BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle United Preview

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, when was the last time we scored 3 without reply? The subs really did the biz today, having a creative and holding midfield is so crucial to the way Sam likes to play. Now I undedrstand why so many teams lost to Sams' Bolton without playing too badly...including us!

Stoke.

But apart from that it's been ages!

I don't like the guy but I've never been so happy with a Lampard goal, Stoke lose as well!! Barring the West Brom result its gone great for us so far this weekend!!!

Captain of my fantasy team as an added bonus.

LAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

sorry...

ROBERTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS

sorry...

amazing night of football, and to think I canceled a night out with the girl for it :rover::brfc:

hahhaahahahahahaa come on chelsea, ive jsut won a few hundred on my coupon!!!!!!!!!!

Well done mate! I won f'all but very happy, lets all have a p*ss na na naa naaa! I hear Big Sam want to bring in a sports psychologist, I think that could be a bog answer to some of our problems, after the pen we were a different team, so it must be half down to confidence.

Amazing end to the games with Stoke conceding 2 in injury time like that.

Means we are not only out of the bottom 3 but stay out of the bottom 3 regardless of what 20th placed Spurs do tomorrow.

I'll have another go at the Rovers crowd- couldn't boo Ince but they boo Roque.

LAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

sorry...

ROBERTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS

sorry...

amazing night of football, and to think I canceled a night out with the girl for it :rover::brfc:

Take her out for a meal to celebrate mate ;)

Great result, much better second half display. Newcastle just fell apart. Grella does look like he can make a real difference, Dunn too. But can they stay fit?

Only downer is the direct style. I have nothing against using set pieces - ther are infinately better than any of the ones we have used under the last few managers and they will yield goals. However the extrodinary "hoof-and-hope" tactics employed in open play in the first hour were utterly atrocious. I have been impressed by how we have mixed good shape with a variety of passing and movement against Man City, Sunderland and Stoke. Today there was little evidence of this beofre we got a fortuitous penalty.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I want the Bolton set pieces and organisation, but better passing and ball retention.

A section booed Roque but the rest began cheering him for the next few minutes and he acknowledged it.

MOVING ON...

Great second half. We scored in the right time. Actually the turning point was Benni's freekick as it gave us belief.

Pedersen was magnificent today and I thought Andrews had his most assured match in our shirt to date.

Im delighted. Its still too tight at the bottom amazingly...But if we keep this up against the sides around us we will keep on improving.

Bottom line for everyone is this. We are on the up, whilst Boro, Pompey, Stoke are in freefall and a number of other sides are out of sorts to a degree.

And Grella was very very good, rushing the opposition and closing them down at every opportunity. If he stays fit, he will be a definite starter.

Great result, much better second half display. Newcastle just fell apart. Grella does look like he can make a real difference, Dunn too. But can they stay fit?

Only downer is the direct style. I have nothing against using set pieces - ther are infinately better than any of the ones we have used under the last few managers and they will yield goals. However the extrodinary "hoof-and-hope" tactics employed in open play in the first hour were utterly atrocious. I have been impressed by how we have mixed good shape with a variety of passing and movement against Man City, Sunderland and Stoke. Today there was little evidence of this beofre we got a fortuitous penalty.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I want the Bolton set pieces and organisation, but better passing and ball retention.

AS I said earlier it's a confidence thing, I know Newcastle heads dropping after the pen will have helped, but we were a different team once that decision went out way, but another 10 minutes we would have scored another couple.

At this point in the season, with so much at stake... I don't care how it's done... as long as the scoreline reads...

ROVERS 3 Opposition 0

the first half was depressing, but once we got confidence, we where on a whole different level. a clean sheet as well :rolleyes:

Archived