BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sparky - Not A Great Manager?

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a thought: Maybe a number of people were not willing to give Ince a chance to prove himself before criticising him and every action he takes, and want him to fail just so they can smugly say I told you so.

what a load of rubbish.. so here on a brfc forum, your conspiracy theory are, that some rovers fans, wants ince to fail, so they could say, see i was right.. thats just bullshit..

everyone here wants ince to succeed, you know why?? because that equals brfc succes..

you cant fault people for disliking his choices, disliking his tactics etc, because thats a matter of perspective and as such, up for debate.

but stating such childish insults and conspiracy theories, are just plain out stupid..

but hey lets play the devils advocate here, lets say ince was ahuge succes, would it be okay to gloat by a "PRO-ince" member on this board.. would it be okay to say, see i told you so, i knew ince was the right choice.?

For everyone saying the cynics don't care about the club, we could say you don't care about blindly following the club into relegation. You're just defending Ince and co and spouting the joys of optimism because it allows you to stand on your soapbox.

I'm not saying that's the case, but all your personal insults work both ways.

what a load of rubbish.. so here on a brfc forum, your conspiracy theory are, that some rovers fans, wants ince to fail, so they could say, see i was right.. thats just bullshit..

everyone here wants ince to succeed, you know why?? because that equals brfc succes..

you cant fault people for disliking his choices, disliking his tactics etc, because thats a matter of perspective and as such, up for debate.

but stating such childish insults and conspiracy theories, are just plain out stupid..

but hey lets play the devils advocate here, lets say ince was ahuge succes, would it be okay to gloat by a "PRO-ince" member on this board.. would it be okay to say, see i told you so, i knew ince was the right choice.?

I can see what you are trying to say and I have not got an issue with people questioning tactics, signings etc, because that is something all managers should be judged on, BUT, if you go to the Ince thread you will see criticism ranging from choice of suit to team spirit eminating from stories in the Daily Mail, should Ince or the team have to put up with this, no IMO and that is what I have an issue with.

I can see what you are trying to say and I have not got an issue with people questioning tactics, signings etc, because that is something all managers should be judged on, BUT, if you go to the Ince thread you will see criticism ranging from choice of suit to team spirit eminating from stories in the Daily Mail, should Ince or the team have to put up with this, no IMO and that is what I have an issue with.

thats fine by me, i really dont care, whether people are pro or con, when it comes to ince..

ive seen the ince thread, and yes there is criticism, but when you choose to engage in debating your beloved club, then you should be prepared to opposing views mate.. some stories are right, some are wrong, at the end of the day,we only have "an idea" of whats going on..

my view is, pardon my french B) ,that i couldnt give a ######, about dressing room atmosphere, how stupid ince sounds in interviews, if he wears panties or whatever,all i care about is the results..

besides that i just cant stand, to hear such stupidity, when someone says, ""you just want ince to fail, so you can be right", well thats just taking a ###### in a fellow fans face, nothing short of braindead.. no if´s or but´s ..!

but perhaps you could answer the question, would it be okay to gloat, say i told you so, i was right, if ince was a succes..?

to me this smells of situation, where doublestandards is okay.

I appreciate what you're saying, but at the same time I really do worry about the judgement of our manager when he comes out with stuff like this:

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4534471,00.html

Not a wise thing to say either way, couldn't he have just been diplomatic - but especially considering the position he finds himself in with Rovers.

Here's a thought: Maybe a number of people were not willing to give Ince a chance to prove himself before criticising him and every action he takes, and want him to fail just so they can smugly say I told you so.

Dont talk rubbish, we all care about Rovers and it gives us no satisfaction whatsoever to have to post something repeatedly negative about Rovers, far from it.

You don't have to post at all. If it gives you no satisfaction you could give it a rest

Then, if John Williams DOES come on here, the happy clappys amongst you might convince him to keep Ince on because he thinks Ince has the approval of the fans. He has the support of the fans, but not necessary the approval.

Would I like us to be doing well, YES. Do in any way think Ince is the man to provide that success, NO. Do I therefore think it would be better for him to be gone when there is still a chance to save the season- YES.

Does that mean I want us to lose- NO. Does that mean I expect us to lose- YES. I'll still be there tomorrow with fingers and toes crossed that we perform a little better.

I appreciate what you're saying, but at the same time I really do worry about the judgement of our manager when he comes out with stuff like this:

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4534471,00.html

Not a wise thing to say either way, couldn't he have just been diplomatic - but especially considering the position he finds himself in with Rovers.

Ince was being very honest and open about what he thinks about the situation- which I agree with, however the timing of the comments could be construed as ill advised but I suppose that largley depends on the result tomorrow.

Then, if John Williams DOES come on here, the happy clappys amongst you might convince him to keep Ince on because he thinks Ince has the approval of the fans. He has the support of the fans, but not necessary the approval.

Would I like us to be doing well, YES. Do in any way think Ince is the man to provide that success, NO. Do I therefore think it would be better for him to be gone when there is still a chance to save the season- YES.

Does that mean I want us to lose- NO. Does that mean I expect us to lose- YES. I'll still be there tomorrow with fingers and toes crossed that we perform a little better.

If John Williams comes on here as some sort of barometer of fan opinion then we really are knackered. I shudder to think if that is the case. Maybe a poll or two might give some sort of snapshot of what the fans are thinking but other than that you've probably got 25 or so people making the same point over and over again.

I'll post something similar to the above in a couple of hours. Just in case.

Very public spirited of you Jan. After all, it's not as though he gets paid a quarter of a million a year to make his own mind up about the manager he appointed. Pity you couldn't have got the message to him before contracts were signed, although some did try.

If John Williams comes on here as some sort of barometer of fan opinion then we really are knackered.

I'll post something similar to the above in a couple of hours. Just in case.

Get a move on Bob, 3.5 hours and we're still bloody waiting ;) . By the way, dead right.

Ince was being very honest and open about what he thinks about the situation- which I agree with, however the timing of the comments could be construed as ill advised but I suppose that largley depends on the result tomorrow.

Imy,

The one thing that Ince has not learned about the press is when to keep his mouth closed. Spurs are fired up at present and hardly needed further encouragement from their next opponents manage blaming them for a 'good manage' getting the sack.

All he had to say is 'I don't know what went on there but something was not right.' and leave it at that.

notw reporting says city after john terry....................................FOR £60,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: The King is dead! Long live the king! or 'Do unto others as you would have others do to you'! :lol:

This monumental stupidity is so funny when remembering the bullying Alpha male posturing employed by Abromovich and used to display his wealth in Chelsea's pursuit of the likes of Gerrard / Cole / Kenyon etc etc.

I just dont see Mark Hughes being able to manage such superstars !

I think the backers are buying in preperation for Jose Mourinho.

Ditto. Buffon and Terry? It's certainly got Maureens stamp on it. Sounds like he's writing the shopping list for the Ayrabs already. Hughes might well end up at SJP yet.

I don't know if this important question has been raised before but, what has happened to Mark Hughes' love for all things taffy?

They need a loan keeper, apparently. Why is Mark Hughes not hiring a superagent to prise Jason Brown out of our dead, cold fingers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hughes must find it annoying reading Robinho suggesting they sign 20 Brazilian mates to the press every day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he has been OK, Elano hasn't played whilst Jo has not done much.

As for small time Citeh. It is true. Any club that only wants to beat the big rivals, and does not focus on winning trophies is a small time club with a small time mentality. A bit like the SNP really.

Archived