SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince Gone

Back or Sack  

557 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Back
    • Sack

Perhaps it's because he first has to employ a new manager? I agree we need to change the manager but all this "Ince must go today" stuff is nonsense. True we might be better off without a manager but there is no one to run the playing side if Ince is axed today.

I know i might get laughed at for saying this, but, i would sack Ince now and have Archie Knox and Tugay manage the Stoke game if a new manager hasn't been appointed yet...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps it's because he first has to employ a new manager? I agree we need to change the manager but all this "Ince must go today" stuff is nonsense. True we might be better off without a manager but there is no one to run the playing side if Ince is axed today.

Sack the lot today get it done send the right message. We have other coaches at the club, spurs put Inglethorpe in charge after Ramos (Youth coach) so we could do similiar Downes or the reserve coach can steer the ship for the time being.

We need to act with purpose, not drag our feet.

Rovers have sacked loads of managers mid season, without, as far as I can remember, having anyone lined up to replace them.

All the club have to do, is pick someone to take charge temporarily, who will come in, raise the spirits, change the training routine and pick the team on Saturday. That's all TP used to do. It's the raising of spirts and the change of routine that works short term.

Rovers have sacked loads of managers mid season, without, as far as I can remember, having anyone lined up to replace them.

All the club have to do, is pick someone to take charge temporarily, who will come in, raise the spirits, change the training routine and pick the team on Saturday. That's all TP used to do. It's the raising of spirts and the change of routine that works short term.

Look at Sunderland.

Sack the lot today get it done send the right message. We have other coaches at the club, spurs put Inglethorpe in charge after Ramos (Youth coach) so we could do similiar Downes or the reserve coach can steer the ship for the time being.

We need to act with purpose, not drag our feet.

I know what you mean but I wouldn't leave anybody from our "youth set up" :lol: in charge of a whelk stall.

Got today off work, so waiting patiently for some news.

Would love to hear Ince trying to explain himself in front of the board today. I can hear him now, "Listen, we came into this late on in the summer, with no time to get signings in. International breaks have killed us as a club, completely ruined us. We need massive investment in January. Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle to manage these players etc etc

and just to add to that last post of mine, - I would be far more confident of a win against Stoke with that scenario, than if Ince was to be hanging around any longer. The fans would react to the situation far more positively as well. No more booing or falling out with each other. This is the only way forward as far as I'm concerned.

Gives the board more time to find a replacement as well.

I know i might get laughed at for saying this, but, i would sack Ince now and have Archie Knox and Tugay manage the Stoke game if a new manager hasn't been appointed yet...

I have heard that the players don't like Archie Knox taking training as they don't even get a sweat on. also has Tugay started his coaching badges yet.

Got to agree with Den, you could Tugay in charge or Gary Bowen. It doesn't matter, it's just for a couple of weeks. I bet teh training would be better, too. fk it, I could take training and it would be better.

And just having agent Ince out of the building would give them a massive boost.

I can't believe how indecisive this board is, it's almost like they *want* us to go down.

Interesting comments from Gary Megson before the Villa game this past weekend.

He said the last time they played Villa and lost 4 nil (this was when he first took over at Bolton), that he was shocked at the coaching/preperation of the team. It was after that game he decided to make changes to his back room staff to improve the situation. One of those changes was sacking Archie Knox.

Where's Tony Diamond Inc?

The bloke who was slagging everyone off for having no faith in Paul Ince.

Prob enjoying the view from the Longside this season. :rolleyes:

The article about the 3 candidates including Coyle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...contenders.html

Kin Allardyce stands out like a beacon amongst that lot.

My goodness, the Official Site is deafly silent! Really hope something happens today!

The more and more i think about it, the more i cannot understand the logic of keeping Ince at the club!

I cant understand how he can go into this meeting, with a large group of professional businessmen and expect to keep his job.

If he is still at the club after this meeting, then i think it is painfully clear what trouble this club is in! Even more so then our manager... :huh:

Whats the story with the board? Does JW overrule its decisions? He has to be losing it if the board want him to go and he still wants to keep Ince?

He might have showed that he likes to stick behind a manager, but he is being made to look like a fool with Ince in charge

Much lip service is paid by the board and John Williams in particular about Jack Walker' legacy, Jack Walker's wishes, Jack Walkers ambitions for the club etc etc. Does anybody doubt that if Jack Walker were alive he'd have replaced Ince weeks ago?

Once a person is found to be incompetent and not dismissed the incompetence then switches to his employers.

yeah have to agree just heard some rather distressing news check out the link below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...t.html?ITO=1490

I have to say after this he has to go what has happened to discipline what has happened to Ince putting his foot down after this he has lost all my respect for him he is just a joke nice to see however Roque and Tugay staying behind shows they have true feelings and really care about the perilous position we find ourselves in and after some of his performances I think it is evident that Roque is carrying an injury but asked to go out and play through the injury just hope whoever is in charge for Stoke gets a better performance out of them very disappointed with the the ones that left to party!

yeah have to agree just heard some rather distressing news check out the link below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...t.html?ITO=1490

I have to say after this he has to go what has happened to discipline what has happened to Ince putting his foot down after this he has lost all my respect for him he is just a joke nice to see however Roque and Tugay staying behind shows they have true feelings and really care about the perilous position we find ourselves in and after some of his performances I think it is evident that Roque is carrying an injury but asked to go out and play through the injury just hope whoever is in charge for Stoke gets a better performance out of them very disappointed with the the ones that left to party!

You know Brian Clough got everyone to party before the final against Untied :lol:

Even the LET can't put a positive spin on the situation - Ince is on the brink at Blackburn Rovers

not least the 12 Father Christmases, who I thought sung their hearts out and really got behind the side.

“They paid their 20 pounds after reading the same stuff about the togetherness and they came out to show the team their support. They gave the team a great welcome onto the pitch and they must be bitterly disappointed

These 12 father christmases will be the reason why Ince gets the sack today and don't get the Stoke game. I felt awfully sorry for them aswell. They wanted to celebrate with Santa on the pitch.

Archived