Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe some key people have made their decision.

Now it needs the whole board to act as one on who comes in...

Daft as it sounds I think they have to be sure of that part before sacking the current manager.

If you asked me to put a fiver on it I would say Souey [plus Tugay]

But that will no doubt prompt Scotty to get the vapours and accuse me of some kind of betting scam...

I have a little bit more than that on him.

I for one would be delighted to get Souness back. I'm sure Dunn and Souness could shake hands and make up.

For me this has GS written all over it, he could start tommorrow lunch time.

Archie knox may stay though, have they not worked together before? Anyway they are both rangers boys and would think Souness would keep him on the coaching staff.

From David Murray's own mouth:

"Graeme has continued to help Rangers since he left by buying players. He is still a fan."

"It even goes beyond that. Graeme's son works for my organisation in Manchester."

Why on earth would any of the Directors want this man anywhere near Ewood Park again?

From David Murray's own mouth:

"Graeme has continued to help Rangers since he left by buying players. He is still a fan."

"It even goes beyond that. Graeme's son works for my organisation in Manchester."

Why on earth would any of the Directors want this man anywhere near Ewood Park again?

I dont see why any of that is a problem.

Conspiracy theory time.......

Maybe the fact that GS was fronting a consortium looking to buy into a club and was thwarted from buying Wolves a while back? :huh: Two birds with one stone for the trust?

From what I remember the main backer for Souey's consortium has stated he is no longer intrested in football clubs, which is probably why Soueys consortium has not been heard of for a while

Unbelievable that we won't go for Sam. Ridiculous.

We have a man who did so well at Bolton...and in hindsight did an alright job at Newcastle too...versus a guy who admittedly did well for us initially, but since then completely messed us and Newcastle up, along with various other clubs in his career.

The board are officially insane.

For me, bringing Souness back would be a bigger gamble than keeping Ince until the end of the season.

3 points out of 33, no wins in 11, 6 defeats in a row and 14 goals conceeded in our last 4 games all suggest that you are wrong.

Amo was a pittance considering what was spent that Summer. We never bought Boumsong. Ferguson was a mistake but would have stayed if Souey hadn't left.

"...Amo was a pittance considering what was spent that Summer..."

Amo: worse signing since Ally Dawson.

"...We never bought Boumsong..."

But Souness did.

So you don't object to us paying way over the odds for overpriced tat like Ferguson, Boumsong and Amoruso from Rangers if Souness returns?

:huh:

WE can't pay over the odds for anyone if we don't have any money to start with. I think if we sold santa Cruz tand Warnock to fund purchases you'd find that there was very close scrutiny of how much was spent on which players.

For me, bringing Souness back would be a bigger gamble than keeping Ince until the end of the season.

Both instances will end in relegation.

Is it just me who keeps flicking on to SSN expecting the yellow ticker to come on with the words

"BREAKING NEWS : PAUL INCE HAS BEEN SACKED AS BLACKBURN ROVERS MANAGER"

Also it makes me laugh all these so called pros saying Ince deserves more time, Thompson, Gale, Claridge etc

Love to see if Thompson were saying that if it was liverpool, we cant risk our club just because we may Hinder the

progress of Inces "managerial career"

BFS needs a phone call soon!as in NOW!

"...Amo was a pittance considering what was spent that Summer..."

Amo: worse signing since Ally Dawson.

"...We never bought Boumsong..."

But Souness did.

Amo cost £1.4m, we spent £15m that Summer.

Souness will have nothing like the money here that he had at Newcastle, talk of Boumsong is totally irrelevant.

He will be working on the type of budget that saw us sign Friedel, Neill and Tugay.

Not sure on suey didn't some of the players complain about his training ways. That he only played 5 a side.

Jansen said it. As a POSITIVE.

Amo cost £1.4m, we spent £15m that Summer.

Souness will have nothing like the money here that he had at Newcastle, talk of Boumsong is totally irrelevant.

He will be working on the type of budget that saw us sign Friedel, Neill and Tugay.

Lord Stevens didn't seem to think so -_-

I don't think there's one manager out there ( Fergie, Capello, Big Phil you name them ) that can get this squad out of the mire it's in. Along with a pitiful management team off the pitch we're too weak in too many positions on it.

Soouey seems to me to be a stop gap until the end of the season, just minimising the damage. Big Sam, who played better football with Bolton at times than most people on here gave him credit for would be my choice . Having said that some of the names linked with Sunderland job are very interesting and only one of them will get that job, how many of those would be interested in us. Getting relegated straight away won't look good on anyones C.V.

Given the fact that Sbregia is doing the business at Sunderland means they may be inclined to wait longer.

With our apparent lack of cash it doesn't look like we can buy the 3 of 4 top class players we need to drag the others into some confidence and form. A starting point would be buying a dominant no nonsense centre half who's experienced enough to organise the back line and give confidence to our goalkeeper. A John McNamee for today ,Sammy Hypia any body.

Archived