BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Poll.

Allardyce as manager?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've voted yes, but the poll is a bit too simple to reflect my true feelings.

He isn't my first choice and I hope we look at other options first, but I wouldn't be unhappy if were to be appointed.

I've voted yes, but the poll is a bit too simple to reflect my true feelings.

He isn't my first choice and I hope we look at other options first, but I wouldn't be unhappy if were to be appointed.

True feelings?

I wondered about adding a "well I might if there's no-one else", or a "I'd like to put my opinion forward after the manager has been appointed" options.

It really is as simple, at this stage, as "WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF ROVERS APPOINTED ALLARDYCE" - yes or no. No sitting on the fence really Eddie.

but I wouldn't be unhappy if were to be appointed.

What are you on?

That means you would be happy with him as manager, so the simple answer to the question would be "yes", you can select that as one of the voting choices.

Bl00dy, trust a communist to make voting complicated.

And we won't even mention the implications of you voting yes.

Voted yes.

Bilic would be my first choice, though.

The club needs stability in the premiership, which I think is something BFS could give us. Would be a smaller risk than an unproven young manager / foreign manager with no premiership experience.

If we drop into the Championship, it may well be a long, long time befire we get back (if ever).

It's too late now but if I had thought at the time that Fat Sam was to be manager I would not have renewed my season ticket and if we play his type of football next season I will certainly not renew next year.

This is after 60 years of supporting Rovers. :angry:

Too simplistic but the more I think of it the more confident I will be of "success" with him rather than someone inexperienced such as Ince, or someone with no charisma like Jewell or McLaren.

Lets be honest also last season how often did we witness DIRE FOOTBALL. Maybe it wasnt always long-ball football but it was dire and poor quite alot and we did play lots of long balls too on many occassions.

Voted yes on balance for a number of reasons. It was clinched by this-

I asked myself, would BFS keep Rovers in the Premier League long term?

Then, are there many other candidates I'd feel so confident about doing that?

BFS for Rovers manager.....don't be serious, this bloke is a joke......if we go for him it would be the start of a downturn in our fortunes and some dreadful football; mind you we dished up garbage for the majority of last season with Hughes.

We are going to face a difficult few weeks with Bents, Santa and a few others being lured away by Hughes.

If BFS comes i'll loose interest straight away; can I get a refund on my ST's?

No to Allardyce!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike some people on here, I can't separate my principles from my support of the Rovers.

I'm just crossing my fingers that John Williams is as shrewd a judge of character as I think he is.

Archived