557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On what grounds?

Results? Tactics? Signings? He has failed on those fronts,what else is there to judge him on?

Well yeah, precisely them grounds and the fact that he's only been in the job since the summer. Supply Incey with a £50+ million transfer kitty and let him bring in more of his own players.

Anyway, I don't judge someone by the colour of their skin...just their ability

Well then it appears that you are in the minority in your business. Most of em are ignoring the footballing facts and just stirring the sh1t by stating that the fan's animosity is down to the colour of his skin. I'm sure that you must agree it's a disgraceful tactic from the gutter press gang!

Imo you should do a piece on it! :tu: Want any help?

hang on a minute - just read the guardian article on teh ending of the Walker funding posted by someone earlier (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/25/premierleague.blackburn1)

WHAT THE DICKENS??

"When he was funding Rovers to the Premier League title, some read significance into the appointment of an honorary vice-president alongside the local MP, Jack Straw: Baroness Thatcher, never noted as a supporter of football".

MAGGIE EFFIN THATCHER WAS OUR HONORARY VICE PRESIDENT??? - surely not..........

anyone?

Old and well known fact. ...... and you call yourself supporter! :rolleyes: Anyway they've redressed the balance by appointing Jack Straw to a similar position which will no doubt suit you.

I don't think he'll quite, mutual consent is probably the best we could hope for, and pay him half the compo.

What is it with this compo stuff? If I don't do my job it's "right here's your notice - take what leave you're owing and sling your hook" not "never mind how crap you are here's half what you would've got if you'd been any good" its just incredible!

Old and well known fact. ...... and you call yourself supporter! :rolleyes: Anyway they've redressed the balance by appointing Jack Straw to a similar position which will no doubt suit you.

correct once more thenodrog - i don't support BRFC at all... :rolleyes:

so, number one fan, care to enlighten me as to why the milk snatcher was our honorary vice pres? i really had no idea - it's come as quite a shock, very disspointing.

Well yeah, precisely them grounds and the fact that he's only been in the job since the summer. Supply Incey with a £50+ million transfer kitty and let him bring in more of his own players.

Unfortunately that is 10 times the amount Ince/new man will realistically get.Would you support him if Rovers got relegated under him?

What is it with this compo stuff? If I don't do my job it's "right here's your notice - take what leave you're owing and sling your hook" not "never mind how crap you are here's half what you would've got if you'd been any good" its just incredible!

Depends on the terms of your contract - which you have the chance to negotiate before taking a job. One of the few things Ince can't be blamed for.

I seem to recall her attending a game at Ewood once and getting a load of abuse. I think it was just that she was a mate of the previous Chairman to Bill Fox. I don't think there were ever any sinister undertones or reasons to get stressed. If anyone has any good conspiracy theories though post them here.

Depends on the terms of your contract - which you have the chance to negotiate before taking a job.

Depends on where you work as well, some places you can't negotiate, but what I'm really getting at is why we have to pay any compensation at all to an employee who (for whatever reason) is unable to do the job.

It's truly devastating the way this man is destroying our football club

Paul_Ince2_673266.jpg

Rarely have I felt such disgust and embarrassment with a performance as I did yesterday at the JJB stadium. It was shocking horrendous stuff. The team were a disorganised shambles and it could have easily ended up being 5-0 to Wigan. The man ultimately responsible for the shambolic mess this season is Paul Emerson Ince.

Every day that Ince survives as Rovers manager is another knife in our heart and another nail in our coffin. No wins in eleven games and just 3 points from our last 33 is shameful and equivalent to Derby County last season.

The team are rudderless, leaderless and a disgrace. I'm embarrassed and ashamed that Paul Ince was appointed as our manager in the summer. He is killing our football club. The horrible sick feeling in my stomach that I had watching yesterday's shambles reminded me of how I felt during the final games of our relegation season of 1998/99.

Do the players feel the same pain? Well it seems as if they couldn't wait to get on the plane to Ireland to have their Christmas drinks party and knees-up.

It's a very sad state of affairs. Appointing an unqualified inexperienced man who is out of his depth at this managerial level was a recipe for disaster.

Back in June I watched the online broadcast of Ince's press conference when John Williams admitted to the media that appointing Ince was "a gamble". This weekend Mr Williams needs to reflect on that decision in the summer and come to a quick conclusion that appointing Ince was a disastrous gamble that has backfired spectacularly badly.

It's time for Mr Williams to hold his hands up and admit that he got it badly wrong in the summer. Our club is staring at the abyss, with a massive battle on our hands to survive. This is not a time for faint hearts or for more dithering.

Ince simply has to go. Ten years ago this arrogant inarticulate man slated Blackburn Rovers and this season, with his ineptitude, he is rapidly destroying our football club.

£50 million? If it takes that for a manager to succeed, then they were clearly the incorrect appointment.

Depends on where you work as well, some places you can't negotiate, but what I'm really getting at is why we have to pay any compensation at all to an employee who (for whatever reason) is unable to do the job.

Everything is negotiable - even if sometimes it might not seem like it. Depends on what you have to offer and what you have to gain. You could decline to take the job. Rovers should have inserted some clauses in there to protect us from this sort of scenario. If Ince didn't like it then he didn't need to take the job. If we don't have any such clauses Ince (or his associate, if he had one) was a better negotiator than Williams.

Dingle alert!

:rover:

No chance - he is from the generation of money obsessed footballers. He will put money before the fans, the club and that little bit of pride he has left.

Have to be honest....if it involved millions of pounds then I would do the same thing too!

More fool Rovers for not having a six month get-out clause for such an inexperienced manager. Ince was so desperate for the job I cannot see him turning it down over that.

Given the way the Premier League is shaping up, especially after this weekends results, I honestly think we've missed the boat already. Rather than appoint a guy for what may be a fruitless attempt to keep us up I'd be looking at a manager who can get us out of the championship at the first time of asking next season.

It's understandable that people feel that we've already had it because of the run we're on.

If you step back and look at the number of games left and then look at what Fulham did last season,the truth is we can still survive,(though the Board must act NOW).

However,I agree that we should be looking forwards with the replacement,hence why I don't want Souey back.

Brownie, i waited outside the ground after the match. I heard a man shout the same words you have spoken of on here. He however did not shout them at Paul Ince, Ince never got on the coach neither did Matthias and according to a stweard was taken to his car a long time before the coach even left. I was stood there for a good 90minutes in the cold so that story to me seems to be a wind-up.

A week later the disciples were again at the stadium, and this time, Brownie's dad's friend was there.

Ince came and stood among them and then he said to Brownie's dad's friend , "… see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe." Brownie's dad's friend finally believed.

Then Ince said, it is good you believed, but blessed are those who have not seen me and believe.

Well then it appears that you are in the minority in your business. Most of em are ignoring the footballing facts and just stirring the sh1t by stating that the fan's animosity is down to the colour of his skin. I'm sure that you must agree it's a disgraceful tactic from the gutter press gang!

Imo you should do a piece on it! :tu: Want any help?

The timing of the original 'race' article was interesting. It came just as cracks were starting to show behind the scenes. I could never understand that stuff about 'giving the manager more slack' because at the time there was no real criticism.

Those turned into chasms quite quickly. The problems that those keeping an eye on things knew about became obvious with results.

However there have been some shameful comments and phrases used on here in the past few weeks and you can't take any satisfaction out of that.

There are plenty of sticks and stones you could use against the manager at the moment...but some of the names don't do anyone any favours.

Well I for one have NEVER been a fan of Ince since he was signed on. Its not that I didn't like him that caused me not to back him, it was his obious and very real lack of experance in the top flight.

Now I know that when sparky was brought in he had little experance up top but he at least had international experance and did well with wales. Like most people on here I have all but lost hope. I find myself no longer getting up earliy in the morning (4am-5am) to watch Rovers play. I dont because I dont want to watch my beloved team yet lose again and be driven into the lower leauges by some idiot who for what ever reason hasn't been fired yet.

Maybe there waiting for us to get religated drop to the lower leauges get ince some more experance, THEN in 5-6 years after all our top players have left and Rovers become a distant memory of the top flight, maybe then under the watchful and wise guidance of Ince will we make a run at coming back up to the top flight. I just hope the next time I make a trip out there I won't be buying a ticket to watch Rovers v PNE and read a bunch of advertisments about how "THIS IS OUR BIGGEST SEASON EVER!!!".

I won't EVER stop supporting Rovers and still feel that we will stay up. But Ince must go and not just sake of the club but for the sake of all Rovers fans everywhere. I like many on this board think the JW has to have relized that he gambled and lost. I won't know what to think if come next weekend v Stoke Ince is still at the helm. If that is the case then I have to think that maybe, aside from sacking Ince we should start looking for a new board as well.

Archived