BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this being a carling cup game nothing will change in management before saturday. its going to take one hell of a thrashing off liverpool before the board realise what an embarrassment we are right now. absolute joke.

i tried to look at this a bit like the wigan game last year that we lost 5 - 3, but tonight was much more than that.

Pre-match ince was bang out of order with preparing the team, telling them how they should embrace the night. these are premiership players with big egos not burton albion joiners and plumbers (no offence to burton, probably better than us right now).

Thought he made a bad choice in the line up, too many chops and changes players in wrong positions etc. my main gripe is warnock not being played at left back.

derbyshire is way better as an impact player. start with mccarthy and bring him off. he did the complete opposite. granted mccarthy banged in two goals tonight as a sub, but i think alot of people would agree that he should of started.

the Roque for fowler sub beggars belief. inexplainable. how can ince complain that he cant take a good look at villanueva and make a decision when he's putting fowler on who is probably off in january. absolutely makes me fume.

we are bound to hear the same responses after the game.

the team obviously needs a few new buys in january. how can we expect to change the management team in time to bring in suitable players?

desperate times call for desperate measures.

I remember a while back when warnock played at CM, i said to my mate, yes ince thinks he's great there because he can tackle, but thats all he can do, he needs to be played at left back. Can any one remember a game we won with warnock at CM? he should play LB i have no problem with that, i think hes great there, but CM is ano go!

I remember a while back when warnock played at CM, i said to my mate, yes ince thinks he's great there because he can tackle, but thats all he can do, he needs to be played at left back. Can any one remember a game we won with warnock at CM? he should play LB i have no problem with that, i think hes great there, but CM is ano go!

Totally agree. Warnock became an international whilst in the LB position so it's obvious that he should be played there. With Olsson clearly not ready to make that position his own, it's a must do for the Liverpool game.

Totally agree. Warnock became an international whilst in the LB position so it's obvious that he should be played there. With Olsson clearly not ready to make that position his own, it's a must do for the Liverpool game.

Its not rocket science is it - why can't Ince see that? Why play Warnock behind Roque when he's got Benni or Carlos available and why play Mokoena instead of Vogel?

Why can't he see that?

What an evening! Having decided to pick up my ticket from the ground, i was kept waiting until 8.20 in a very long queue when you could stroll up and buy an away ticket for cash and get straight into the ground. Some idiot steward then stopped me leaving the ticket office because I was leaving through the entrance. And of course I was searched twice before taking my seat. I saw ten minutes of the first half. Not happy in the Theatre of Dreams!

There were sustained anti-Ince chants throughout the second half from a sizeable minority of Rovers fans. Despite the Guardian claiming that there chants of "Souness", I only heard this once. There was a lot of gallows humour around too. Just as we were getting to trudge off into the Mancunian night, we're right back in it at 4-3; for about 30 seconds that is. 5-3. At least we don't have to face Burnley in the next round.

It was very poor again, but look at the players Ince had to pick from. Having said that the decision to play Warnock behind Roque, was wrong. Even an half-hearted McCarthy, in a 442 caused United a lot of problems.

I don't know if JW is telling James Meek the truth, but tonight felt like the beginning of the end of Paul Ince at EP. Sad really, but we need a change, if only to stir the players into some kind of performance. We're only four points behind City, so ew have everything to play for.

A tiring depressing evening.

Why didn't we start 4-4-2?

Why was Derbyshire shafted onto the wing after an impressive cameo against Pompey?

Why'd Emerton go off at Half Time?

Going forward we do actually look quite dangerous at times. It's the defense that looks a total shambles. Mokoena is not good enough and never will be good enough and neither is Olsson at least not yet.

Last two away games we've scored five goals yet come away with nothing from either.

For all thoose saying it was a 'teenage' United side, was it balls as. O'Shea, Rafael, Giggs, Tevez, Nani, Anderson, Scholes and Evra have all played a number of games for the first team saying that I still feel their team wasn't anything special tonight and we had a great opportunity which has now been and gone. Clear dive from the Argie dwarf for the penalty by the way, he always cheats/scores against us.

If we don't get anything against Liverpool on Saturday I think it will be Bye, bye Ince.

Not sure that will a make things any better. Then again, not sure that anything will right now.

Yes it does. Good managers criticise their team after the substandard performances. The top 4 managers have regularly criticised their team even when theyve won unconvincingly (see Ferguson in the Utd-Hull game as an example) - not that I'm suggesting we should do that as thats something only managers aiming for the very top slots should do. But Ince keeps on bleating on about luck, about how he's not going to change his footballing principles - these are not the things players or fans need to hear.

Anyone who went like to describe the mood in the travelling support? And were there really any damning chants?

Apparently, their was a group of fans sat next to the Sky commentary box. They were chanting Ince out...

Oh and i didnt go, but heard it on Sky...

Archived