557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lack of any credible replacement.

As others have said, anybody would be better than Ince. If it means sacking him now, and putting somebody in as caretaker for a small period then so be it. They can't do any worse than Ince, it's impossible to. Just please don't let those people be Knox or Matthias!

Stating your view that a rookie manager, fresh out of League 2, wont cut it in The Premier League and then repeating it ad nauseam does not qualify you as a football Nostradus. Much as you appear to think it does.

If it was so obvious it does not say much about JWs ability in appointing a manager. ;)

He was French. :P

Who said he wasn't? You must have been thinking of Rasputin.^_^

I propose that roversfanuk be given the managers job,the nodrog to be made assistant and finally Jimmk2 to be named as chairman!

May as well. The worst that could happen is that we might get relegated 1 position lower. Otherwise the only way is up. :tu:

After the Sunderland debacle i set set a target of getting some points by the end of the Wigan game.Obviously that hasn`t happened and i decided no longer to support Ince in the role of Rovers manager.

Quite how that makes me indecisive though is a mystery.. :huh:

Obvious! Your management dithering would also have got us 5 points adrift with the point of no return ever closer. I am gobsmacked that you can still try to salvage some credit from your ill considered judgement over the past 6 months. Notwithstanding nicko's version the Sunderland debacle should have been the final straw for our board.

Bloody difficult choice if we stick with your personal criteria..... I simply cannot think of any one available manager who is

a. Any good.

and

b. Black.

Suggestions please Paul........

:rolleyes:

I can only be bothered replying to this, because it implies I wanted Ince as manager and as you know I preferred BFS over Ince.

Another lie, which you won't apologise for making.

They had a backroom with significant premiership and international experience. We have Archie and Ray!

Names to strike terror into the hearts and minds of the opposition. No wonder every other Premier manager are queing up to say " Don't sack Incy"....( they want to be sure of another 3 points!)

No pace..no passion..no courage .. (" no pressure now ..we are expected to lose every game!"-Incy)..no intelligence..no heart..we really are the straw team !

• Backroom

You know what, I'm scared. I'm scared this board are too spineless to make the right move for fear of backlash from the media.

I think they will give him the Stoke game and hope for a fans backlash and then they can say the fans made their decision for them.

I hope I'm wrong.

Who said anything about the Manager working in the Premier League Gordon...

So what would you us rather do then, roll over and die in a mire of pessimism that you seem to be advocating.

Go on then what's your opinion / solution / miracle to the situation then, your very good at pulling everyone else's posts to pieces and appearing to be the whole knowledgeable sage around here, what do you think the Club needs to do?

:)

Well I am still waiting Gordon for the thread to supply the answers to the question I posed to you above ^

:)

Who said he wasn't? You must have been thinking of Rasputin.^_^

May as well. The worst that could happen is that we might get relegated 1 position lower. Otherwise the only way is up. :tu:

Obvious! Your management dithering would also have got us 5 points adrift with the point of no return ever closer.

How exactly have i dithered? Unlike you i give people a chance,i set a target that i felt Ince had to achieve and he hasn`t done it.A result of which means i no longer support Ince as our manager,that sounds very decisive to me.

I am gobsmacked that you can still try to salvage some credit from your ill considered judgement over the past 6 months.

Why would i feel the need to salvage some credit? I`m not interested in trying to prove somebody wrong all the time by ripping people`s posts to shreds like you are doing,just because you don`t agree with what people say.

You know what, it wouldn't surprise me if the board consider Stoke the 'make or break' game. It's at home against a team we could pull into the dogfight, and a game we should be looking to win. It's just depressing that this man has bought himself game after game when we've already got one foot in the Championship. The team is not organised, or motivated, and that's not gonna change within another week under Ince.

They had a backroom with significant premiership and international experience. We have Archie and Ray!

Doesn't matter.

We could lose 6 games in a row if we had no managment team at all and the tea lady was in charge of substitutions. We are now in so desperate a situation that not having Ince in charge is more important than who replaces him.

Thats a very dangerous position if we are looking to make a long term appointment, but it just might work out if we can get someone in to give us a lift until the end of the season.

We will get relegated with Ince in charge. We might not with someone else in charge.

With an average squad whose confidence is obviously low what we need now is a manager who will make us hard to beat and get the best out of our players, and I hate to say that manager is Sam Allardyce. I hated to guy at Bolton but he is the only man who can get us out of this mess, plus he is readily available and he won't cost us any compensation. Pull your finger out Williams, we're running out of time.

He's still here?

Christ...Rovers, quit stalling and sack him! There's no need to wait any longer, there's no need to wait for Monday to do the deed!

Looks like they are just NOT going to do it, and we're stuck with the guy until relegation and beyond.

The hope is that they're in negotiation with his replacement right now and will announce him at the same time as the dismissal, as Spurs did. It's unlikely though.

I said last week we should keep Ince on as the players looked like they really wanted to play for him. All week there was the expectation that it would turn around against Wigan, but the balloon burst within 15 minutes of the game.

I feel sorry for Ince, I still don't think he's fully to blame. We have some bad players too who have been on the decline for a year now.

The Chairman said we need 9 wins from 22, I'm saying 10 from 17 as I can't see this squad getting anything away at the "Big 4". That's a huge task for a team in freefall deviod of creativity, and with a fanbase growing ever inpatient. Even if Ince goes I doubt a replacement could steer us away. However every season there is always 1 team that defies the odds and stays up as well as another 1 or 2 that head the opposite way. Here's hoping.

I feel sorry for Ince, I still don't think he's fully to blame. We have some bad players too who have been on the decline for a year now.

Ridiculous. So these players have gone from top-seven material to Championship quality within three months? The squad would cushion into mid-table if they were on a steady decline.

The squad has been destroyed by a clueless manager, backroom staff, and lower league signings.

Ridiculous. So these players have gone from top-seven material to Championship quality within three months? The squad would cushion into mid-table if they were on a steady decline.

The squad has been destroyed by a clueless manager, backroom staff, and lower league signings.

Topman, notice the word fully. He's doing something wrong; maybe that was appointing a very average backroom staff. Maybe the players are still shell shocked from losing Hughes, Friedel, and Bentley. I know that the manager takes the ultimate blame but based on what I've been watching the players aren't helping.

You know what, I'm scared. I'm scared this board are too spineless to make the right move for fear of backlash from the media.

I think they will give him the Stoke game and hope for a fans backlash and then they can say the fans made their decision for them.

I hope I'm wrong.

There was a backlash yesterday TCO, IMO there were a good 1000 shouting for his head at one point. Unfortunately there are still the odd few who want to blame everyone bar the manager, one of whom I had a frank exchange of views with. He was adamant the manager's not to blame for individual mistakes yet when I asked him why we have gone from 7th to 19th in 6 months he just said 'I don't want to argue with you'.

I just wish that these fools realised that they are part of the problem and put some energy behind removing the idiot in charge.

And before I get accused of not supporting the team, the support given by all of us yesterday was as good as I can remember, albeit with a pervading sense of doom.

Archived