BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

So Philip, you've changed your story from:

1) Ince had a shedload of money in the summer but couldn't/wouldn't spend it

to

2) He doesn't have a shedload of money to spend any more because the Board have lost confidence in him

to

3) The Bank have chopped our overdraft facility

Good work.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they've just re-assigned the transfer funds (as they were) to cover the pie & chewing gum budget the cud-chewing bovine Bolton Butcher will require.

Back to the issue of the Walker money, fundamentally I think it's a bit rich (no pun intended) for Rovers fans to gripe at any external party for not subsidising the club as they wish. We'd all be happy in life if we could get away with someone else subsidising what we should be paying for, and Jack's stated wish was for the club to be self-sufficient ultimately.

For all the criticism levelled at the board, trustees, JW or anyone, it's probably more prudent to look inwardly at the lack of support from the fans primarily - we have to rely on being run well, frugally and creatively rather than being supported by fans.

One wonders if each and every Rovers fan could contribute an amount they could afford to 'write off' to better the club they profess to love, how much brass would we really have in the pot? I'll bet - even allowing for the more charitable, well-off, or blinkered amongst us - we'd struggle to hit a million. How much did Ebbsfleet raise, anyone know?

It is not inconceivable that there might have been the incredible situation that the Chairman of Blackburn Rovers was telling the Manager to spend money on better and more expensive players than he was proposing to.....

Rich that you criticise me for baseless hypotheses.

Also not inconceivable that the players he wanted to spend money on would have cost too much in wages and/or transfer fees, or didn't want to come play for us.

RB, over the timeframe involved, that's a perfectly reasonable scenario, given what's happen in the global economy.

Correct, the world's plug is still out, anyone who thinks they are immune (In any way) either has more money than sense (But there's an argumnet that they feel it more); Are naive in the extreme or simply doesn't understand the gravity of the current situation.

For one, I'd be disappointed if Rovers hadn't taken this downturn into account. (i.e. Next year, it is hardly going to get better!) So I would assume "No gambling"

So Philip, you've changed your story from:

1) Ince had a shedload of money in the summer but couldn't/wouldn't spend it

to

2) He doesn't have a shedload of money to spend any more because the Board have lost confidence in him

to

3) The Bank have chopped our overdraft facility

Good work.

And that story has changed over what period of time? 5/6 months? Is it not possible that THE story has changed in this time?

And that story has changed over what period of time? 5/6 months? Is it not possible that THE story has changed in this time?

It's not impossible, but it's far more likely that philip has changed his tale to suit external circumstances and to a version that can't be disproved when yet again we fail to spend any significant amounts in January.

It's not impossible, but it's far more likely that philip has changed his tale to suit external circumstances and to a version that can't be disproved when yet again we fail to spend any significant amounts in January.

I think a Worldwide economic crisis does that for him.

Now many including me, said it was a done deal that Ince is going. However the board are now having doubts and are wobbling abit on the decision. Hence the meeting tomorrow at 10am.

Reasons:

They wanted to see more anti-ince at the game against the Scousers to convince them.

They are also not sure who the fans would want - Allardyce or Souness?

Finally they are not sure whether to give Ince another game - Il give you reasons against him. The clown who has made us relegation fodder, lost the last 5 in a row (in all comps),taken just 3 draws from the last 10 league games and signed the likes of Fowler, Andrews & Grella, the worst defence with 32 goals against, and just 17 for

Now even if we beat Wigan, we still have a massive game against Stoke to follow that, nothing to say that If we beat Wigan, we would win that.

What is your opinion, PLEASE just choose from the 3 below? If a mod could set up a poll then great!

SACK - GET SAM

SACK - GET SOUNESS

STICK - 1 MORE GAME

My Choice - SACK, GET SAM

Whatever there choice, I would say SACK INCE NOW! Regardless of the future before he does anymore damage.

Probably the best place for this then is in this thread?

Quite so, to the point where I am now relieved that he didn't spend the money and leave us with a massive overdraft that perhaps would have by now been called in.

Ditto - and we should all bear that in mind when we are sat here thinking we know it all.

Although, if someone was to tell me the club abstained because they knew what was coming I'd have a hard time swallowing it.

Quite so, to the point where I am now relieved that he didn't spend the money and leave us with a massive overdraft that perhaps would have by now been called in.

If we somehow stay up this season, it could prove to be a hugely important inheritance from the Ince regime.

I cant believe it has come to this.

Were all going to be breathing a sigh of relief if we don't get relegated.

Im sure if Ince stays, people will probably be patting him on the back for getting us out this sticky situation.

Doesnt matter that were going to loose all our best players due to no European football (if were lucky enough to stay in the league that is, if not they will go for cheaper).

But hey, lets all forget Ince is the person who led us to this position.

I wonder if any of our players have relegation release clauses of any type?

In the Mirror today that Ince has 5m to spend in January. Anyway know where the funds have gone? Board got some nice new cars and holidays? Not impressed. :rolleyes: Either that or they are worried what he would do with more money. Probably end up with most the MK team.

Thats rubbish he'll get the RSC money too, which will be 18 million, People are forgetting that. All the papers say thats 100% guna happen and from his recent effort in games look about right, i'm so sad, never felt so low as a rovers fan

If we use recent history as a guideline then any manager would probably only see 60-70% of any money we get for Roque.

I can't get the Nationwide "bubbly for the shareholder's meeting" advert out of my head whenever I think about the transfer money situation.

The board have got this spot on.

They know we are going down and so need to save funds for next season's promotion bid.

We cannot afford to compensate Ince and pals, never mind employ an unnecessary Premier League manager and his team.

We need to prepare for Coca-Cola football. The sales of Santa et al will also help.

Who to lead us in pastures new? Who has experience of the lower leagues and their players?

No wonder Ince was grinning as he left this morning.

BRFC an equal opportunity employer

I am sorry - but why should they do anything for you ?

I am a little lost by the constant berating of the trust - look at Burnley, Blackpool, Preston - name me another Lancs club with our level of fan base that gets the sort of support that we do. Jack left a legacy for the long term good of the club. I honestly think - if they think we are at risk of going down - they will loosen the purse strings. Not just because it protects their investment - but I sincerely believe that Jacks final wish would be to not see his beloved team relegated again.

It was such a shame that he wasn't around to see the promotion back to the Premiership - if anyone deserved it he did.

I have faith that Jack wil have ensured that everything that the trust does is for the long term good of the club - we shoudl all place our trust in Jack and his legacy :brfc:

Why should I do anything for my customers then - 'cos it's a bleedin' business! Anyone understands that. They are not doing it for me they are doing it

a. For the trust

b. For the legacy

c. for the town where the Walker millions were made

d. For the 26,000 who were prepared to cough up and turn up through thick and now are drifting away.

Doh!

I am a little lost by the constant berating of the trust - look at Burnley, Blackpool, Preston - name me another Lancs club with our level of fan base that gets the sort of support that we do. Jack left a legacy for the long term good of the club. I honestly think - if they think we are at risk of going down - they will loosen the purse strings. Not just because it protects their investment - but I sincerely believe that Jacks final wish would be to not see his beloved team relegated again.

It was such a shame that he wasn't around to see the promotion back to the Premiership - if anyone deserved it he did.

I have faith that Jack wil have ensured that everything that the trust does is for the long term good of the club - we shoudl all place our trust in Jack and his legacy :brfc:

Why should I do anything for my customers then - 'cos it's a bleedin' business! Anyone understands that. They are not doing it for me they are doing it

a. For the trust

b. For the legacy

d. For the 26,000 who were prepared to cough up and turn up through thick and now are drifting away.

Doh!

a. For the trust

b. For the legacy

Doh!

Archived