BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't East Hull the sea? Is she a mermaid? :lol::P

East Hull and West Hull... Hull is divided by...... the river Hull ;) Hence the full name, Kingston-Upon-Hull.

which is the reason for the fierce rivalry in the rugby between FC (west) and KR (east).

Nicko, Duffen just confirmed Campbell HAS gone to Spurs... you told me all week he wouldn't go there! :(

Have Hull got a back-up lined up? I've heard Makukula and rumour doing the rounds is Niang from Marseille.

This is a waste of time - we've known we'd need a right winger since Bentley demanded to leave, which by my reckoning was at least 2 and a half months ago. If we were going to get someone decent it would have been done by now.

I just get the feeling the board aren't letting Pince have the net profit we've made this summer - maybe to attract prospective buyers?

Beeb at it again -

2236: Breaking news which might not be true but is still awesome: Dimitar Berbatov is on his way to Manchester United. Apparently, I've heard from a source (oh come on), United have now matched Man City's bid, throwing in Frazier Campbell as part of the deal. Now that, true or not, is breaking news.

All this "lets not panic buy" stuff is complete folly.

But it is a different soundbite to alternate with our other old favourite:

"We're keeping our powder dry!"

Very very very disappointed if it turns out we've sold Bentley and not brought anyone else in to replace him. That scenario never even occurred to me when we sold Bentley.

All this stuff about waiting until January until prices are cheaper is complete horlicks as well. Imo it is even more of a sellers market and prices are even dafter then as teams at both ends of the table get increasingly desperate.

Surprised we did not at least bring a loan signing in for the right midfield. As we know, our current options out there are not great.

It seems like there was not enough time to work out who we wanted in the end.......very much a safety first approach.

Very very very disappointed if it turns out we've sold Bentley and not brought anyone else in to replace him. That scenario never even occurred to me when we sold Bentley.

Same. I would have never have backed the decision to sell Bentley if i had known that we weren't going to bring in a suitable replacement.

I know a lot of fans are going to post some stick about Ince, but keep in mind it might be the board or trust who are holding back funds here. With us looking at several “free agent status” players and looking at loan deals i've had the feeling that the Bentley money has disappeared and that we never had anywhere near the amount of money to spend as we were led to believe.

Nicko, Duffen just confirmed Campbell HAS gone to Spurs... you told me all week he wouldn't go there! :(

If Duffen spent more time doing deals and less gibbering to the local media he might not have a problem with relegation.

Spurs are sniffing round Campbell as we speak - but he is in Wigan while this is going on.

I find it hard to believe Spurs would take him as a makeweight in a deal - and issue - as big as this.

Campbell isn't much good. Why don't people see that?

"Go to bed folks, nothing doing here, we tried, but it wasn't to be."---from Lee on official board

I'm totally disappointed that we haven't signed anyone to play on the right, like someone else said we've had 6 months to find someone and had the money for it. Looks like we're stuck with Reid or Emerton on the right neither of which have creativity or skills to beat a man. Derbs has played there but looks out of position. I'd play judge there or change formation to fit in villaneuva otherwise we have zero creativity.

you've been in the pub since the 21st August? and i thought i liked a drink!!

OK, maybe it was page 171... but I sort of have been drinking since then... Leeds festival, then Huddersfield pubs, then Hull pubs, then cousin's stag 'do... then pub tonight, havn't really stopped since then!

maybe Man City bidding for everyone is all a big drunken blur and Rovers have signed Joaquin and Campbell isn't going to Spuds or Wigan! :lol:

When RSC talked about signing his extended contract he talked about repaying the club and that he was happy here, however he reiterated how ambitous he was and that he wanted the club to match that ambition - so what do rovers do? leave the biggest hole in the squad vacant!

I know doing deals for the players you want ain't easy, but......

So I "look fwd" to RSC being next years David Bentley - off to a club that shows ambition

Trying just isnt good enough!

Out of their depth in the transfer market...........again!

This is exactly the same as January!Lack of signings then cost us a european place!

God knows what it will cost us this time!

Robinson

Grella

Villanueva

Andrews

Bunn

J Santa Cruz

Simpson

Fowler???????

Sorry I know people will disagree but these signings just arent

good enough collectively!We've been out done by near enough

everyone apart from Everton in the Market! Weve bought players we just dont need!

What is everyone obsession with right wing ?

Last year we had a weak centre-mid, but strong right wing. This year - centre mid is looking far stronger - and Reid only offer a workmanlike alternative. BUT - we have the huge potential of King Carlos - and at last we have a left winger who looks ready to challenge MGP for the left wing spot. So overall I would say we are still slightly stronger.

Unless we were going to get an improvment on Reid or Emerton - what is the point of wasting money ?

Though you wouldn't think so - Britain is on the verge of a recession - it will hit football clubs at some point ! The liklihood is that it will hit clubs in already poor areas (i.e. Rovers) the hardest. I'm not saying don't spend the money - but we have to spend wisely - if that the ideal player isn't currently available, why throw money away just to appease fans hungry for a so-called "big name" signing ?

If Duffen spent more time doing deals and less gibbering to the local media he might not have a problem with relegation.

Spurs are sniffing round Campbell as we speak - but he is in Wigan while this is going on.

I find it hard to believe Spurs would take him as a makeweight in a deal - and issue - as big as this.

Campbell isn't much good. Why don't people see that?

Well thats what he's told the Hull Daily Mail, but he's told SSN that he's still waiting to hear from Man Utd :wacko:

He does like to gab a lot, but he made his money in the media business, so knows how to get Hull City some publicity.

...so, anyone else lined up as a Campbell replacement?

Archived