BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United Preview

For all his critics,`spongebob` Andrews played well when Grella came on and played a couple of good balls into the box as the second half wore on,he also set up the move for the third goal too.I think a lot of whether he plays well or not is down to who plays alongside him.

Why do people called him 'Spongebob'?

Anyway, I think the lads might have been rusty in the first half after no competitive football for a couple of weeks. What matters is we came to life in the second half and brushed Newcastle aside.

What horrible irony that our two key players in midfield are both crocks. We'll just have to enjoy them while we can.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do people called him 'Spongebob'?

Anyway, I think the lads might have been rusty in the first half after no competitive football for a couple of weeks. What matters is we came to life in the second half and brushed Newcastle aside.

What horrible irony that our two key players in midfield are both crocks. We'll just have to enjoy them while we can.

ironic?

unfortunate

I'm sorry but that's ludicrous. Everyone is entitled their opinion but Andrews is at least 2 leagues above his level.

He simply failed to influence the game at all.

Watch football first and count his touches. You won't need your toes. :lol:

Not at the game, but reading all the Andrews comments, they have ranged from worst performance in a Rovers shirt to best performance so far with a few in between. Just goes to show there are no facts about who plays well or not, only perceptions, which I guess is why we spend hours posting and talking about our players .

Not at the game, but reading all the Andrews comments, they have ranged from worst performance in a Rovers shirt to best performance so far with a few in between. Just goes to show there are no facts about who plays well or not, only perceptions, which I guess is why we spend hours posting and talking about our players .

IMO Keith Andrews will be a much more effective player if he is able to respond to some quality coaching. He is very fit for a player coming from league 2 and his commitment is second to none. However, he is hopelessly out of position too often. If he is bright enough to learn ( and not too old to learn!) he could be a useful squad player. One thing's for sure, slagging him off on matchday is pretty moronic, because if the rest of the team gave as much effort we would have another 10 points on the board.

He did what he always does. The lad doesn't lack commitment, or indeed an engine, but technically he's lacking at this level. He can play a few passes, but he can't stamp his authority on the game. At the moment his athleticism (and the fact he's fit!) is getting him games over other players under Allardyce.

Followed by a lot of cheering, then a "ROQUE" chant...

Utterly bizarre behaviour to boo the guy. He's our best striker by a country mile and could quite easily end up staying.

DISAGREE 100% - Benni is a far better player if on form.

My reading off the Roque booing was that when he came on fans wanted to make him aware that they were unimpressed with the comments that he had been making in the press once that point had been made fans backed him as he was wearing the shirt and seemed committed as ever.

I saw it exactly the same way too. It was like we said "Were not happy with you, but if you stay you will be a hero"

us, manky, chelski, weds and the millwall in an accumilator = good times!!!!

I had 2-0 Benni to score 1st @ 25/1 but im happier with the 3 goals.

As well as the penalty, I think Styles may have been influenced by the crowd for the sending off. He could have let it go and he was certainly taking his time talking to Butt, but I think the crowd reaction meant there was no other option.

He might have taken some time to show Butt the cards but he pointed to the dressing room straight away - he made his mind up on the spot.

What I couldn't understand at the time was why the Newcastle defenders were so upset with Roberts re the sending off. He didn't seem to do anything in the build up when I saw it live and I couldn't see anything on Match of The Day either.

Yeah styles pointed and mouthed to him to go way before he pulled the card out.

Butt should also get another game added to his ban for his disent at kicking the ball away after too! I bet he had a smashing time back in the dressing room.

New Norwich manager :o

Don't panic Boothroyd's got it.

Roberts seems out to make some of us eat our words, good it can only benefit the team.

Most impressed today defensively although in the first half there where one or two hairy moments overall we have improved. Defending as a team, compact, banks of four, classic.

Surprised we didn't switch to 451 to shut up shop in the final 5 minutes. <_<

On current form in the Prem (since Sam came, last 4) we would be joint 5th, stark turnaround.

Any news on Samba??

3rd goal was a good team move.

I'm just glad its in our hands we're on form and the rest are in freefall, now we just need to grasp the oppurtunity.

PS put a cheeky fiver on WBA to be the first team who are bottom after crimbo to stay up (at least i think they'll be the first)

Excellent result and great to be out of the relegation places. Bolton next, win that one and other results go as anticipated and we could climb another 3 or 4 places while dragging another team into trouble.

I can't see the opinion that Newcastle domainated the first half, I felt we saw two very poor performances from sides at the wrong end of the table. At half time I was thinking if Ince was manager we'd be hearing a different crowd response. Neither side seemed to have a clue for the first hour, the penalty changed everything. It was a clear foul from our position and a very well taken penalty from Benni. After the goal Rovers got better, showed more confidence and Newcastle simply imploded. We shouldn't get too carried away but this result is very significant in terms of confidence, league position and goal difference. We are rapidly catching those around us though the gap below Rovers is minute.

It was said the club needed nine wins to avoid relegation. We have two plus two extra points from the draws against City and Sunderland. It's looking good for the moment.

I've never been a Sam Allardyce fan, always thought of him as a bit of a second hand car salesman. I do like the way he's setting up the team, his quick assessment of what needed to be done and the no nonsense put it in row Z defending. It's good to see that when we get the chance the ball is on the floor and we look to play football. Early days but I'm hoping Sam is not going to be all long ball, direct maybe but it's looking better thna I expected.

Someone has to buy Dunn a razor.

Archived