BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovejoy reckons young managers need time, the first Rovers caller was right we can't afford to give Ince time at the expense of going down.

I agree Ince needs some time - after all he must be tactical genius to bring on Fowler, when most people would have put Judge on and pushed Derbs up front, or brought Carlos on, or brought Roberts on - hell anyone but Fowler. For me - in that substition I lost what little faith I had in Ince. Listening on the radio - those fans brave enough to go to OT agreed !

:lol:

Nearly giggled like a girl then.

If Roque is off in Jan then l personally wouldn't blame him (as long as it isn't to Dubai City). We got mauled by a second string Utd team. Add to that we got passed off the park at Ewood by their first team, Chelsea walked all over us, we can't beat teams we should be, Liverpool will p!ss us this weekend, how long wil it take for management and the board to see just pretty football won't win you games but sh!t, heart and a bit of passion willl draw you the one's you need to stop up.

I will watch sh!t football all season if we win after 90 mins, what l can't bear is half decent football and getting beat (every week) and then getting plied with the same old cliche's that we "played well", "we're unfortunate". Well you can stick your 2nd rate Brazil and l'd rather watch conference style football and pick up 3 points every other game cos this is our team and not some cockey self obsesed Londoner's.

INCE (and that shambles of a backroom staff) OUT !!!!!

Surely this is the last straw??!!!

Ince has to go or we are doomed.

How can it be the last straw? Did anyone at all expect to get anything from this game?

I don't get the reactions in this thread. Sure we have conceded a few sloppy goals. But it was against a strong Manure side (by strong I mean about 9 of them would have walked into our starting 11), and we did score 3 at OT with a raft of players missing. It's not humiliation. We knew we weren't going to win this game. The situation is unchanged compared to this morning.

There's about 10 other threads at the top of the forum with the exact same content. If you really feel the need to get the point across so vehemently then surely this is the wrong place? It's only a messageboard ffs. The place is hostile beyond belief.

I'm not saying "try to be positive", because obviously that's not easy at the moment, but to those that spit venom with every post they make to maybe relax a little. Heard you the first time, etc. Go and protest outside Ewood instead.

Edit: The post is not directed at you, PLZ Blue specifically if I gave that impression

I agree Ince needs some time - after all he must be tactical genius to bring on Fowler, when most people would have put Judge on and pushed Derbs up front, or brought Carlos on, or brought Roberts on - hell anyone but Fowler. For me - in that substition I lost what little faith I had in Ince. Listening on the radio - those fans brave enough to go to OT agreed !

Of all theinexplicable decisions he's made that must be near the top of the list.

Fowler on for RSC

Truly there is never a worse substitution been made.

the fans can be heard telling Ince

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

Ince knows exactly what he's doing. He's giving his mate a pay day! Not only is Ince dragging the club to lower league obscurity, he is also sucking the club's finances dry.

How can it be the last straw? Did anyone at all expect to get anything from this game?

I don't get the reactions in this thread. Sure we have conceded a few sloppy goals. But it was against a strong Manure side (by strong I mean about 9 of them would have walked into our starting 11), and we did score 3 at OT with a raft of players missing. It's not humiliation. We knew we weren't going to win this game. The situation is unchanged compared to this morning.

There's about 10 other threads at the top of the forum with the exact same content. If you really feel the need to get the point across so vehemently then surely this is the wrong place? It's only a messageboard ffs. The place is hostile beyond belief.

I'm not saying "try to be positive", because obviously that's not easy at the moment, but to those that spit venom with every post they make to maybe relax a little. Heard you the first time, etc. Go and protest outside Ewood instead.

Edit: The post is not directed at you, PLZ Blue specifically if I gave that impression

Its the manner of the defeat tchocky. The tactics, the wide open gaps in our defence that get worse every week, its FOWLER on for Santa Cruz! Forgive people for feeling worried that their club is being ripped apart.

Guest Kamy100

I think that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on here if you think Ince is going to be sacked tomorrow, it just isn't going to happen. JW see's Ince has a long term appointment.

I think the only thing that might change his mind is fans turning on Ince like what happened at the end of the game.

I have just watched the goals on republike of mankchester website.

goal 1 - what ever the Axe was thinking ? Shocking defending to be outmuscled by the argy gimp.

goal 2 - emerton ran away from the ball whils the defnders stood still

goal 3 - not a penalty imo the argy gimp rolled over

goal 4 - the defence stood still with their hands in the air asking for offside not playing to whistle

goal 5 - ooijers fault Robbo no chance

And we employ a defensive coach for what exactly ?

Roque is gone in January and its our fault.

Conceeding an average 2 goals per game means we need the likes of Roque to score 3 goals per game.

How is he supposed to do this with no service?

How is he supposed to do that with the best of service? It is a totally unreasonable request and it would be acceptable to feel no ill will toward Santa Cruz if he doesn't want to stay in these disastrous circumstances.

I'm not defending Paul Ince with every decision he's made but what I am saying is that I still believe he's the right manager for the job as he's only had half a season so far. I'm not like most people who want to sack people who are on a bad run.

Of course he needs to sort things out quickly otherwise he won't be around for much longer, that's obvious but I liked the style of football he played at Macclesfield and MK Dons and I hope we play some good attacking football in the future just like he's done before whilst bringing up young players to fight for a first team spot.

People are crying out for Big Fat Sam who will bring an awful style of football to the club, something I don't want.

I honestly hope Ince turns it around and brings to Blackburn what he's promised he'll bring.

No offence, but you've obviously not been to many (any?) matches this season. The "fare" on offer is the worst since I've seen since Brian Kidd was in charge, and we all know what happened then.

I admire your misplaced loyalty, but please don't try to defend the indefensible - I bet that those who go every game and watch the insipid tripe Ince and his buffoons are serving up are the ones calling for his head, and those who support from afar and aren't made to suffer every week are the ones asking for more time.

He won't go until after the Liverpool game, but that would be the ideal time to get shut as it's a game we'd likely lose whoever was in charge. Better to have a new man in situ for the Wigan game which is far more winnable.

INCE OUT.

Kamy, JW isnt blind or stupid. How can he see this situation rectified? And he must know that the fans are against Ince as well at this time...

Are you just quoting what has been said "officially" in recent times, or what? If he sticks around long enough, he will manage us in the Fizzy Pop league...

I think that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people on here if you think Ince is going to be sacked tomorrow, it just isn't going to happen. JW see's Ince has a long term appointment.

I think the only thing that might change his mind is fans turning on Ince like what happened at the end of the game.

Sounds like a plan Kamy, I'm up for it.

Could get very tasty on Saturday.

I can't find the post now but the guy who mentioned that Ince's future will be decided after we've played Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland and Man City is probably right especially as the Man City game is just before the transfer window. They are must win games and if we come away with unsatisfactory results then he's more likely to go then rather than now.

I can't find the post now but the guy who mentioned that Ince's future will be decided after we've played Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland and Man City is probably right especially as the Man City game is just before the transfer window. They are must win games and if we come away with unsatisfactory results then he's more likely to go then rather than now.

No good - we'll be cut adrift by then, and it'll be Championship football next season. Far better to get rid now - after all we've seen nothing to suggest that the tide is turning, in fact more evidence to the opposite - and give the new man a fighting chance of keeping us up.

Guest Kamy100

I shouldn't be saying this but David Meeks (formerly with Manchester Evening News and also Fergies Biographer) asked JW before the game about the club's situation and was told that while there is disappointment at the current league position, Ince retains his and the boards full support as Ince's appointment has always been viewed as a long term.

Archived