BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

What a lovely name you have. I've posted a report on a previous page. You can take a look a the Times report via Newsnow

What are you saying about my name? Wtf is wrong with Sambo?

Oh just read the report now, as I typed it I hadn't see your message.

And to the person above, I was wondering whether the reports were true of Ince out chants.

Thanks

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a lovely name you have. I've posted a report on a previous page. You can take a look a the Times report via Newsnow

Come on, Sambo is a racist term yes, but it's not a very well known one and considering we have a player called Samba...I doubt it's racist he hasn't posted anything remotely suggestive that it might be.

Racist? No, my name is Sam and when I played football I was always called Sambo, and some friends call it me now.

I wasn't at all aware it was a racist term, but if a mod wants to change it?

And if you look, I made this account when I was 12/13.

Sorry if I offended anyone!

Oh and I think he meant a match report.

Come on, Sambo is a racist term yes, but it's not a very well known one and considering we have a player called Samba...I doubt it's racist he hasn't posted anything remotely suggestive that it might be.

I may be wrong but I think I remember him saying that it was his nickname from childhood, his real name being Sam. Although I could just be imagining it.

I may be wrong but I think I remember him saying that it was his nickname from childhood, his real name being Sam. Although I could just be imagining it.

Thats it, yeah. I wouldn't be daft enough to have a racist username, as a) I am not racist and B ) this is a diverse messageboard.

I think someone on the Official Website has finally had enough. :lol:

Kinda contradicts what Ince said in his post match dooda:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1475765,00.html

Sorry Just got back, what ###### has Ince been saying now?Havent heard yet!

Tonight was terrible! 5-3 flatters us!.....shocking..........again!

Big sam in the crowd though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from yet another shambolic display. Tonight I felt we were just embarrassing. Surely, this can't go on much longer. The late goals for the Rovers arrived when United took their foot off the pedal - it was just so easy for them that I think they lost concentration in the end.

I think tonight was the lowest I have felt for some time. I was disappointed coming back from Spurs and Portsmouth, but today I felt embarrassed about our performance. The United team - by no means their first choice eleven - simply played us off the field for long periods of the game. Their pass and move football was a pleasure to watch and our attempt to match them was pitiful. Tugay, once again, tried to retain possession and get things moving but he lacked support. We just look totally disorganized. The back four are left to defend on their own while Roque is left up front on his own. The midfield seem to occupy themselves without assisting the defence or the attack. It's crying out for someone to come in and organize them as a TEAM!!!

When Robbie Fowler came on the reaction of the Rovers' fans said it all. I think they jeered Fowler's arrival louder than the United fans. I can't believe have far the club has fallen since the departure of Mark Hughes and his staff. As I said, surely it can't be allowed to go on much longer. Surely, someone must realise that his club is in freefall.

Mokoena ball watching for the 1st, Ooijer at fault for 2, 3 and 4. 5th nobody could do much about.

Tonight proved yet again that Ooijer is too slow and shouldnt make the team. 1st choice pairing should be, without a doubt - Samba & Zurab.

Mokoena ball watching for the 1st, Ooijer at fault for 2, 3 and 4. 5th nobody could do much about.

Tonight proved yet again that Ooijer is too slow and shouldnt make the team. 1st choice pairing should be, without a doubt - Samba & Zurab.

Agreed Hughesey. At fault for two goals at the weekend and at least two more tonight.

Got the wrong side of Nani for their psychologically crucial second, and an unbelievably stupid bit of play to concede a needless penalty for their third, immediately after Benni dragged us back into it at 2-1. :angry:

I can't believe a lot of people seem to think he's a good player, to me for the level he's meant to be playing at, he's one of the worst defenders I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

Dont forget Olson outpaced for Tevez fourth, had to do much better now he looks like hes struggling big time with premiership players and what on earth was Nelsen doing when United simply played one two through the defence for the fourth goal - twenty yards behind play with his hand up for offside not good enough.

All four defenders need potting on that showing.

i dont even think they're good enough to be honest.

We have no competant Right Back.

We have no truely decent centre backs.

We have an amazing left back who is being used as a midfielder and has been replaced by a child who doesnt have a clue.

We have no decent right sided mid.

We have a central mid that is either permenantly injured, close to retirement or lower league rubbish.

We have a tonne of strikers, none of whom are scoring regularly; and the one who shows potential to be is being played in midfield!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY

Agreed Hughesey. At fault for two goals at the weekend and at least two more tonight.

Got the wrong side of Nani for their psychologically crucial second, and an unbelievably stupid bit of play to concede a needless penalty for their third, immediately after Benni dragged us back into it at 2-1. :angry:

I can't believe a lot of people seem to think he's a good player, to me for the level he's meant to be playing at, he's one of the worst defenders I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

Looks like hes now playing for a move away on that showing hes got to go along with Ince.

i think another problem is that our captain isnt any good either.

We need to give the armband to our best player who will inspire the others with their abillity as well as their words.

For me, the captain sets the standard of the team. If your captain is playing badly, the chances are your team is playing badly.

Give the captaincy to Warnock.

Dont forget Olson outpaced for Tevez fourth, had to do much better now he looks like hes struggling big time with premiership players and what on earth was Nelsen doing when United simply played one two through the defence for the fourth goal - twenty yards behind play with his hand up for offside not good enough.

All four defenders need potting on that showing.

Ignore

todays game has got my blood boiling, we had no chance of winning, and its starting to really get to me now!

i was delighted when ince was given the job at the strart of the season, but the guy is clueless and is completly out of his depth!

i booked this saturday off work to go to the liverpool game, but is there any point me paying good money to go watch clueless players play out of position and probably get a good drubbing in the process?

the sooner we sack him the sooner my blood pressure will drop!

NOT A HAPPY ROVER ATM!

Right now, I think Toogs would make a great captain... probably because of his age and talent, at least he would undisputably command one thing from the rest of the players - respect.

Problem is, he won't play a full 90 minutes nowadays so that's him ruled out :(

Congratulations for the most pointles post of the year! ^_^

i was delighted when ince was given the job at the strart of the season, but the guy is clueless and is completly out of his depth!

I'm glad you admitted that. Most are now distancing themselves from their initial stupidity... err sorry enthusiasm. :rolleyes: But tell me Andy... what caused you to be so delighted about the appointment of Paul Ince? Cos I was bloody distraught from the off.

i just received an email from blackburn for the first time ever telling me to 'get behind the team'... never had one of these before and havnt signed upto anything with rovers in years... anyone think this means rovers are now painfully aware of a fans backlash...

i emailed back saying

'sack ince and i'll turn up'

Archived