BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

So i'll be at my desk in work tomorrow, hoping i'll get the text or phone call from family/friend saying Ince has been sacked..................but i just know its not coming and he'll still be there on saturday and Liverpool will give us the stuffing (maybe not score wise but in overall quality, teamwork, effort etc) we all expect.

remember the days under Hughes when we'd play one of the top teams at home with a genuine hope of getting something from the game? Seems a long time ago right now.

Still on the upside.....................................................no i've got nothing to continue that thought.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shouldn't be saying this but David Meeks (formerly with Manchester Evening News and also Fergies Biographer) asked JW before the game about the club's situation and was told that while there is disappointment at the current league position, Ince retains his and the boards full support as Ince's appointment has always been viewed as a long term.

If that's true then I despair for the future of the club. If Ince stays, we're in the Championship next season - it's that simple.

I shouldn't be saying this but David Meeks (formerly with Manchester Evening News and also Fergies Biographer) asked JW before the game about the club's situation and was told that while there is disappointment at the current league position, Ince retains his and the boards full support as Ince's appointment has always been viewed as a long term.

If true then its looking like relegation is looming. I cannot see Ince turning this around.

Thanks for the info.

I've gone majorly off our chairman ever since Hughes left. Quite frankly it's been a comedy of errors on his part, from having Shearer as his first choice all the way through to sticking with Ince (assuming he does). I still admire the job he did before, but it mustnt have been that difficult with a man like Hughes in charge.

Just wrote to John Wiliams again.

Mr Williams

I would just like to comment on the performance tonight. The way we let an almost teenage Manchester United team walk all over our first team while on the other hand Burnley managed to beat Arsenal away with a squad which is worth a fraction of ours surely shows the gulf in class between Paul Ince and Owen Coyle (who I believe is a qualified manager???).

I don't doubt you believe that continuity is the key to getting us out of this. That could be the case if the manager had shown the slightest clue as to what he was doing and we had not just ended up with a midfielder (Mokoena) playing right back, a left back (Warnock) and a left winger (Pedersen) playing centre midfield, a striker (Derbyshire) playing right wing, and Fowler!!! up front. A clue- Robbie Fowler is HATED by Rovers fans in a way I've never heard before, yet he's the answer? If he's the answer, the question is just plain wrong. It is clear that we're now choosing the team personnel by putting all the names in a hat and playing them whatever order they come out in. Thank god Robinson has always come out in goal so far, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him at centre forward.

Please do not console yourself by saying "we scored 3 away at Manchester United". That would be fooling yourself. This man, and his refugees from division 4 have much less of a clue how to manage a club than Brian Kidd had, and I fear you are in for some stormy times over the next few weeks as inactivity effectively allow us to be relegated. As you are aware, we are actually quite mild-mannered fans and to hear and read the hatred for Paul Ince is quite enlightening. I have never until the past few days written to the club, even though I thought Graeme Souness in his last 18 months should have gone. Up to then, I trusted the club to get it right eventually. This time, however, Newcastle (or any other club) isn't going to ride to the rescue. Given the dire form and standard of play and fitness shown by the team since the start of the Ince era, there can't be a club in the land who isn't thinking "er, no!"

I know you have tried to do your best for the club over a long period of time,and have for the most part succeeded very well, but in this instance the decision taken was wrong. The manager was wrong. Please just sack him and get someone in who has some sort of tactical nouse in. As a last resort, you have someone with coaching badges working at the club at the moment who could take temporary charge (Matt Jansen in case you didn't know) until we got a manager who can take the team in hand and build them back to what they were last season.

Don't waste millions by giving it to Paul Ince. He will fail and the money will disappear. Just think, if the Trustees had given Mr Hughes the backing he clearly deserved, Ince would now be failing with MK Dons, Blobby Fowler wouldn't be playing for us and Keith (who?) Andrews wouldn't be worriedly following his midfield partner all over the field at a distance of three feet away because it's too scary in the Premier League to be playing all by himself in the middle (not in this game, but you know what I mean)

Oh and every broadcaster and newspaper is laughing at us. But then, they have always thought we were a club playing above our station. We have never shown that until now.

Yours in sorrow, and growing anger.

At least with Shearer the feel good factor would've come back to the club. How different things could have turned. Newell as his assistant, and he already has alot of experience in the lower leagues, and his reputation wouldve attracted far more names than with Ince... Funny how he felt we couldnt match his ambitions, rather than us not picking him...

No offence, but you've obviously not been to many (any?) matches this season. The "fare" on offer is the worst since I've seen since Brian Kidd was in charge, and we all know what happened then.

I admire your misplaced loyalty, but please don't try to defend the indefensible - I bet that those who go every game and watch the insipid tripe Ince and his buffoons are serving up are the ones calling for his head, and those who support from afar and aren't made to suffer every week are the ones asking for more time.

He won't go until after the Liverpool game, but that would be the ideal time to get shut as it's a game we'd likely lose whoever was in charge. Better to have a new man in situ for the Wigan game which is far more winnable.

INCE OUT.

Why is it obvious that I haven't been to many (any) matches this season? How does my opinion to choose to support Ince bring that into question? For your information i've been to league and cup matches this season and the games I haven't been to, i've streamed live. I also think about Blackburn Rovers most of the day and live my life around the club making sacrifices (as my family will tell you and my bank balance) all the time just to support the club. I'm no different to anyone else who follows the club,. So how dare you tell me to be quiet when i choose to voice my opinion on something I believe. I think you'll find that people outside of Blackburn who can't get to every game love the club just as much as people who live there and whether someone goes to 1 game or 38 games a season, they have their right to give their opinion and just because it's different to yours, it doesn't make it incorrect.

I can't find the post now but the guy who mentioned that Ince's future will be decided after we've played Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland and Man City is probably right especially as the Man City game is just before the transfer window. They are must win games and if we come away with unsatisfactory results then he's more likely to go then rather than now.

Where's the pimpslap smilie?

Sorry, Tim, but we couldn't even get any points from Sunderland, Spurs, and Pompey, so I don't know WHY you think we're going to get any from those games. Ince is only taking us one way, and that's down.

This is the right time to sack him. Sort all the red tape out, find a new manager, give the manager time to assess the squad and put the feelers out for reinforcements in January.

At least with Shearer the feel good factor would've come back to the club. How different things could have turned. Newell as his assistant, and he already has alot of experience in the lower leagues, and his reputation wouldve attracted far more names than with Ince... Funny how he felt we couldnt match his ambitions, rather than us not picking him...

Shearer would never have worked either. Newell would no way have been assistant to a man who had never managed before, especially since he'd done a good job so far. I don't buy the thing about his reputation either, Ince played in Italy and played in Europe more than Shearer did. Both choices were awful ones on the part of JW when we actually had some good viable options going.

Guest Kamy100

That is what David was told. He only asked because I had been pestering him through his wife (who is a very good friend of mine) and that was what he was told.

Although I think that if the fans react like they did today that will also have a bearing on things, no way can the club keep Ince if there is a major fan backlash. I think it speaks volumes that people whom I really respect on this board and who normally are calm about things are even asking for Ince to be sacked. It is well known that JW reads this messageboard so it is time for people to let him know their feelings through this messageboard and also e-mail the club directly.

Just wrote to John Wiliams again.

Mr Williams

I would just like to comment on the performance tonight. The way we let an almost teenage Manchester United team walk all over our first team while on the other hand Burnley managed to beat Arsenal away with a squad which is worth a fraction of ours surely shows the gulf in class between Paul Ince and Owen Coyle (who I believe is a qualified manager???).

I don't doubt you believe that continuity is the key to getting us out of this. That could be the case if the manager had shown the slightest clue as to what he was doing and we had not just ended up with a midfielder (Mokoena) playing right back, a left back (Warnock) and a left winger (Pedersen) playing centre midfield, a striker (Derbyshire) playing right wing, and Fowler!!! up front. A clue- Robbie Fowler is HATED by Rovers fans in a way I've never heard before, yet he's the answer? If he's the answer, the question is just plain wrong. It is clear that we're now choosing the team personnel by putting all the names in a hat and playing them whatever order they come out in. Thank god Robinson has always come out in goal so far, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him at centre forward.

Please do not console yourself by saying "we scored 3 away at Manchester United". That would be fooling yourself. This man, and his refugees from division 4 have much less of a clue how to manage a club than Brian Kidd had, and I fear you are in for some stormy times over the next few weeks as inactivity effectively allow us to be relegated. As you are aware, we are actually quite mild-mannered fans and to hear and read the hatred for Paul Ince is quite enlightening. I have never until the past few days written to the club, even though I thought Graeme Souness in his last 18 months should have gone. Up to then, I trusted the club to get it right eventually. This time, however, Newcastle (or any other club) isn't going to ride to the rescue. Given the dire form and standard of play and fitness shown by the team since the start of the Ince era, there can't be a club in the land who isn't thinking "er, no!"

I know you have tried to do your best for the club over a long period of time,and have for the most part succeeded very well, but in this instance the decision taken was wrong. The manager was wrong. Please just sack him and get someone in who has some sort of tactical nouse in. As a last resort, you have someone with coaching badges working at the club at the moment who could take temporary charge (Matt Jansen in case you didn't know) until we got a manager who can take the team in hand and build them back to what they were last season.

Don't waste millions by giving it to Paul Ince. He will fail and the money will disappear. Just think, if the Trustees had given Mr Hughes the backing he clearly deserved, Ince would now be failing with MK Dons, Blobby Fowler wouldn't be playing for us and Keith (who?) Andrews wouldn't be worriedly following his midfield partner all over the field at a distance of three feet away because it's too scary in the Premier League to be playing all by himself in the middle (not in this game, but you know what I mean)

Oh and every broadcaster and newspaper is laughing at us. But then, they have always thought we were a club playing above our station. We have never shown that until now.

Yours in sorrow, and growing anger.

:lol:

You've got some balls Janice.

Where's the pimpslap smilie?

Sorry, Tim, but we couldn't even get any points from Sunderland, Spurs, and Pompey, so I don't know WHY you think we're going to get any from those games. Ince is only taking us one way, and that's down.

This is the right time to sack him. Sort all the red tape out, find a new manager, give the manager time to assess the squad and put the feelers out for reinforcements in January.

When did I say that we'd get anything from the games?

I said they are must win games which they are. If we don't get results then of course he'll end up being sacked.

watched the game....

Defence was awful, why they stood there appealing for offside every pass at OT was frustrating. Tevez beat the trap every time.

Free kick should have been cleared for the first

No one followed up uniteds 3rd i think. stood there again

Shouldnt have been a penalty. tevez and nanni wer on their ass every time they were touched.

Benni scored a great goal.

Inces decision to replace emo with benni and sant with Fowler were a joke. Emo was one of the better players and fowler? enough said.

The late goals masked a very poor second half.

Thank god Ronaldo didnt play, or with would have been double figures.

1 win in the last 10 ( and that v Sunderland). How long a term do you need to realise that you have made a dreadful mistake. This is like watching a car crash in slow motion. Time for some leadership..or prepare for a long time in the championship. ( Milton Keynes next season anyone?)

He can't exactly say anything else though can he Kamy? "Well we need a result tonight, or at least don't concede more than 4, then we go again against Liverpool. If we don't get any points then - then he's out". He can't say that can he?

So five goals shipped. We're letting them in for fun these days. Players out of position. Fowler. I could go on but you've read it all countless times over the last few weeks. If we're honest it was always going to be hard at Man U (when isn't it?) as it will be against Liverpool. BUT, regardless of that, we're not showing ANYTHING positive. Nothing that suggests that we're going to turn the corner.

There's only one thing we can do now. Time for a change at the top.

I'm not looking forward to Saturday. I'm sure he's trying his best, with the best intentions and I wouldn't resign either in his position (£). If he was a lame race horse you'd hope that Williams would shoot him and put him out of his (and our) misery.

Had the chance to go and watch in Utd hospitality and still left 10mins early in complete embarassment.

Haven't seen a team so poorly organised and easily brushed aside for a long time, 5-3 did Utd no justice. We were a complete shambles once Utd went ahead.

I'm not even angry at the whole situation anymore, just upset that this is being allowed to continue and worried that what we fans can see as a steady (and quickening) collapse isn't being acted upon.

It seemed blatantly obvious to me from watching the game that Ince does not have the support from his players or help from his coaches. Some of the players wouldn't survive in the Championship on tonight's form, let alone what time we have left in the Premiership.

It'd be best for all parties if Ince went, he's doing himself and our club no good at all. All that hard work and progress under Hughes has been wasted, we're back to where we were when Souness left. No confidence anywhere and players giving in far too easily when asked to play out of position in strange formations. Lack of effort, tracking back and desire to get back into the game was shocking. Forget the late salvo that brought us back to 4-3, it papers over some very large and growing cracks.

If we think we can turn things around with players like Treacy getting onto the pitch, then we are going to be disappointed at least. Even in a poor side I thought he was terrible and reflected just how quickly we've sunk since Hughes' departure.

Dark days ahead for Rovers if the current management and squad are allowed to continue their current form.

Ince and co. need to be shown the door if we're to stay up. Hopefully a new management team can also weed out a few of the players who no longer seem to bother or care. As badly as Ince seems to be doing, there should also be a large portion of blame laid at the feet of players who are not fit to wear the shirt.

I was going to comment on that too. He looks well up for it and his body language is the best Ive seen for well more than a year. With some service, he could easily get 15 goals this season.

While at the same time we concede 342 at the other end

Archived