Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the Hell is Williams postponing the inevitable and making it even less likely that any points will be won in the next 2 matches - which looking at the table really are the last-chance saloon. The compensation won't be any less in 2 weeks time than it is today.

New manager must come in now and instill belief, confidence or FEAR I frankly don't care which.

The next 3 games are winnable and must be won or we don't drag anybody down near us - Stoke (home) Sunderland (away) City at home

Follow this up with some shrewd signings (like a new back 4!)

We then play Fulham (A) Newcastle (H) Bolton (H) and Middlesborough (A)

Again the possibility of a couple of wins and a draw...

We then have some stinkers for the next 2 months where frankly, if we get anything (Hull being the exception- they've got to start crumbling at some point!) it will be a bonus

In the run in we have away games at City and Stoke and 3 home games - Portsmouth, Wigan and WBA (we'll dismiss chelsea altogether) Win the home games and pick up a point or 2 away and we should break 40 pts.

Still some hope there but it starts with Stoke on Saturday and will be finished on Saturday if Ince is still in charge.

Well I am still waiting Gordon for the thread to supply the answers to the question I posed to you above ^

:)

OK Dokey sysagent but you read this from the summer ...........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ju...ague.blackburn1

............ and then come back on here and tell us all how we are going to attract the Premier Leagues 'Capello' (whoever that is) to take up the reins at Ewood Park. :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll quite, mutual consent is probably the best we could hope for, and pay him half the compo.

No chance - he is from the generation of money obsessed footballers. He will put money before the fans, the club and that little bit of pride he has left.

My main concern is the Stoke match. Crikey, I can easily see them scoring 2-3 goals against us and us scoring 1 at most. I'm deeply concerned because this should really be 3 points for us - but at this rate, it won't be.

Cheer up! Sidibe looked like he will be out for some time and Delaps damaged pecs appeared to be preventing him throwing the ball long so it looks like it will be 0-0 next week.

I wouldn't totally blame JW. He has a difficult decision, at the end of the day Ince was his choice and he needs to stick by him to some extent especially in the media.

What have the media got to do with anything? Running a football club certainly does not mean asking media permission to make decisions.

Oh and by the way...

.........how many black football journalists are there Mr Holt ?????????????????

They all seem to be white middle aged men from red brick universities to me.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I certainly don't know of one. I wonder if Nicko knows of any black newspaper or sports editors are currently employed in the popular press?

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I certainly don't know of one. I wonder if Nicko knows of any black newspaper or sports editors are currently employed in the popular press?

I don't know - most are just voices on a phone.

Anyway, I don't judge someone by the colour of their skin...just their ability

christmas should be bloody cancelled at Rovers untill the players show some bloody pride and try and get us out of this mess we are in. The blame is down to Ince he should of been fired ages ago

:D

Christmas is cancelled every year at football clubs gaz cos there is usually a match on Boxing Day.

hang on a minute - just read the guardian article on teh ending of the Walker funding posted by someone earlier (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/25/premierleague.blackburn1)

WHAT THE DICKENS??

"When he was funding Rovers to the Premier League title, some read significance into the appointment of an honorary vice-president alongside the local MP, Jack Straw: Baroness Thatcher, never noted as a supporter of football".

MAGGIE EFFIN THATCHER WAS OUR HONORARY VICE PRESIDENT??? - surely not..........

anyone?

hang on a minute - just read the guardian article on teh ending of the Walker funding posted by someone earlier (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/25/premierleague.blackburn1)

WHAT THE DICKENS??

"When he was funding Rovers to the Premier League title, some read significance into the appointment of an honorary vice-president alongside the local MP, Jack Straw: Baroness Thatcher, never noted as a supporter of football".

MAGGIE EFFIN THATCHER WAS OUR HONORARY VICE PRESIDENT??? - surely not..........

anyone?

The great lady most certainly was.

Although i am not sure when she stopped being so.

There is the infamous Darren Lewis but it's a shrewd point.

A post Ossydave made on the last page has popped a question into my head. If Ince was to come out and admit his failings, ditch his backroom staff (mainly Knox, Matthias and, if he's ever there, Winterburn) and bring in someone credible as a number 2 (a Brian Kidd type maybe) would he buy himself any more support/time?

Archived