BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Boo Boy Thing....

As the topic says,does anybody here boo at Rovers games and if so why?

I would be interested in why fans do this and often wonder whether it is just out of habit with some people.

Every week now since the beginning of last season,i have been unfortunate enough to sit next to a Father and Son combo who never cheer the team when they are doing well,but are very quick to boo them when things are going wrong.Tbh i`m not sure why they even bother going.As usual on Saturday they started the booing so i told them if they didn`t like it to go over to the dingledome then they would have something to boo about.I`m sure other people in the BBE lower know who i`m talking about as they sit on row 12 in the late 20`s.

I struggle to understand why people boo the team that they claim to support and love.I have never known a player to respond positively on the pitch after being booed by their own fans.As much as i don`t think he is good enough for the prem,even poor Keith Andrews copped for it on Saturday when he came on as a sub.

I`m proud to say i have been watching Rovers for nearly 34 years now and have NEVER once booed the team or manager.Whether it`s because i have been around long enough to have seen the bad times and appreciate the good times such as now a bit more than perhaps the younger fans,i don`t know.But i must say i am getting really fed up of these 2 numpties and i think it will be only a matter of time before i fall out with them! <_<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the topic says,does anybody here boo at Rovers games and if so why?

I would be interested in why fans do this and often wonder whether it is just out of habit with some people.

Every week now since the beginning of last season,i have been unfortunate enough to sit next to a Father and Son combo who never cheer the team when they are doing well,but are very quick to boo them when things are going wrong.Tbh i`m not sure why they even bother going.As usual on Saturday they started the booing so i told them if they didn`t like it to go over to the dingledome then they would have something to boo about.I`m sure other people in the BBE lower know who i`m talking about as they sit on row 12 in the late 20`s.

I struggle to understand why people boo the team that they claim to support and love.I have never known a player to respond positively on the pitch after being booed by their own fans.As much as i don`t think he is good enough for the prem,even poor Keith Andrews copped for it on Saturday when he came on as a sub.

I`m proud to say i have been watching Rovers for nearly 34 years now and have NEVER once booed the team or manager.Whether it`s because i have been around long enough to have seen the bad times and appreciate the good times such as now a bit more than perhaps the younger fans,i don`t know.But i must say i am getting really fed up of these 2 numpties and i think it will be only a matter of time before i fall out with them! <_<

I sincerely hope that no one replies to your thread!

I've never booed but I've heard those that do. I normally sit to the right of the goal in the Blackburn End about halfway up and I've heard them before. I was sat down towards the corner flag with my wife on Saturday and heard booing. I wasn't the only one to comment about how stupid and puerile it is, the guy behind me was not impressed at all.

Neill got a lot of boos before he left too. I didn't see the point then and I don't now.

I know someone who was sat close to these people and moved seats because they were such a bloody pain in the arse.

I'm against booing our own players but, I have to admit, when performances have been VERY VERY bad and it's quite obvious players are under performing, I have been known to loose my rag and boo at the end of a game. But things have to have been VERY bad for sometime before I do it.

I would never boo a present Rovers player, but maybe that's just me. There will be times when I will criticise a player for a stupid decision that costs us a game, question what the hell he was doing but that's about it. Come the next game the slate is clean.

I have no real problem with fans booing a player or players as they pay the money to go to the matches and can boo if they wish. I just find it a bit pathetic, especially the case of Andrews who has been booed by some fans ever since he came.

I wasn't particularly happy to see Andrews come and i did question his signing, but once he signed for our club that was it. He will get my support until the day he leaves the club and no booing will come from me.

perhaps go into the toilets and shout at yourself.

I find it distasteful and harmful.

One rovers.

Toilets? What toilets? At primary school we were taught that booing is bad - even booing the opposition. So I only boo referees.

I booed Lucash and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's the only Rovers player I have done that too.

I will be saving my voice and gargling with salt water in the run up to the Spuds game when I will boo Bentboy until I am sick. (if selected - Bentboy, not me)

Don't recall ever booing a Rovers player, and it's not like they haven't given my the opportunity either...

I find it very embarrassing when a former (quality) player is booed, such as Shearer or Bellamy. Childish even. I don't have a problem telling players who are playing poorly what I think though, well shouting at them a bit loudly really.

EG "For (Please don't use that word again)s sake Pedersen pass it to one of our lot you dozy (Please don't use that word again)ing ######!! "

I only boo at pantomimes (cue jokes).

What gets me is that it's done by far more people these days for far weirder reasons. I remember after Germany that everyone was booing Ronaldo because of his wink. Then everyone was doing it the season after because he was playing well. Why? The really strange one was fans other than Chelsea booing Stephen Hunt the year he ran into Cech.

I never boo our own players. It's just not on.

These days I've learnt that it's not worth booing the opposition players for who they are (e.g. Ronaldo, Neill etc.) as it merely acts to motivate them and makes us look foolish. I don't like Ronaldo's personality but some of the abuse from the Riverside was pathetic on Saturday (including from a father who had his arm round his son who couldn't have been older than 8 giving him the finger at every opportunity).

I will however boo players if they do something in the course of the match to get my back up, such as put in a bad tackle, cheat, start on one of our players etc.

I don't boo but I must admit to a loud groan when I see some of the substitutions. Bringing on Andrews when we were 2 goals down was pityful. I was not groaning about the player (although why he was bought is a mystery to me) it was the decision that I could not understand.

Never booed a rovers player or manager in my life. - Booed plenty of refs and opponents though :D . Can't do it for too long mind, I go into coughing fits and look stupid. [no comments please].

Modern booing is nowhere near as good as it used to be though. There's been many times when Rovers players [Jimmy Quinn comes to mind] got booed, jeered every single time They touched the ball, and it lasted as long as they were on the pitch. It must have someone with the skin of a Rhino to get through that. So in a nutshell, modern booers are pale imitations of the proper guys.

I don't boo but I must admit to a loud groan when I see some of the substitutions. Bringing on Andrews when we were 2 goals down was pityful. I was not groaning about the player (although why he was bought is a mystery to me) it was the decision that I could not understand.

WHY?

Because The pitch was WATERLOGGED. It was an attempt to keep the score down. Carlos would have been useless on that surface.

Anyone football fan would realise that bringing Carlos on at that particular juncture would almost definitely see us concede more goals and as a result dent his confidence.

It really was a case of damage limitation.

WHY?

Because The pitch was WATERLOGGED. It was an attempt to keep the score down. Carlos would have been useless on that surface.

Anyone football fan would realise that bringing Carlos on at that particular juncture would almost definitely see us concede more goals and as a result dent his confidence.

It really was a case of damage limitation.

Wasn't the Axe on the bench and wasn't he an option?

Boo?

Never!

I prefer to jeer and cat-call, blow raspberries and make funny faces.

my fave reply for a long time. i dont like andrews and woluld not rn to get his autograph but neither would i boo. but the person nrxt to me boo's pederson every game, cnt see why :P

Never booed a rovers player or manager in my life. - Booed plenty of refs and opponents though :D . Can't do it for too long mind, I go into coughing fits and look stupid. [no comments please].

Modern booing is nowhere near as good as it used to be though. There's been many times when Rovers players [Jimmy Quinn comes to mind] got booed, jeered every single time They touched the ball, and it lasted as long as they were on the pitch. It must have someone with the skin of a Rhino to get through that. So in a nutshell, modern booers are pale imitations of the proper guys.

Beamo had an exclusive chant but the worst, most intimidating and most daunting crowd effect was the total silence that fell on the terraces when John Butcher was underneath a high, hanging cross from deep! Followed by either an audible gasp of relief or a groan in what seemed fairly equal measures.

Archived