BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

Yes, Macclesfield. The rub is it was a new manager that led them out of that fight, but the new manager was Ince.

...and it was in League Two. So it doesn't really answer the original question, since we're not in that league. Or anyway near it, in fact.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's crystal-clear to me that we'll be lucky to get any change out of Stoke or Wigan. The manager doesn't have a bloody clue.

the longer it goes on the less chance we have, and it's heart-breaking to watch. We are shipping goals like bally-o and conceding another 4, or even 5, against Liverpool on Saturday will ensure we'll go into Wigan match in totally the wrong state of mind.

You have to at least compete with the top 4, we just roll over for them. it's incredible. Ince says: "Judge me after the Liverpool game", what's the Liverpool game then, a bloody friendly? He's given up the ghost on that one already, how does he expect his players to perform in it?

We desperately need just a point, anything to get us going again.

if Ince stays for the season I can't see us breaking 30 points, I really can't.

Just my tuppenthworth.....but has any team survived relegation from this sort of position?

From two points off safety? Teams have survived from that position on the last day, let alone in mid-December!

The biggest problems are the goal difference, and the fact that we don't look remotely like picking up a win anywhere anytime soon. It's not so much the position we're in now - it's the position we'll be in by Christmas if we carry on this way. At this exact moment, if we act now and get a couple of wins before Jan, we've as good a chance as anyone of staying up.

Certain members of the Rovers senior management burying their heads in the sand and hoping this works out rather than admitting their mistake is what, if anything, will relegate us.

From two points off safety? Teams have survived from that position on the last day, let alone in mid-December!

The biggest problems are the goal difference, and the fact that we don't look remotely like picking up a win anywhere anytime soon. It's not so much the position we're in now - it's the position we'll be in by Christmas if we carry on this way. At this exact moment, if we act now and get a couple of wins before Jan, we've as good a chance as anyone of staying up.

Certain members of the Rovers senior management burying their heads in the sand and hoping this works out rather than admitting their mistake is what, if anything, will relegate us.

I can't agree more. They have to act now. The idea that Ince is a long-term investment is not going to wash, it's too late to have a long-term investment come good when you've lost much more than just money from getting relegated. He might well develop into a decent manager but I can't see him performing miracles and becoming one overnight.

Just my tuppenthworth.....but has any team survived relegation from this sort of position?

Just what do the board and trustees think is going to happen? This set up is going to turn the corner and start winning games?

Are you a nutbar? We are 2 points from safety! Teams have gone on to qualify from Europe from our position!

That said do need to change the manager, but lets not be drama queens about it. It is a tight league and with the correct appointment we can climb up it.

Are you a nutbar? We are 2 points from safety! Teams have gone on to qualify from Europe from our position!

That said do need to change the manager, but lets not be drama queens about it. It is a tight league and with the correct appointment we can climb up it.

Charming...see the post above. ;)

Here's a thought.

Board sell Bentley in summer along with Hughes 15M gained, the club spends their profit on transfers. The board wanted 70M I believe its now dropped to 50M so lets say thats the Bentley and Hughes cash. RSC goes in Jan 20M, I fear it will happen he's not with us and hasn't been for a while. Some of that cash for RSC will be absorbed price drops lets say 15M, I don't see them handing out substantial funds. I wonder if they may have decided no-ones going to buy our club because they all think its over-priced, we want 70M so we'll keep the serious money and knock it off the asking price.

I wonder if we'll see a cut-price sale of Rovers in Jan? Asset strip and then quick sale, they get the money they want, surely someone would buy us for say 30-40M.

Now while I never for one minute believe what I have written a mate suggested it tongue in cheek, but you never know.

I can't agree more. They have to act now. The idea that Ince is a long-term investment is not going to wash, it's too late to have a long-term investment come good when you've lost much more than just money from getting relegated. He might well develop into a decent manager but I can't see him performing miracles and becoming one overnight.

Long term investment? There is no such thing at BRFC. If we get a bad manager we get rid, if we get a gud un he gets rid of us. Long term is for MU and the Arse only it seems.

if you think were going qualify for europe , your qualified to join Inces management team as your an obvious comedian along with Ince and his cronies

Thats not what he said. It's undeniable fact that we've still plenty to play for this season.

Infact, a decent performance against the United second string would have left us 270 mins from Europe.

...and it was in League Two. So it doesn't really answer the original question, since we're not in that league. Or anyway near it, in fact.

Actually, it does answer the original question. I don't see Premier League or top flight, or anything like that in the question.

Here's a thought.

Board sell Bentley in summer along with Hughes 15M gained, the club spends their profit on transfers. The board wanted 70M I believe its now dropped to 50M so lets say thats the Bentley and Hughes cash. RSC goes in Jan 20M, I fear it will happen he's not with us and hasn't been for a while. Some of that cash for RSC will be absorbed price drops lets say 15M, I don't see them handing out substantial funds. I wonder if they may have decided no-ones going to buy our club because they all think its over-priced, we want 70M so we'll keep the serious money and knock it off the asking price.

I wonder if we'll see a cut-price sale of Rovers in Jan? Asset strip and then quick sale, they get the money they want, surely someone would buy us for say 30-40M.

Now while I never for one minute believe what I have written a mate suggested it tongue in cheek, but you never know.

Yes you do know. No trustees can take money out like that. That is exactly why Jack put the club in a Trusteeship rather than sell it to a private concern of the type all numpties on this board seem to want. Since Jack's death the Trustees have sunk in over £45m and converted debt to equity. In effect wiping out the £110m liability caused by Jack's noble spendfest. Name me one other owner in the UK which has done more than that. Then think of the likelihood of anyone else coming in with a promise to blow £3m a year without taking a salary, a dividend or any reward for the shameful abuse heaped upon them by people on this board. Who do you think you are? The Trust refused to sell to Williams. A magnificent decision. They asked for more money from Credit Crunch Ronnie and ..guess what... was the right decision. They didnt appoint Paul Ince and they dont select the side. What they do is prevent a Ridsdale like fantasist of the type who regularly post on here blowing ridiculous sums in pursuit of the impossible. They also prevent the raping and shaming of the club in the manner of Brighton, Wrexham, and dozens of other clubs, and stop clowns like Ashley pulling nylon shirts over his poundage, declare himself a Rover and causing the ridiculing of a great club.

Have you and any of the clowns on here been close to any type of business? A whelk stall perhaps? Obviously not. And dont bleat on about relegation costing us £40m - the Trust knows that and hence their meetings and - you can bet on this - controlled but aggressive phone calls to Mr Williams.

It is absolutely your right to berate Ince or any other employee of the Rovers. But you have no right. No right at all. To question the morality and business acumen, nay the incredibly generosity of the people who own this club in the name of Jack Walker.

The Trust just wants shut of the club so they can sit on their £millions in nice safe and easy investments. The only concern they might have about relegation is how much it costs. I suspect they'll just take the money for RSC in January spend very little of it wait for relegation sell all the other players they can offload downsize to a wage bill afforded on the parachute payments downsize again in the next 2 years to a a wage bill without payments and sit on their hands as the club slides into the nether regions to play Stanley and Dale. This is now a club without a heartbeat just a Jersey beancounter. God rest Uncle Jack.

totally agree. I pointed out on this board 4 years ago that the trustees did not appear to be up to the job of honouring Jack's legacy with respect to Rovers. Had my posts edited and threatened I would be reported to my ISP for posting libellous content and breaching forum rules. Fact was the moderator clearly didn't understand the distinction between fact and libel. The truth will out, however. to their credit sparky was then appointed. so they're not all mugs. some of them certainly are.

on a side note I checked the Wikki which said Fred is on the trust? I used to see him walking his dog but I never knew he was involved with the club. can anyone confirm this?

blow £3m a year

interest earned from capital reserves. not really the skin off anyone's nose. which they failed to invest in the year just gone

Yes you do know. No trustees can take money out like that. That is exactly why Jack put the club in a Trusteeship rather than sell it to a private concern of the type all numpties on this board seem to want. Since Jack's death the Trustees have sunk in over £45m and converted debt to equity. In effect wiping out the £110m liability caused by Jack's noble spendfest. Name me one other owner in the UK which has done more than that. Then think of the likelihood of anyone else coming in with a promise to blow £3m a year without taking a salary, a dividend or any reward for the shameful abuse heaped upon them by people on this board. Who do you think you are? The Trust refused to sell to Williams. A magnificent decision. They asked for more money from Credit Crunch Ronnie and ..guess what... was the right decision. They didnt appoint Paul Ince and they dont select the side. What they do is prevent a Ridsdale like fantasist of the type who regularly post on here blowing ridiculous sums in pursuit of the impossible. They also prevent the raping and shaming of the club in the manner of Brighton, Wrexham, and dozens of other clubs, and stop clowns like Ashley pulling nylon shirts over his poundage, declare himself a Rover and causing the ridiculing of a great club.

Have you and any of the clowns on here been close to any type of business? A whelk stall perhaps? Obviously not. And dont bleat on about relegation costing us £40m - the Trust knows that and hence their meetings and - you can bet on this - controlled but aggressive phone calls to Mr Williams.

It is absolutely your right to berate Ince or any other employee of the Rovers. But you have no right. No right at all. To question the morality and business acumen, nay the incredibly generosity of the people who own this club in the name of Jack Walker.

I do not question the morality or business acumen of these people what i do question is there passion and desire for the club to be competitive in the Premier League like all true Blackburn Rovers supporters.

I do not question the morality or business acumen of these people what i do question is there passion and desire for the club to be competitive in the Premier League like all true Blackburn Rovers supporters.

Which is like saying you are for truth and against sin.

Archived