BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loony Toons: Newcastle Preview

Rovers are a dead cert for a loss. The same thing happens every season - the team comes up against either a team or a player in desperate need of a good result. No matter how bad the opposing team's present form is, we contrive to lose. It's destiny.

Newcastle win 2-1.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to Newcastle for the 1st time on Saturday, one of those places I've always wanted to go but never had the chance to.

We have a good record there and with them struggling at the moment the points are ours for the taking. However as people have mentioned, this is exactly the sort of game were we usually slip up. However I wasn't confident when going to Goodison, but we all know how that turned out.

I'd be happy for us to concentrate on defence like we did against Fulham, because I feel confident that we can score against the Geordies without needing to go all out attack. My main concern though is that if they score 1st, it will lift their morale and the atmosphere and our heads may well drop.

Either way though, we go into this game with a lot more confidence than this time last week.

I've been a few times and have vowed to never go again in my own vehicle. Last time we went they won by a fair old margin. The fans then proceeded to try to smash my windows and rip anything off the car they could including my mirrors. Fortunately, my car was well built and didn't suffer much damage. Our crime? We got stuck in traffic coming out of a car park. We got away before they could properly go to town as the traffic cleared. Lucky really.

I have no time for Geordie fans for this very reason.

Just 19,700 on St James's Park tonight for NUFC v Spurs to watch two of the biggest clubs in the land.

Dont matter who you are when you are losing... even the 'best supporters in the land' still disappear faster than rats leaving a sinking ship.

A bit like when Man U played Wimbledon around 1990 and they had 16,000 on for a league game!

Team for Saturday?

---------------------------Cruz

--------------------------Carlos

Treacy----Warnock-----Andrews----Emerton

---Olsson----Samba-----Nelsen---Simpson

-----------------------Robinson?

Although seeing as Roberts was rested against Everton I could see him coming back in for Carlos.

Swap Samba and Nelsen for Zurab and Andre, and that would probably be my team. I'd be tempted to put Carlos on the right, give him a bit of freedom to roam, and swap Emo or Warnock for Derbyshire. It would be a sort of 4-3-1-2.

Swap Samba and Nelsen for Zurab and Andre, and that would probably be my team. I'd be tempted to put Carlos on the right, give him a bit of freedom to roam, and swap Emo or Warnock for Derbyshire. It would be a sort of 4-3-1-2.

Derbyshire showed last night that he isnt up to it yet as 1st choice and it would be criminal to drop Stevie after last night. Also Emerton is our hardest working player so again not derbyshire over him. Derbs is still better as an impact player, last night showed that.

my team against newcastle would be something like

........................robinson............................

simpson........samba.....nelsen.....warnock.......

villaneuva.......emerton...andrews...olsson..

..................roberts.....santa cruz.............

if robinson isnt fit i would like to see mark bunn play-im not confident with jason brown..

after his performance last night i feel olsson deserves a start aswell..

villaneuva did well on the wing yesterday-tracked back so maybe he could start right wing..

my team against newcastle would be something like

........................robinson............................

simpson........samba.....nelsen.....warnock.......

villaneuva.......emerton...andrews...olsson..

..................roberts.....santa cruz.............

if robinson isnt fit i would like to see mark bunn play-im not confident with jason brown..

after his performance last night i feel olsson deserves a start aswell..

villaneuva did well on the wing yesterday-tracked back so maybe he could start right wing..

My team against Newcastle would be something like

goalkeeper

ten outfield players

seven subs

hope for no red cards.

After last night's super show, all we can say is that Dunn, Grella and Judge won't be playing on Saturday.

Venables is screwing Ashley around- predictably. BBC reporting talks are close to break-down, probably some improbable sum per game in charge.

Lawro also a bit loopy in saying Fulham were unlucky to get a result at Ewood last week whilst tipping a 1-1 draw at St James's which isn't a bad call actually.

Just been on the terrestrial news he didn't want a match by match contract.

I was hoping they wouldn't have a new boss in place before the game so we wouldn't be hit by the temporary "New manager effect"

That said, with our record of helping out teams in distress out over the years, we'll probably still gift them three points!

HE HAS TURNED THEM DOWN :P

Haha you have got to love em', first they say (by way of big banners) 'cockney mafia ooot' and then the board are going trying to get a southern boy to manage them :lol: Come on Rovers we HAVE to beat this shambles!

And after a 2-0 win Roversmum.

Glenn Hoddle is said not to want to be caretaker, and is concentrating on his academy in Spain. So that leaves Mickey Adams, Peter Reid (if he isn't in Thailand yet), John Gregory and Billy Davies as the only people desperate enough to take over on a match by match basis. Just a shame Howard Wilkinson has retired to the LMA.

No decent manager will half a clue would touch the job right now.

Archived