SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

This morning's lancashire telegraph reports that Ince will be hauled infront of the board to explain the performance.

More telling are Williams comments he is "very concerned" and this is the killer for me he felt "for the first time there was something missing".

Gut feeling from the above comments is that he is sacked but why give him the chance to explain himself? The more dithering and wasting of time, should just take decisive action.

Sounds to me more like he'll be given the chance to explain himself and redeem himself against Stoke.

We'll do anything to try and avoid having to pay compensation it seems.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The meeting takes place today. All i can say is i really hope he has used up all his excuses in the meeting that was held the other week (the 2 hour meeting). If he is given ANOTHER chance, you should make yourselves heard in the Stoke game, regardless of the scoreline!

Alan, Bobby, he just needs more time. ALL the pundits are saying so. The majority of the press and all the ex-pros just say "he needs more time" - in fact a lot of them are saying that it would be bang out of order is we don't give him that. Shearer actually said Ince needed more time a week ago and he still needs more time this week, therefore that we should give Ince some more time.

He was our choice in the Summer and he should be our choice now. "What has changed?" Alan asked. Well, despite our due diligence in the Summer we didn't expect Ince to be incompetent. That's a pretty big development in the scheme of things. Second major change is that we no longer seem to be able to win football matches. Again this is quite important for a football club such as Blackburn Rovers, many it's not so important for a club such as, let's say, Newcastle? Maybe they could give Ince the time he needs?

The fact that we'll be relegated if we don't change the manager doesn't seem to bother these people in the slightest. So with that in mind I fully expect an announcement later this morning.

Sounds to me more like he'll be given the chance to explain himself and redeem himself against Stoke.

God, what are we fans to think? If we win we'll get another 2 months of him and we'll be down among the deadmen. I want us to win everytime we play but this is a real sickener which tests our loyalty to the limit.

It is so obvious that Ince is totally bereft of managerial skills at the Premier League level.

Leaving Ince in charge against Stoke would be a criminally insane gamble with 3 points which the club and Trustees simply cannot be so cavalier about.

The fans have turned- the proportion backing Ince has dropped by a factor of eight since the poll run on here just three weeks ago.

Why put off the inevitable when the inevitable alternative is relegation?

if he isnt sacked today then JW should walk aswell when he finally gets the balls to get rid!

No cn, don't you know, it takes more balls to stick with him according to JW.

Like if you'd put your faith in someone to do a job , even if they were totally unqualified for it and they were failing miserably, it'd show more guts to stand back and leave them to it while everything crumbled wouldn't it? I mean , calling them in and relieving them of their duties would be easy wouldn't it?...much better to show real 'balls' and let them carry on regardless. Isn't it?

No, is it sh!te.

I fully expect him to be gone by 11am this morning or we may as well replace JW with someone or something with more backbone. A jellyfish perhaps?

I really cannot believe this. What will winning at home to Stoke prove? God forbid we dont, we are screwed. But even if we do, we are back to square one the next week. If they are basing a win at home to a promoted team as the basis for a long-term recovery from an 11 match winless streak then they are crazy! :(

Im looking at the table and if we get rid now, we have a great chance of staying up cause the mid-table is so squeezed into each other...

Spot on.

Keeping him for the Stoke game will prove nothing at all. If he cant beat Stoke at home he should be shot. If the team had battled & got a draw away to Wigan that would have proved something. As it is we know all we need to know and this dithering by JW is seriously starting to worry me. In the past i think we've had blind faith in him as chairman. The Ince appointment rang alarm bells for me from Day One (see my earlier posts, often criticised in the early days of Ince) - now we know beyond all reasonable doubt that the man just cant hack it in the Premiership - all this dithering by JW & the board makes them look like a load of old women & suggests they've lost their grip in the running of the club.

Get some balls JW and get Ince sacked for God's sake!!!!

His comments post Wigan were absolutely pathetic. Saying he has to make do with what he has got and as if to say there is nothing he could do about the result.

Getting more angry with each passing minute he is kept in the job......

Ince trying to explain himself is pointless.

How many more excuses can you have for not winning in 11 games!

1. Blame the players

2. We're a poor club

3. Lady Luck

4. The other lot were just better than us

5. The ref

6. The pitch

7. The half time pies

8. The wrong sort of leaves on the line

9. It was a full moon

10. Everyone hates me because I was a little terrier when I played for Man U, theyre just jealous Im not crap really Im great i can spit further than anyone and I dont have a chip on my shoulder oh damn I am crap arent I.. oh god if only I had the dignity to resign but i promised the missus a new porsche for christmas...

11. You're all picking on me cos I'm black (phew! cheers Oliver Holt, I nearly forgot that one!) :D

1. Blame the players

2. We're a poor club

3. Lady Luck

4. The other lot were just better than us

5. The ref

6. The pitch

7. The half time pies

8. The wrong sort of leaves on the line

9. It was a full moon

10. Everyone hates me because I was a little terrier when I played for Man U, theyre just jealous Im not crap really Im great i can spit further than anyone and I dont have a chip on my shoulder oh damn I am crap arent I.. oh god if only I had the dignity to resign but i promised the missus a new porsche for christmas...

11. You're all picking on me cos I'm black (phew! cheers Oliver Holt, I nearly forgot that one!) :D

You forgot to add number 12

I don't know what I am doing because I havn't got the badges yet, to busy on the golf course,

but that's not my fault I need some time off,

I know I think I will go on a ###### up for a few days, I am sure I could organise that!

Ince get yer coat ffs

We have our own section in the BBC gossip now!

BLACKBURN GOSSIP

Blackburn manager Paul Ince's job is hanging by a thread after their run of defeats continued against Wigan on Saturday - and former Rovers boss Graeme Souness is the clear favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)

Ince will be called into an emergency meeting on Monday or Tuesday to explain Blackburn's sixth straight defeat. (Daily Express)

Ince is likely to be sacked this week and a new manager will be in place before Saturday's game against Stoke. (Daily Mail)

Ince will ask Blackburn to let him take charge against Stoke to prove he has what it takes to turn things around at Ewood Park. (The Sun)

Souness will return on a short-term basis and his backroom staff would include popular Blackburn midfielder Tugay. (Daily Mirror)

The prospect of Souness returning has met with opposition on Blackburn's board because of the way he left the club to take charge at Newcastle in 2004. (The Guardian)

The directors at Ewood Park are split over who should succeed Ince, with ex-Bolton boss Sam Allardyce and former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley also being considered. (Daily Mirror)

Allardyce has ruled himself out of the Blackburn job if it does become vacant. (The Sun)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle is also among the contenders for the Rovers post. (Daily Telegraph)

Most of the Blackburn squad flew to Dublin for their Christmas party following Saturday's 3-0 defeat by the Latics but Ince did not join them. (Daily Mirror)

Some Rovers players, including striker Roque Santa Cruz, did not travel to Dublin either. (Daily Mail)

Why are we not managerless? I've been avoiding the board but don't get it why nothing out of the club? I honestly thought we have let him go on Sunday.

I've been wondering are their any legal eagles on the board? If so can you look up legal loopholes for not paying out Inces contract, I cannot believe we will have to pay him more money.

We have our own section in the BBC gossip now!

BLACKBURN GOSSIP

Blackburn manager Paul Ince's job is hanging by a thread after their run of defeats continued against Wigan on Saturday - and former Rovers boss Graeme Souness is the clear favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)

Ince will be called into an emergency meeting on Monday or Tuesday to explain Blackburn's sixth straight defeat. (Daily Express)

Ince is likely to be sacked this week and a new manager will be in place before Saturday's game against Stoke. (Daily Mail)

Ince will ask Blackburn to let him take charge against Stoke to prove he has what it takes to turn things around at Ewood Park. (The Sun)

Souness will return on a short-term basis and his backroom staff would include popular Blackburn midfielder Tugay. (Daily Mirror)

The prospect of Souness returning has met with opposition on Blackburn's board because of the way he left the club to take charge at Newcastle in 2004. (The Guardian)

The directors at Ewood Park are split over who should succeed Ince, with ex-Bolton boss Sam Allardyce and former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley also being considered. (Daily Mirror)

Allardyce has ruled himself out of the Blackburn job if it does become vacant. (The Sun)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle is also among the contenders for the Rovers post. (Daily Telegraph)

Most of the Blackburn squad flew to Dublin for their Christmas party following Saturday's 3-0 defeat by the Latics but Ince did not join them. (Daily Mirror)

Some Rovers players, including striker Roque Santa Cruz, did not travel to Dublin either. (Daily Mail)

Would be interesting to see if Owen Coyle fancies challenging himself at a club with a (very) limited budget. :rolleyes:

Great. We save £4 million by not sacking him but lose £40 million by getting relegated. If Ince is still at the club on Saturday it simply shows that the Board have given up all hope of staying up as well as the players. No doubt the fans will be asked to put their hands in their pockets to get down to the ground and buy tickets to support the club against Stoke. The team got great support against Wigan and repaid us with a totally inept display and then, with the exception of Tugay and Roque, the players reward themselves with two days partying in Dublin. Is it any wonder that we are a laughing stock?

Right it's 9 o clock. If Ince is not fired by 5pm John Williams is failing this club and should resign, if he cannot secure funds from the trustys and get Ince fired whats the point of him staying in the job.

Perhaps it's because he first has to employ a new manager? I agree we need to change the manager but all this "Ince must go today" stuff is nonsense. True we might be better off without a manager but there is no one to run the playing side if Ince is axed today.

The article about the 3 candidates including Coyle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...contenders.html

PLEASE, lets not go for him. He seems an emenently sensible and ambitious chap who most likely wouldn't touch the Ewood job with a very long barge pole. His snubbing us would send those six fingered half wits from The Land That Time Forgot into the sort of orgasmic raptures that would last for years.

Perhaps it's because he first has to employ a new manager? I agree we need to change the manager but all this "Ince must go today" stuff is nonsense. True we might be better off without a manager but there is no one to run the playing side if Ince is axed today.

That in itself would be a distinct improvement based on what "running the playing side" produced at Wigan.

Exactly. The board have to unanimously agree on who the new manager should be.

Archived