BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock For England

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£1.5m I think. Financed by selling Lucas Neill, with 6 months left on his contract, to West Ham for the same amount. Now I always rated Lucas and don't hold a grudge against him, but that was a great deal for us.

Ripley for England? Got injured in the warm up or something cant remember that clearly.

He ran down the right wing, put in a cracker of a cross, hit by the striker off the bar.

Rippers then pulled up with a hamstring 30 seconds later.

Remember like it was yesterday.

He ran down the right wing, put in a cracker of a cross, hit by the striker off the bar.

Rippers then pulled up with a hamstring 30 seconds later.

Remember like it was yesterday.

he had been absolutely on fire for us that season. on fire, that is, until that point. <_<

Hang on, I am really struggling with this one.

We are talking Newcastle nobody calls them United- the lot in the silly zebra stripes who every year chuck £6m+ away several times to buy utter dross- its that lot yes?

Have offered £3m for a full back who has just won his first full England cap????

Quick, tell John Williams to hold the chequebook on Castillo and Andrews, Rafa will probably accept £8m for Torres.

I have got to say I have been really impressed with Warnocks comments since Incey came in. He has been a model professional, stating that he joined for Hughesy but has said he has no desire to leave the club. Unlike a certain number 11 who has come out stating this and that without actually thinking. Also heads up to Santa who has been honest but still said he would be happy to stay.

The article went on to say that Newcastle will come in later with a bigger bid! Cant wait to get the season underway when we will know who is playing for us!! I will still stick my neck out and say that by the Everton kickoff noone will have left us and 3 will have arrived....! :blink::rock:

The article went on to say that Newcastle will come in later with a bigger bid! Cant wait to get the season underway when we will know who is playing for us!! I will still stick my neck out and say that by the Everton kickoff noone will have left us and 3 will have arrived....! :blink::rock:

But there's still 2 weeks after that for them to leave us and that would be even worse. If they are going I'd rather it was now.

If Rovers received an offer of around £6-7m for Warnock i'd snap their hands off, but only if we had a better alternative lined up, Olsson though doesnt look that bad but he is untried.

I say bring it on geordies put your money were your mouth is, though i cant really see Newcastle spending £6-7m on a player whilst Ashley is in charge .

Newcastle is a graveyard for defenders. Plenty of defenders come there highly rated, only to have their careers ruined. No idea how that happens really, as it's been the same under several managers.

Now there are some exceptions; Philipe Albert chief amongst them. OK, so it's only because of that goal, but it was so brilliant, especially for a defender, that I can ignore any downsides of him. Such as playing for Newcastle.

How big we talking? I have heard 6-7 million we talking bigger?

I think Warnock is certainly interested in coming.

I'm not sure if Warnock wants to keep his England place he should really be going to Newcastle. Its a career graveyard. YOu consistently go out and spend 20m a season on quality players and turn them into absolute piles of pish.

Look at Scott Parker, Dyer, Duff, Butt, Alan Smith, Boumsong, Owen. Tragic.

It would be career suicide. If you can offer him a massive salary I am sure he would consider it, but realistically he has to know it is not really a career move that is likely to improve his game. A reasoned bit of specualtion is that it would equate to him being castigated for a couple of mistakes, regularly getting injured and ultimately leaving for about a million quid to Wigan or something a shadow of his former self.

I'm not sure if Warnock wants to keep his England place he should really be going to Newcastle. Its a career graveyard. YOu consistently go out and spend 20m a season on quality players and turn them into absolute piles of pish.

Look at Scott Parker, Dyer, Duff, Butt, Alan Smith, Boumsong, Owen. Tragic.

It would be career suicide. If you can offer him a massive salary I am sure he would consider it, but realistically he has to know it is not really a career move that is likely to improve his game. A reasoned bit of specualtion is that it would equate to him being castigated for a couple of mistakes, regularly getting injured and ultimately leaving for about a million quid to Wigan or something a shadow of his former self.

They're not offering big salaries any more anyway. they're on a cost cutting exercise because they were worse off than ashley realised when he took them over and they are looking for huge amounts of investment at a time when money, apart from for a few clubs, seems to be getting increasingly tight.

Archived