BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't play him on Wednesday, no chance of winning that game even if Dunny is fit. I'd rather rest him and make sure he is 100% for the next league game.

I agree with not playing him. It was just a bad choice of words on my part.

I just meant that his injury hopefully isn't that bad if he's only a doubt for Wednesday. (In other words, not out for long).

Having said that. Let's not be beaten before we turn up. Strange results do happen occasionally - and we MUST be due an upset.

Think you're spot on John. Dunny played a full 90 mins in a lost cause against Fulham, and all but 6 minutes of a game against Bolton that we'd wrapped up some time earlier. A little bit of common sense was required on both occasions, which we didn't get. Possibly due to a lack of Sam's guidance.

Hope we leave him out tomorrow night.

Sounds like Dunny is doubtful for Saturday as well. Considering his past history with injuries perhaps they should have considered giving him a rest? 3 games in 6 days was asking for trouble imo.

Maybe they should consider the terms of his new contract too. Poor Dunny and his agent must have been on cloud 9 recently but the 31st minute will have changed emphasis somewhat.

The last couple of games have seen us set up very attack minded. When Dunn returns, I wonder if we will continue with 4-4-2 or revert back to 4-4-1-1?

Or even 3-5-2?

Nelsen - Samba - Givet

Emerton - Grella - Dunn - N'Zonzi - Diouf

Di Santo - McCarthy

Can't see how we can drop Chimbonda though.

How would Dunn fit into a 4-man midfield?

Dunny is playing well at the moment, stands out a mile in a poor team.

Just goes to show how far we’ve fallen since his last spell here, then we could bench him because we had better players in the team that performed to a level that Dunny just couldn’t reach.

But we’re not living in the past, he deserves a new contract, lets hope he continues to apply the same work ethic he’s doing currently.

Blackburn Rovers needs a hero and Dunny is that man.

Agree with the Rovers need a hero bit, but after the last two games is this really correct.

I dont think so.

The last couple of games have seen us set up very attack minded. When Dunn returns, I wonder if we will continue with 4-4-2 or revert back to 4-4-1-1?

Or even 3-5-2?

Nelsen - Samba - Givet

Emerton - Grella - Dunn - N'Zonzi - Diouf

Di Santo - McCarthy

Can't see how we can drop Chimbonda though.

How would Dunn fit into a 4-man midfield?

I'd put him ahead of a 3-man midfield of Emerton, Grella and N'Zonzi. Back 4 as normal and 2 strikers in front. Tbh, I even like McCarthy in the midfield role he's played lately.

He was dining in Frankie and Bennies in Preston last night with a young lady. He said that he is feeling much better.

Yep, he won't be back this weekend but should be for the next game according to Robbo last night. Fit to play against his old side... The players all call him Gazza btw and he hates it. Flowers commented (before Robbo said that) that as a kid he was that good that they all compared him to Gazza then. He is also the biggest moaner on the pitch but it is just because he wants everything to be of the highest standard, including himself.

If talking was a Olympic sport Dunny would be a sporting hero. He has soles in the bottom of his boots that apparently bring his body more into enlineament. When he first got to the club with them he wouldn't shut up about them all the time, raving about how he'd hadn't felt like that for years and years and years, longest lunch of my life. ;)

Top lad with only one thought in his footballing heart, ROVERS.

Archived