BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

Right, after tonight I've changed my mind.

On the basis of that showing Ince needs to be sacked at 9 a.m. in the morning.

I've been happy to back Ince up to now despite results because I thought that the performances were acceptable and the players were clearly still playing for the manager.

Tonight's game was the first time imo that the players didn't seem interested in playing for the shirt or the manager.

I looked at the team sheets before tonight's game, containing United's 5th or 6th string and was convinvced that our stronger line up would play with some heart and passion and gain us a much needed victory.

How wrong could I have been? The 5-3 scoreline flattered us, we could easily have been five, six or seven one down before United lost concentration right at the end allowing us to nick a couple back. 4-3 would have given a completely misleading impression of the game.

As for individual performances, Robinson made a couple of excellent saves, couldn't do much about any of the goals and must be wondering just what he has wandered in to at the moment.

Mokoena, god knows what he was doing for their first, he was goal side of Tevez on the far post but sort of let the Argentinian in front of him resulting in a forced own goal. It would have been hard to imagine him playing any worse than he did in midfield in the first half but then Ince bizarrely pulled off Emerton and put the Axe at RB for the second half!. He was so bad in that position it was completely surreal and once all this has settled down the DVD of his second half performance will surely be comedy gold one day.

Ooijer, JFHC - and a lot of people seem to think he's good.

Treacy, absolutely abysmal and I think it's becoming clear he will never make it at this level. Nor at a level or two below that I'd wager.

Roque, didn't look at all interested tonight, and I also heard a very strong rumour tonight that a 17m move to Citeh is already done and dusted.

The only two outfield players to emerge with credit imo were Tugay and Benni after he came on as a second half sub. (Fair play to him, he looked extremely keen and hungry)

The evening was a humiliation in all senses of the word. When Fowler started warming up along the touchline it's the first time I can ever remember a substitute beeing booed by BOTH sets of fans. Likewise when he came on their mob were singing something about him being too fat, our fans started singing "You're not fit to wear the shirt" The fact that at several goals down Roque was replaced by this dolloper seemed symbolic and indicative of our present plight as well.

What should we do? I now think a change is needed asap and whilst I'm not the one who has to face the possibility of paying out a massive compensation bill for Ince and his staff, I still think it's an unpleasant duty which shouldn't be shirked.

I can't say I'm exactly jumping through hoops at the prospect of Allardyce or any other likely candidate either though. The only thing I can think of as a short term fix is to see if Dalglish would step in for a month or so whilst a permanent appointment is sorted out.

Very disappointed tonight, but those of us of a certain age have all been there before over the last thirty or forty years and will come through it eventually.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I can think of as a short term fix is to see if Dalglish would step in for a month or so whilst a permanent appointment is sorted out.

Why on earth would he do that Simon? Not an option imo. He'd have all to lose and nothing to gain and I cannot believe that he needs either the money or the hassle. He only came in the first place cos Jack offered him virtually unlimited spends.

Big Sam(bo) ^_^ Allardyce still being the best option. Problem is that his bargaining hand is getting stronger all the time and thats not good.

Why on earth would he do that Simon? Not an option imo. He'd have all to lose and nothing to gain and I cannot believe that he needs either the money or the hassle. He only came in the first place cos Jack offered him virtually unlimited spends.

Big Sam(bo) ^_^ Allardyce still being the best option. Problem is that his bargaining hand is getting stronger all the time and thats not good.

I know it's probably wishful thinking Gordon, I was only musing about it being a possible temporary solution were someone to be brought in immediately ie as in before the Liverpool game.

The place badly needs a lift and he would certainly give us that. He would also have the immediate respect and attention of our players. Probably unlike someone like Tony Parkes whose name was chanted briefly by the travelling fans tonight.

I also presumed that since Allardyce reputedly likes bringing a staff with him that would be sufficient to man the White House, negotiations with him and his team could take a little time.

Strong rumor from the fans, or higher sources?

I think its fair to say that City will bid for him in January and Roque will want to leave, but it will come down to the club and its balls. Are we willing to say Roque give us 6 more months, then you can leave, and more importantly will he fancy a relegation battle with no service, and just running around upfield?

The whole event last night was a total shambles for Rovers. Beaten by a team our reserves would have hoped for a draw against last season.

The fourth Man U goal was the worst I can remember a Rovers team conceding.

No tactical nouse, no organization, no motivation, poor team selection, poor substitutions and bad preparation.

It would be pointless trying to analyse that dross...so

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

....and get ready for plenty more on Saturday.

we all know that the only reason for taking tugay and santa cruz off was that he is saving them for saturday, at 4-1 the game was up what was the point in them possibly getting injured. As for bringing fowler on i didnt agree with that but we did score twice when he was on and he provided the cross for when benni hit the post.

Roque, didn't look at all interested tonight, and I also heard a very strong rumour tonight that a 17m move to Citeh is already done and dusted.

Heard the same from quite a few people. Some reliable others not so but all seem to be of the opinion that Roque will be at Citeh in January without a shadow of doubt. If we got £17m i reckon the trusty trustees will free up at least a million if we get the much!!

Have to say I agree with Revidge 100%. This is turning into a complete nightmare - some of our best players want out and Burnley looking like they'll make a serious push to accomplish at least play-off for PL (and they actually beat Arsenal B......). Unless something is done we might (shudder at the thought) change league with the inbred scum. Ince out + the board that hired him + get rid of some useless deadweight come january!

From that link..........

"Blackburn have lost four consecutive matches, have just one win in 11 in all competitions and, having faced significant criticism from the Rovers fans, Ince did not speak to the press after the game."

How many times did we hear on here in the summer that 'the man's matured'? and 'He's now a changed man' Well what a load of bollaxx......... he's still a sulky, snivelling little backslider that he always was! Leopards and spots folks.

Well for one BRFC do not need bad PR and worse still if Ince only posessed the intellect to see it.... it was largely down to the press agenda last summer that he got the bloody job in the first place!

He's been an embarrassment to the club since June and now the stupid idiots gone public!.

From that link..........

"Blackburn have lost four consecutive matches, have just one win in 11 in all competitions and, having faced significant criticism from the Rovers fans, Ince did not speak to the press after the game."

How many times did we hear on here in the summer that 'the man's matured'? and 'He's now a changed man' Well what a load of bollaxx......... he's still a sulky, snivelling little backslider that he always was! Leopards and spots folks.

Well for one BRFC do not need bad PR and worse still if Ince only posessed the intellect to see it.... it was largely down to the press agenda last summer that he got the bloody job in the first place!

He's been an embarrassment to the club since June and now the stupid idiots gone public!.

Well I hate to admit it , and hold my hands up but agree with you Theno

Humble pie with custard is being demolished as I type.

My reason for backing him - he was on a hiding to nothing anyway and there was not any doubt that we would struggle more this year - however and hear me out on this - alot of the problems on the pitch where already evident before Ince's appointment but somehow we managed to eek out some victories that glossed over these deficiencies, the problem is what he is doing that is compounding them.

By this I mean the following all I have posted before and some whilst Sparky was our messiah:-

1. Determination - or lack of it especially in 50-50's, nobody prepared to die ETC to block a ball (except Warnock) and put their foot in where it hurts - Emerton especially

2. Naivety to recognise danger signs when defending - not cutting out crosses - ability to somehow that when teams actually score against us they do not have to work at it.

3. Organisation and lack of leadership on the pitch

4. Pussy footying around and laborious in attack with the ball make us very predictable to play against - especially at Ewood.

Now as most will know -I have not renewed my S/T this season (much to the relief of the flea in the ear I used to give a certain Mr Fleming) after +20yrs particularly down to my own personal circumstances but made easier by my feeling towards the game nowadays and the players that take part in it.

I have not been as vociferous about the situation as I probably would have on here especially if I had been going on regularly, and is probably the reason why I have been willing to give Ince time, however the constant bleating of lady luck (Souness??), we played well etc when its quite evident we are poor and mostly because of the failings in himself and the players are just sure signs he is incompetent for the role as your good self and many others have stated on many occasion - by this I mean he doesn't appear to be seeing what we do nor learning from his mistakes.

I don't lay the whole episode at his door though and do actually blame the players in some respect also, because at the end of the day they are supposed to be professional.

I posted a couple of weeks back that he should be given until after the Liverpool game but after last night the last chance saloon door is closed and there should be no more drinking at this bar.

Losing to Merch United is always a bitter pill to swallow, but the nature of such a defeat is simply embarrassing and yet further proof (as if any were needed) that Ince is completely and utterly out of his depth. The club needs to cut its losses NOW. No faltering, no shows of support, no "let's wait until January" nonsense. RIGHT. NOW.

So where was this interview done then?

It was done last night, but to whom?

We're scoring goals according to Ince so that's good.

As others have mentioned, has he seen our goals for column in the league?! And we've bagged a mighty four at home this season. Pathetic.

His silence to other media however is proof that he knows he's on borrowed time. Best start to pack your stuff Mr.Ince.

Very dissapointed with the result last night. For what it is worth I thought Benni Mac looked quite sharp and Robinson made another great save.

Liverpool will be a very tough game for the lads and Ince. Just hope their heads have not dropped too much.

I still can't help but feel that a 'fortunate result' against one of these big teams will kick start our season. Perhaps I'm just overly optimistic. Anyhow, good luck with Liverpool Ince!

:brfc:

the problem is he gave up when they score 4-1.

taking off emerton and santa is a load of bull. we almost got back to 4-4, and it wasnt due to his genius tactics of giving fowler a chance. it was luck, but thats the point. we can never give up. stranger things have happened than scoring 4 against the man utd kid team. NEVER give up a game :(

ince out. now.

taking off emerton and santa is a load of bull. we almost got back to 4-4, and it wasnt due to his genius tactics of giving fowler a chance. it was luck, but thats the point. we can never give up. stranger things have happened than scoring 4 against the man utd kid team. NEVER give up a game :(

man ures 2nd string had taken there foot off the gas by then !

ince out. now.

INCE OUT NOW INCE OUT NOW

ince out. now.

Taking off Santa Cruz was a correct decision, he did sweet f*** all out there. But he should have brought on Roberts and not Fowler!!

Benni was easy our best player, he looked very lively and at least the two goals will do his confidence good. Hopefully he'll take that into the Liverpool game.

Our defence was once again shocking, Winterburn is a waste of space/money and all that. Ince can't rely on that tosser trying to sort our defence out. We were also unlucky with the decisions once again, Tevez clattered Mokoena for the first goal and the penalty was very soft!! The ref must have thought his decision was dodgy since he didn't send off Ooijer as last man.

Also, I think the Rovers fans are a pathetic bunch of so called 'fans'. Jesus christ, this message board have spent recent years moaning about other teams sh1t support, and now look at the so called great Rovers support!?! Getting on team and manager's back won't help anyone.

Come on Incey, I trust you'll get us out of this! :rover:

Archived