SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

Waggy, or anyone else in the "keep Ince camp", can you please now give us your reasons for keeping him at our club.

I am not slanting on slating anyone for their stance, but, I would LOVE to know your views after the latest incredible episode of the soap opera that is Blackburn Rovers FC on matchday.

This forum has seen many many fans realise just what has happened at the club in the past 4 months.

Now I want to balance the negativity and the positivity (if there is any left) and try and understand the one reasoning behind a Paul Ince stay of execution.

Come on guys, you know your out there (somewhere)

Ok i was in the keep ince camp but after yesterdays performance i agree a change is for the best,i still believe that some of the criticism he has recieved has been uncalled for.I also believe that changing the manager will not solve our problems whoever the new man may be the board have to back him with some serious cash come january because are squad is just simply not good enough.Im getting sick of people on here saying this is the squad that finished 7th last season,our players have been on a serious decline over the past twelve months...nelson,pederson,oojer are finished in my opinion.We seriously lack any sort of pace,we need a new rb,rm,lm,cb with pace and a creative mid.I also think it is going to be very haerd to attract a decent manager,if reports are true the transfer kitty is only 5mill which quite frankly is not enough to keep us in the league.Its not just the manager and coaching staff that arent good enough,its the players.But whoever the new man may be he will have my support 100 percent,and while ince is still in charge he can count on that support!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right.......so which is it? Difficult or easy?

Sorry T4E, I meant he has a difficult decision (first instance) in having to decide whether or not he personally believes Ince is still cut out of for the job. (wrestling with the old subconscience).

In the second instance, I refer to the reality which everybody else is aware of i.e. that he needs to be sacked and/or other peoples opinions on whether Ince should be sacked.

Pompey 0 - 3 Newcastle.

We need a miracle of West Ham-esque proportions to get us out of our current plight. Sadly we don't have a Carlos Tevez waiting in the wings. We've got Keith Andrews, Aaron Mokoena and Robbie Fowler instead.

Hasn't Fowler left? Or is the final decision of Ince's reign going to be signing him up on a new deal? Hmmm...I do wonder

Assuming he goes, who the hell are we going to get to run the team? Irrespective of whether he's manager or someone else is, the next few matches are going to be absolutely critical. We would need someone to organise the team at short notice and make those substitutions and decisions that can change games.

One of the perceived problems of the Ince regime is that his backroom staff aren't good enough. So who gets the caretaker role? Surely the whole lot would have to go with him?

There are three possibilities as far as I can see:

1. Make one of the senior players caretaker. Can only see Tugay doing this really. Not the most logical of moves and highly risky.

2. Stick with one of the Ince backroomers - as I've explained, less than ideal.

3. Get someone lined up to replace him and when it's done bar the signing of the contract start the sacking.

Thoughts?

The thing we might be forgetting however though is...

The Walker Trust have NEVER sacked a manager.

They might not know how to...they might not want to as it would reflect poorly on their decision-making...lord only knows but there must be some reason why they have uhhmmmed and ahhhed their way to the brink of relegating us.

If that is the case they need to appoint somebody to the trustees who knows about football. How can you have a group of people running a trust for a football club who do not know anything about football.

I do not know much about trusts etc - maybe Philip can comment - but I presume the trust was set up by Jack Walker to protect the interest of Rovers.

But did he appoint the individuals running the trust?

How are the individual people selected to run the trust?

How can they be removed - individuals - from the board of trustees - which I presume is what they are?

1. Make one of the senior players caretaker. Can only see Tugay doing this really. Not the most logical of moves and highly risky.

I don't believe its too risky if only for a couple of days training. Surely are board would be able to conjure up another manager by next weekend. I mean I know we're not exactly a glamorous club but we're not McDonalds either. I believe this option would work out depending circumstances etc.

I think it may be hard to attract a manager because in a lot of people's eyes its going to take a miracle to stay up. With results going the way they are its looking like we will need three wins just to get out of the bottom three and that will only work if certain sides above us lose some games.

We are in a dire, dire situation. Honestly i think we are dead and buried, the damage has been done.

I think it may be hard to attract a manager because in a lot of people's eyes its going to take a miracle to stay up. With results going the way they are its looking like we will need three wins just to get out of the bottom three and that will only work if certain sides above us lose some games.

We are in a dire, dire situation. Honestly i think we are dead and buried, the damage has been done.

The players in the first team are basically the same that finished 7th last season - any potential manager would know that as well. Yes Bentley needs replacing and other players need to be brought in - but if the club act now it is not too late. I also suggest that Rovers need a new manager BEFORE sunderland appoint theirs. Strangely, everytime a new manager is appointed at a new club, the team performs well on that first match. Rovers need that appontment now in order to recreate confidence - because at the moment losing and bad performances have become a habit.

I think Souness could be a good replacement until the end of the season - then consider options then. If Souness was given a contract until the end of the season - with financial backing from the trustees - with one task to earn a possible new contract - to keep Rovers in the prem.

I think Souness could be a good replacement until the end of the season - then consider options then. If Souness was given a contract until the end of the season - with financial backing from the trustees - with one task to earn a possible new contract - to keep Rovers in the prem.

Not sure on Souness being a good option.

I see it as flipping a coin, 50/50 chance of it working out with Souey. One of two things would happen in my opinion:

1. He comes in and instills a hard to beat, hard working ethic and we survive just.

2. His abrasive personality rubs up certain players the wrong way, we see a mass player exodus in January and we get relegated.

I agree we need to make the managerial change asap, just not sure Souness is the right option.

Not sure on Souness being a good option.

I see it as flipping a coin, 50/50 chance of it working out with Souey. One of two things would happen in my opinion:

1. He comes in and instills a hard to beat, hard working ethic and we survive just.

2. His abrasive personality rubs up certain players the wrong way, we see a mass player exodus in January and we get relegated.

I agree we need to make the managerial change asap, just not sure Souness is the right option.

At the moment he is the only one I can think of. BFS has already distanced himself from the reports in the media linking him with Rovers. So if BFS is not interested, who else is there? - my understanding from Nicko's comments, is that Souness wants the post. (sorry Nicko if I have misunderstood the situation)

Nicko are Rovers going to get rid of Ince or what. You said last week we were phoning around regarding other managers and still nothing happend, whats your views will happen at Rovers now.

Has Nicko been on here today?

At the moment he is the only one I can think of. BFS has already distanced himself from the reports in the media linking him with Rovers. So if BFS is not interested, who else is there? - my understanding from Nicko's comments, is that Souness wants the post. (sorry Nicko if I have misunderstood the situation)

Sam was on Goals on Sunday earlier, and was asked about both the Rovers and Sunderland jobs. He stated on both occasions that he'd had no contact with either club. He didn't distance himself from anything.

Has Nicko been on here today?

He was on last night - with the news that the players had jetted off to Ireland for their Christmas do! :angry2:

Sam was on Goals on Sunday earlier, and was asked about both the Rovers and Sunderland jobs. He stated on both occasions that he'd had no contact with either club. He didn't distance himself from anything.

I did not see Goals on sunday - but the distance from rovers bit came up on the ssn tab part at the bottom of the page, which also said that JW refused to comment when asked questions, with regards to Ince.

He was on last night - with the news that the players had jetted off to Ireland for their Christmas do! :angry2:

christmas should be bloody cancelled at Rovers untill the players show some bloody pride and try and get us out of this mess we are in. The blame is down to Ince he should of been fired ages ago

Heard an interesting story last night.

My friend's Dad waited for Ince outside the ground last night and shouted " Do the honourable thing and go !"

Ince walked over to him and took him to one side for a chat.

He told him Williams has said that he has to play Santa Cruz despite Santa Cruz not being committed whilst he waits for his January move and that he has to play Derbyshire, who ince thinks is too weak for starting Premiership games. The bloke said after speaking to Ince he had more respect for him and didnt realise the restraints he was working under.

Heard an interesting story last night.

My friend's Dad waited for Ince outside the ground last night and shouted " Do the honourable thing and go !"

Ince walked over to him and took him to one side for a chat.

He told him Williams has said that he has to play Santa Cruz despite Santa Cruz not being committed whilst he waits for his January move and that he has to play Derbyshire, who ince thinks is too weak for starting Premiership games. The bloke said after speaking to Ince he had more respect for him and didnt realise the restraints he was working under.

Although highly doubtful, taking your "scoop" on face value I have even less respect for Ince. If he is to live and die by results then he should be telling any interfers to let him get on with it.

Any 'honourable' manager would walk away faced with such restraints - look at Hughes stance at City.

Archived