BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Everton (preview)

Why do we play in a such a defensive manner, when we playing at home?

It's not really defensive though, look how far forward Diouf and Pedersen were getting in the first half, they were running past Santa Cruz quite a lot. Warnock and Andrews also support from the centre.

Allardyce has always set up his teams in this style and it was inevitable we'd end that way, it's definitely a formation that is here to stay.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not referring much to the formation, more a lack of putting the opposition on the back foot. We tend to be the team under pressure when we playing at home, but are more relaxed and attack minded away from Ewood. Pienaar and Cahill will be the men to watch

Why do we play in a such a defensive manner, when we playing at home? I know we in a scrap, but previous seasons as well, we would look like the away team at Ewood. We can play 4-4-2 against Everton, as they lack that edge down the wings. Im gonna say 1-0 win for Rovers.

The numbers count for nothing with regard to defensive vs offensive tactic. What mathers is how many people you send in front of the ball when we attack, and how deep we defend when we are off the ball, how attacking-minded our wings are etc.

It´s a fine balance between 4-5-1 and 4-3-3. A lot of very attacking teams all across the globe play 4-5-1/4-3-3.

4-4-2 vs 4-5-1/4-3-3?It´s all about mentality and how many players you send forward.

Why do we play in a such a defensive manner, when we playing at home? I know we in a scrap, but previous seasons as well, we would look like the away team at Ewood.

There is a simple explanation.

This is because we have bad players in the team. They can't keep possesion therefore we end up defending.

We tried hoofing it 50 yards and that didn't work either.

I heard Paul Merson say a very relevant thing last week. "Teams down the bottom can't put a winning run together. That's why they are down the bottom." I couldn't agree more with him. If we can follow up Sunday's result with a victory here, then we will have down our survival chances the world of good. Everton are there for the taking and are without their most creative player in Arteta. They have been strong all year and Moyes has worked wonders to keep them ticking along considering the injuries they have had. If we can do the double over them, it would be fantastic. Our home form has not been good this season and this is a great chance at home to pick up 3 crucial points.

I'll be ecstatic if we get a win, and pretty happy overall with a draw.

I think Everton are there for the taking as they will be missing Arteta badly but at the same time their defense is looking solid and they are very dangerous on set pieces with Cahill's aerial threat. I've been browsing a few Everton forums and a lot of fans on those boards reckon they may rest players due to the big FA Cup game at the weekend.

They're big, bit of pace in areas and solid at the back. We're fairly big, fairly solid at the back but are totally devoid of pace. They pose a threat from set pieces. We don't pose a threat from set pieces and we are, in fact, terrible at defending from them.

If we come out with a point from this I'd be surprised, but really it's a game that we need to get something from and a win would be very welcome.

If its correct that Robbo is out for a month then its a huge blow in our battle for survival. Its going to be interesting to see who Sam will play, Bunn or Brown. I'd probably go with Bunn as he has done a decent job the few times he has come in and looks like he has some talent, though i wouldn't be surprised if Brown gets the nod after making some decent saves at the weekend.

No prizes for guessing we will put the same team out. Even if Dunn is fit I will be suprised if we play anyone other than the team that started on Sunday.

Everton with Yobo, Jagielka and Lescott are infinately better set up than Hull to deal with the direct game but there is no chance Allardyce will go for a different shape seeing as we won.

I can see us losing this very easily. Saha and Jo are a decent couple of strikers, and they have Cahill who will give them goals from midfiled. For us to stand a chance Diouf, Pedersen and Cruz are going to have to play very well and our defence will need to maintain its standard.

Cant be the same team, Pederson is missing as he is suspended.

Everton have a few more injury worries with Hibbert the latest to be a concern.

Looks like they are coming to Ewood for a point or at least to try and nick the game with a set peice goal as they have only one fully fit forward in Jo.

Saha to under go a fitness test.

Have sold over 5500 tickets for the game.

Sticking with the 1-0 prediction for Rovers, a Benni McCarthy winner.

Sorry to disappoint Joey but Ped is banned for this game!

Dunn as a straight replacement perhaps?

I don't think Warnock will move out wide because Pedersen has been playing in quite an advanced role, I don't think it would suit Warnock. Dunn and Diouf interchanging behind Roque is probably the best replacement.

Cant be the same team, Pederson is missing as he is suspended.

Everton have a few more injury worries with Hibbert the latest to be a concern.

Looks like they are coming to Ewood for a point or at least to try and nick the game with a set peice goal as they have only one fully fit forward in Jo.

Saha to under go a fitness test.

Have sold over 5500 tickets for the game.

Sticking with the 1-0 prediction for Rovers, a Benni McCarthy winner.

Interesting. Didn't realise the Ped ban would kick in so soon.

My personal guess would be Diouff to move to the left and for us to play Dunn or probably more likely Roberts on the right.

Archived