BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs. Everton (preview)

I go along with joey big nose, the message to big Sam has to be football first, the long ball when appropriate and not 'friggin' all the time, otherwise we'll witness a first half just like the Bolton first half with the oppositions defenders coping easily.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're big, bit of pace in areas and solid at the back. We're fairly big, fairly solid at the back but are totally devoid of pace. They pose a threat from set pieces. We don't pose a threat from set pieces and we are, in fact, terrible at defending from them.

If we come out with a point from this I'd be surprised, but really it's a game that we need to get something from and a win would be very welcome.

Actually, you'll find that 2 of the 4 goals we've scored against Everton this season have come from set pieces/deep freekick like crosses from out wide. We definately pose a threat...we have 2 of the best headers of a ball in Samba and Cruz....

In fact, with Arteta missing, who really has been a pain the arse for Rovers, everything is pointing to 3 points for us.

:brfcsmilie:

IF Dunn is fit I think we should stick with:

-----------Brown

Ooijer--Nelsen--Samba--Givet

Diouf--Grella-KA-Warnock--Dunn

------------Roque--------------

With Dunn/Diouf changing wings every so often.

I don't see 4-5-1 as a defensive choice. It just makes the most of our strengths with Diouf's pace and covers the weak areas such as having 2 in midfield (KA/VG).

I think at this stage Big Sam has proved a lot of people on here wrong with the style of football he has got us playing. We are not playing direct long balls all the time as Bolton used to do. Obviously we will still resort to this when in trouble, but its not our #1 tactic.

Take the second half against Man Utd at Old Trafford for example, we played round them on the floor and had some nice passes through their defense. Most teams in this league would resort to long ball on Old Traff.

I would only change Robinson (if he is not fit) for Brown and Pedersen for Roberts.

We would play 4-4-2.

Roberts would free some space up front and tire the defenders.

we would have 2 good substitutions to make in Dunn and McCarthy.

I want to see

Bunn

Ooijer Samba Nelson Givet

Dunn Grella Warnock

Diouf Villaneuva

RSC

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mccarthy and santa cruz start though.

Big Sam has to go for a win here. I'm praying for 3 points.

If we manage to win tommorrow night i would feel very good amount us staying up.

Hopefully pompey will get stuffed tonight. still see them as candidates. Newcastle are in serious trouble.

According to Everton fanzine the Toffee, the tickets havent even gone on general sale as they have sold out their initial allocation of 5500, which if I recall means the bottom tier plus the top right (as you look) of the Darwen End.

Just had a look on their website and Everton selling tickets until 2hrs before kick off. Looks like they havent sold out then after all.

#

I have been off work for a week having been working in Scotland for the majority of last week.

In any case, lock your cars up, its the usual visit of people from the City of thieves !!!

Hows the new born Ozz ? You got a sleep routine back yet?

I dislike Moyes, first, and Everton, secondly, with a vegenance so I really hope we defeat a team void of footballing interest managed by one of the most over-rated managers in the game. In my mental survival plan I have this down as a defeat, probably 1-0, so a draw or victory will be a real bonus. With last night's results going our way and tonight's combination of fixtures we have a real chance to climb away from trouble.

If Hull was the biggest game of the season I think this one is even bigger. We could have a week or so in mid-table which surely would be a massive boost for morale and confidence?

I dislike Moyes, first, and Everton, secondly, with a vegenance so I really hope we defeat a team void of footballing interest managed by one of the most over-rated managers in the game. In my mental survival plan I have this down as a defeat, probably 1-0, so a draw or victory will be a real bonus. With last night's results going our way and tonight's combination of fixtures we have a real chance to climb away from trouble.

If Hull was the biggest game of the season I think this one is even bigger. We could have a week or so in mid-table which surely would be a massive boost for morale and confidence?

Paul, I think you're being a bit harsh on Moyes. he's taken an ordinary team and got them into a better than ordinary team.

Having said that, I want the rovers to do them over.

The last time we played them, first game of the year, we did them, despite Ince's instructions.

The palyers played to their instincts, the defied their manager's instructions, and took the game.

Hammer Cahill, give him nothing and go forward, and the Rovers will end up on the positive side.

I dislike Moyes, first, and Everton, secondly, with a vegenance so I really hope we defeat a team void of footballing interest managed by one of the most over-rated managers in the game.

I would be interested to know your reasons Paul? As with other posters I think he has done a stirling job at Everton.

Over-rated? I would not be surprised if he is on the short list for the Man U job when Fergie leaves.

Archived