BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup Qualifiers 2010

philipl

brazil looked woeful last night...you should of heard the boos....0-0 and it was probably one of the most boring games ive ever seen.The only thing that made me laugh was the commentator who said"maddonna is the next gig here and you thought dunga had problems".....532 mins since colombia scored in a wc qualifier sums it up.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Credit to Fabio (and no, I don't mean the 80s Robbie Savage lookalike) - tonight's was a game we'd normally have slipped up with.

Above anything, he's proved one thing - the 'pundits', even the Henry Winters of the world, know nowt. That's the problem with nailing your colours to the mast I guess, it doesn't allow for any future improvement. Would be nice if the same thing could happen to the Ince naysayers.

I bet those same ____s at The Sun and the rest are declaring Capello a living God after starting to mutter that he should be sacked after the friendlies. I hope all the pillocks who only want an English manager are enjoying it to. People like that tit who dresses up as John Bull with a sign saying it should be Terry Vegetables or some other over rated has been or never will.

England don't deserve this run of results, and normal service will be resumed in South Africa when we lose in the 1/4 finals again.

I see John Williams has called for midweek Internationals to be moved to Tuesdays to get over the problem of players not being able to get back to their club until Friday morning- seems a sensible idea.

Quite a few players have come back cropped from the internationals. Liverpool are whingeing about Torres and Babbel but Man City's Petrov seems to have serious knee ligament damage and could be out for the season.

Sparky to make a move for MGP in January?

• 3 months later...

I'm watching Wales v Poland and for some reason they are playing in Portugal.

There can't be no more than 100 people there and that's including the players on the pitch, subs, coaching staff, fans, ref's and officials.

Only 15 minutes gone and it's got 0-0 written all over it. A very young Welsh side are playing like veterans at walking pace, just knocking it about at the back in the warm sunshine.

Bellamy, Vokes and Evans are standing up front and look more interested in getting a tan rather than making a run and breaking into a sweat!

Didn't see the England game but instead watched USA v Mexico ... whilst I thought Mexico were pretty average the man Bradley in the centre midfield aside from 2 goals had a great little game - good engine / broke the play and played some pretty effective defence spliting passes. Could certainly be an asset to our centre midfield.

• 1 month later...

England 1-0 up in 7 mins, although now having a striker crisis, Heskey has gone off and his replacement Carlton Cole has also gone off to be replaced by Crouch.

Slovakia didn't turn up for the first 15 mins, they have come back into it but you would think England should win this.

Archived