit without playing games - and reserve games just aren't the same. To suggest he's "upto speed" with the Premiership in his first game in 10 months in a new country in a new style of football is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

...and thats in a post that contains the words BRING ON THE AXE!!!

Go on them I'm waiting because I can only remember 1 - then balance it up with what has gone against us

Contentious? I've got to say that there do seem more occasions where we have benefitted this season than any other that I can re. Johnson goal disallowed v Everton, Brad pulling down Chopra in the area, disallowed goal at Chelsea, goal given at City, foul before Peds headed goal, dodgy Dunn Penalty. I'm sure there are lots more.

I know this is about luck but fortunate refereeing decsions must be included.

Anybody care to add to this

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...mp;hl=lady+luck

So how many dominant seasons did PSV have in the champions league, how many and how long ago was it, that was then this is NOW, you seem knowledgeable about the past dear boy but i'm more concerned with the present and the future rather than what went on somewhere else sometime ago.

The generalised statement about Tugay versus Vogel was that i'd seen more skill and vision from the Turk in the first game i'd seen him play (coca cola cup midweek game at Ewood) than what i could take from Vogels first game.

Vogel looked small in stature, didnt have any pace, had the very basic ball skills that you'd expect from any professional footballer and if he had any visonary skills they were not evident on saturdays display, then again he seems to be catagorised as a defensive midfielder does this mean hes very limited when it comes to attacking. BRING ON THE AXE!

For christs sake what is it you want? He was decent, not outstanding. Bentley when he first came into the team was poor, MGP, Reid. it seems to me you like to be miserable and have a good moan. We got him for free, he is not the star signing of the season. Give him a chance. He was not even amongst the four or five worst performers.

He is not a Tugay super skillful player but a tidy defensive midfielder with a good range of passing. He won't make the sort of silky turns you see Tugay pull off but he distributes the ball very well and protects the defence. It is a bit harsh to give him a kicking becuase he does not have the skill and flair to compare with the best central midfielder to have played for Rovers in the last 30 years.

I just can't understand this because he played fine ?!??!?

Contentious? I've got to say that there do seem more occasions where we have benefitted this season than any other that I can re. Johnson goal disallowed v Everton, Brad pulling down Chopra in the area, disallowed goal at Chelsea, goal given at City, foul before Peds headed goal, dodgy Dunn Penalty. I'm sure there are lots more.

Im with the Drog on this one. We have definately had more decisions go our way than against us this season.

had the very basic ball skills that you'd expect from any professional footballer

Please dont use the he hasnt played for ten months statement, Hughes picked him, obviously he was fit, he played the full game so hes upto speed

Shame Mokoena hasn't got them!

It is a statement that has to be taken into account. You didn't expect Reid to walk into the team and be on top form again and you can't expect it from any player. They have to play games and play themselves into form. I think the fact that he was picked so early on shows how little regard Mokoena is in and rightly so. Playing a full game shows he has the fitness levels, not that he is up to speed, that will come with time and games and probably a good pre-season run through.

Vogel won't be a world beater but he's a free transfer and looks like he could be a good one at that. IMO he looks a decent premiership player, something i can't say for Aaron Mokoena unfortunately.

Not referring to the luck or rub of the green Theno ... as I totally agree to that aspect - moreso the decisions of what does and doesnt' go for us and has normally resulted in a goal against or rendered us ineffective ie man sent off as these decisions certainly do not balance up in my book.

I agree that we have had our fair share of luck and advantagous decisions this season. The funniest set of posts were the ones moaning about Fulham's last minute equaliser forgetting games at Spurs, Bolton and Newcastle which we won deep into added time.

Always interesting to read the opposition's take on the game. This one is particularly one-eyed. Good to read we out-fouled Spuds- first game we have committed more fouls than the opposition since City at home back in September.

For christs sake what is it you want? He was decent, not outstanding. Bentley when he first came into the team was poor, MGP, Reid. it seems to me you like to be miserable and have a good moan. We got him for free, he is not the star signing of the season. Give him a chance. He was not even amongst the four or five worst performers.

He is not a Tugay super skillful player but a tidy defensive midfielder with a good range of passing. He won't make the sort of silky turns you see Tugay pull off but he distributes the ball very well and protects the defence. It is a bit harsh to give him a kicking becuase he does not have the skill and flair to compare with the best central midfielder to have played for Rovers in the last 30 years.

I just can't understand this because he played fine ?!??!?

If, hopefully nobody replies again, then i'll move on and let it be and then hopefully we all can move on.I hope Vogel does prove to be as good as some say he is.

On Bentley, I will say that when everyone was questioning David Bentley in his early days page 1 on Bentley your views i stood up for the lad and said would come good just give him time, time for me is past Vogel.

Anyway i'll still be supporting whoever puts on the blue and white shirt Johann Vogel included and Dunny.

Archived