SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

Strangely, if Ince and the board had set out at the start of the season to TRY and relegate us, we wouldn't be far from where we are now! It would be too obvious to lose every game so you'd have to win at least a couple before going on an absymal run.

I can't see Schuster, Van Gaal or Mancini wanting the job. By that stage the January transfer money will have been used up paying off Ince and his cronies. I agree that we do need some sort of manager who will strike the fear of god into players and at the same time command their respect.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said a few weeks ago that he had to get some points by the end of the Wigan game and he hasn`t done.I backed him at that time as i really wanted him to succeed and hoped if we could snatch a win from somewhere,then it might set us off on a decent run of results.After watching yesterdays game at Wigan though,as soon as we went 2 goals down after the first 1/4 of an hour,every Rovers fan at the JJB knew we had lost the game.

I do think Ince might be a good prem manager in time,but he needs to build a club up from the lower divisions and do it that way.The Rovers job has come too early for him and now there can be only one course of action,he simply has to go and the sooner the better.At this moment in time,my choice would be to appoint BFS as he will motivate and get the best out of an average group of players and give us a good chance of staying up.

Hull city have an average group of players that most other clubs wouldn`t want,however they are getting results through good organisation and TBH showing a complete lack of respect for other teams reputations.They also approach every game with a will to win.

If BFS can do the same at Rovers then i have no doubt he would keep us up.

Without the search feature I cannot locate the old Dunn thread, but does anybody else feel that Ince, knowing that his job was riding on the Wigan and Stoke games, rushed Dunny back to first team football when he hadn't fully recovered?

Everything I've heard has suggested that he wouldn't be involved in first team duties until January. Suddenly he appears on the bench for this crucial game and plays a whole 45 minutes? Without meaning to go over the top here, a fit Dunn is one of very few things in our favour for surviving this season. If that muppet rushes him back, and he gets injured again, I don't feel as though we will survive this season. Actually, I feel that already, but at least he'd give us a fighting chance. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but don't criticise that I'm looking for things to blame Ince for, I could write for days on that topic already!

In all fairness,even an unfit Dunny created more when he came on yesterday than the whole team created in the entire first half.It was one game too many for Tugay and it was also confirmation that Spongebob Andrews is not capable of being a premiership player.

That's the £50 million question though ain't it...

Who's to say that the Rover's players would have any respect for Sam Allardyce? They aren't stupid and haven't been living in a plastic bubble for the past five years or so, they are well aware of his "reputation", which is not all that glowing is it?

Suspected of dodgy dealings, crap football, etc etc

Admittedly he can do a job on a shoestring budget, but what Rover's need to do now is replace Ince with an impact manager immediately, who the players will instantly look up to and respect, which in turn will galvanise them into giving their 110% from now to the end of the season on the football pitch.

What we need is the Premiership equivalent of Capello to come in and manage us, this is going to cost Blackburn Rovers in monetary terms, but the alternative is going to hit us a whole lot more in the pocket if we get relegated. If John Williams and the Board are that "passionate" about the Club then they should be pulling out every single stop to find this man and his team, cost no object, as Jack did do back then in the good 'ol days, coupled with this they have to provide the manager adequate funds for transfers, again like Jack did.

I think the next few weeks will illustrate to us the fans how much the higher echelons do actually care about the club by their future actions and if they are truly interested in carrying on Jack's legacy.

"More than enough" Aye, you're right. Ripped us off big style in his time at Ewood.

Jeez you are some piece of work! :lol:

I'll take that as a compliment Mr C.

Apologies for the poor Photoshop skills, but I've been wanting to do this since last Saturday and this week's result just tipped me over the edge. If anyone can do a "cleaner" looking version (there's a Mac plugin floating around that does it automatically if someone has a Mac) then maybe we should get flypostering.

souhopeqg6.jpg

Bloody Hell! Magnum for manager!!!!!! :lol: At least he'll be able to park his caravan close by! :rolleyes:

I've held my tong for too long, Ince must be sacked now.

Yup..... me too! -_-

Which 3 muppets voted for him to stay...

Obvious isn't it? Longsider, Sam Dingle and waggy.

I think he's getting the Stoke game but the lack of a replacement is the real concern. No-one wants to come.

Rum do and a statement of where BRFC stands currently. According to the Times Ricky Spragia (another Big Sam apprentice) has propelled himself to the fore with results since Keane left whilst waiting in the wings are Luis Van Gaal and Bernd Schuster! The Mail suggests Mancini's in for it too!

Compare that list to those interested in Ince's job! :(

Whilst it's preferable to sticking with Ince,I don't believe that Souness would save us.

A main problem seems to be poor/old fashioned coaching and it's well known that Souness isn't exactly progressive in this department.

I do think he was a good manager for us overall but had clearly lost the plot before Newcastle came calling.

He's also been out of management for too long.

Considering the teams immediately above us and our points tally, I think we are as good as relegated, whoever comes in. But we need a change.

Bloody difficult choice if we stick with your personal criteria..... I simply cannot think of any one available manager who is

a. Any good.

and

b. Black.

Suggestions please Paul........

:rolleyes:

Strangely, if Ince and the board had set out at the start of the season to TRY and relegate us, we wouldn't be far from where we are now! It would be too obvious to lose every game so you'd have to win at least a couple before going on an absymal run.

It's WBA's fault for being so crap! If they'd have manged to beat us we'd have been rock bottom for weeks now and surely the board would have had to act before now....... sorry I'd better change 'surely' to 'possibly'. :rolleyes:

I said a few weeks ago that he had to get some points by the end of the Wigan game and he hasn`t done.I backed him at that time as i really wanted him to succeed and hoped if we could snatch a win from somewhere,then it might set us off on a decent run of results.After watching yesterdays game at Wigan though,as soon as we went 2 goals down after the first 1/4 of an hour,every Rovers fan at the JJB knew we had lost the game.

I do think Ince might be a good prem manager in time,but he needs to build a club up from the lower divisions and do it that way.The Rovers job has come too early for him and now there can be only one course of action,he simply has to go and the sooner the better.At this moment in time,my choice would be to appoint BFS as he will motivate and get the best out of an average group of players and give us a good chance of staying up.

Hull city have an average group of players that most other clubs wouldn`t want,however they are getting results through good organisation and TBH showing a complete lack of respect for other teams reputations.They also approach every game with a will to win.

Good post Bacup Blue......... err apart from the bits in bold which for future reference will always suggest that your opinions are tinged with indecision.

That's the £50 million question though ain't it...

What we need is the Premiership equivalent of Capello to come in and manage us,

:lol::lol:

Thats not a 50m question...... it's a 50m answer...... and we havent got it. Are you for real? We cannot find anybody working in the Prem who would come here now ..... and I'm including Mowbray in that assessment. :rolleyes:

Good post Bacup Blue......... err apart from the bits in bold which for future reference will always suggest that your opinions are tinged with indecision.

Why is it so wrong to allow a new manager a chance? Why must everybody make an instant decision? Your instant judgement of Mark Hughes wasn't very good was it?

I think the, to press, 6 people still backing /ince should give us the arguments for him, or be named and shamed. It's either blind faith, of which he is undeserving, or there are some people seriously trolling to stir up the board.

Even Paul has seen the light!

Why is it so wrong to allow a new manager a chance? Why must everybody make an instant decision? Your instant judgement of Mark Hughes wasn't very good was it?

Instant? Really? :rolleyes:

I think it was very accurate, and an assessment that I would make again under the same criteria. If you weren't so vindictive you would agree.

:lol::lol:

Thats not a 50m question...... it's a 50m answer...... and we havent got it. Are you for real? We cannot find anybody working in the Prem who would come here now ..... and I'm including Mowbray in that assessment. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about the Manager working in the Premier League Gordon...

So what would you us rather do then, roll over and die in a mire of pessimism that you seem to be advocating.

Go on then what's your opinion / solution / miracle to the situation then, your very good at pulling everyone else's posts to pieces and appearing to be the whole knowledgeable sage around here, what do you think the Club needs to do?

:)

Archived