BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sparky - Not A Great Manager?

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance of this. Hughes would be committing career suicide if he went for Samba and Bentley in this window - turning to the comfort blanket of his old Rovers players.

It is pretty astonishing though, as the Guardian pointed out, that a man who signed Chris Samba for £400k paid £24M for Joleon Lescott.

See my sig.

A worse case is that a man who signed two dodgy knees for 3.5m then goes and pays 17m for em!

I am hearing rumours that sparky maybe on his way out? That Hiddink turned them down last week as well?

WTF are you thinking Man City????????? (that Cooke chap is the one you want to sack he's ruining the club!!!)

2 defeats all season in the league, unbeaten at home. They may have drawn a lot of games but as soon as they click properly (there's been serious changes to team personnel) I believe they will do well. Its absolute madness as always from idiots who think rome can be built in a day?

Breaking the top four, who have had stability and consistency in most areas for years will not happen in one year. If they sack Hughes, I truely hope it bites them in the ass badly.

I agree Majiball.

Kenny at Rovers and Mourinho at Chelsea did achieve immediate results but they had owners (Jack) and organisations (Chelsea) respectively geared for success.

Hughes has neither at City. Chucking money into it is not the recipe for success on its own that Abu Dhabi and Thaksin thought it was.

Gary Cook and most of the other back room management at City are bad news for City but their carrying on is also very bad news for football in general. They damage every transfer window and will undoubtedly damage this one as well, especially if they fire Hughes and give the new guy a wheel barrow full of cash and less than two weeks to assess the squad he is taking on before the window opens with just six weeks until it closes.

Hughes has done well, I think the multitude of draws shows he's bought the right players and built the right team, but they're lacking that little bit extra to take the edge in exams. They lost 3-0 to Spurs, but they beat Arsenal 3-0 the week before as well.

I think it doesn't help that Spurs and Villa have been strengthened and are now doing all they can to push for that top four. The league is much tougher this season.

• Backroom

I think most City fans would want him out, he's spent massive amounts of cash and so far hasn't achieved that much.

Having said that I think they'll win the Carling Cup which at least would bring them a trophy for once.

I think most City fans would want him out, he's spent massive amounts of cash and so far hasn't achieved that much.

Having said that I think they'll win the Carling Cup which at least would bring them a trophy for once.

Sorry. The Rovers will be winning the Carling Cup. I've dreamed about it and asked Santa for it as a present, so it must be true. :xmas:

Mancini reportedly seen at the game, really classy move by City... :wacko:

If Hughes goes i won't feel sorry for him, he will get a nice payoff and will probably be swooped up by another club in the league sometime in the near future. He pretty much lost the respect i had for him when he was pimping himself to Newcastle, the condoning of Adebyaor's stamp and the unsettling of players in the media.

rafa is so lucky liverpool are skint so they can't afford to sack the useless git.......fairplay to city some of hughes signings have been crap lescott bridge santa sylvinho?....plus from a team spirit point of view you'd never sign adebayor or robinho but i guess he did'nt sign robinho

Archived