BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wantaways

dj54nna

Wantaways will cost livelihoods

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but how many 'wantaways' are we talking here? Excluding Roque obviously.

The Axe because he was supposed to go to Sheff Utd until Bert got crocked? Zurab because he doesn't play many games due to his extreme inconsistency?

Any others? Are we facing a massive squad exodus in the summer?

Mokoena was another who nearly went on deadline day according to tonights LET

Wasnt Moko quoted as saying he was hoping for a move in order to get first team football?

Mentioned him already...

Do we assume these players who weren't happy under Ince would still rather be elsewhere?

Wasnt Moko quoted as saying he was hoping for a move in order to get first team football?

What's it matter who wanted to go? If you're at a struggling club and possibly not even getting a game you might well want out. Who wouldn't? However, there's no possibility of their going now and by Summer things could be very different. Worst case scenario we get relegated and need to sell anyway so we'll be relieved to be rid of some higher earners. The players will need to do reasonably well in a poor team to be the ones that people want to buy. Best scenario. We stay up and the players decide that they actually enjoy playing for Rovers in which case we let the manager sell those he wants rid of and can find suitable buyers for and we spend some if not all of the revenue they bring in on players the manager thinks he can work better with.

What's it matter who wanted to go?

It doesn't really, none of them can do anything about it now anyway.

I was just wondering if anyone knew about any other troublemakers trying to engineer themselves moves away from the club during the window. We didn't hear anything publicly apart from little bits from Zurab and Mokoena about first team football and I respect them for coming out and saying it. It's the sneaky buggers who might have kept schtum I'm interested in. It's nice to know who the club's friends are at a time like this.

I know many of you don't trust my sources but for what it's worth...

Nine players' agents had approached another club during the agonies at the end of the Ince tenure. The defence argument from the Ince-supporters at that time was that happens all the time around a transfer window.

During the window itself (ie with Sam in charge), I heard of no agents representing our players approaching that same club even though they were one of the most active during the window and at various times had five of our players on their long lists of possible targets. Although that club was accused of dirty dealings by many others, it appears they didn't try mixing it with Sam and the one approach they actually did make was pretty straight.

Nine players' agents had approached another club during the agonies at the end of the Ince tenure. The defence argument from the Ince-supporters at that time was that happens all the time around a transfer window.

A situation that I predicted on here on the day that Ince was appoointed.

On the bright side the lack of interest for all but one of them must serve as a reallity check for them and their sh1tstirring agents! Maybe playing for BRFC in the prem is not as bad as the little darlings thought.

What an effective manager Sam is. Its fantastic to see the players getting the tough messages. Evertime they walk around Ewood Park now they are reminded of thier responsibilities!

You can't be the manager and then be the players best friends, we respect those who tell us straight the most.

You can't be the manager and then be the players best friends, we respect those who tell us straight the most.

Take note Paul Ince.

Steven Reid the other evening on Radio Lancs was saying how he had a great personal relationship with Ince. Dunn as well has said previously that he was good 'pals' with our previous manager....

Zurab because he doesn't play many games due to his extreme inconsistency?

Do what now? How have you come to that conclusion?

If that was a genuine concern then he'd be playing far more often than Samba and Nelsen!

Wantaways will cost livelihoods

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but how many 'wantaways' are we talking here? Excluding Roque obviously.

The Axe because he was supposed to go to Sheff Utd until Bert got crocked? Zurab because he doesn't play many games due to his extreme inconsistency?

Any others? Are we facing a massive squad exodus in the summer?

Good words from Sam, gains a little bit more respect from me for that.

The amazing thing for me - under Ince a large number of players agents actively used the press to get moves for their players - under Big Sam hardly a peep - even with this latest news that a number of players wanted to leave.

Up to press - not one player has come out complaining that they didn't get a move (Santa being the highest profile one).

I did feel sorry for Ince - I think the job probably came a little early for him, and his choice of back room staff left him severely exposed. But the transformation of the club since Sam took over is amazing - he has pulled it up by its laces - both in terms of keeping lids on players, organisation and most importantly results. Though at times a little egotistical, his press conferences always give a clear positive message - and nearly always make sense.

The turn-around has been amazing - if he can put a halt to Villa's undefeated away record - I think we can start to dream about pulling away from the bottom for good.

Archived