BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Dunn

47er

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not, and if he doesn't, there should be some interrogation of our renewal process, given the Junior situation.

Don't think so with Dunn, he has been great this season but it's only now we have got any value for money for him since he came back to the club. Would you have renewed him in the previous season?

Don't think so with Dunn, he has been great this season but it's only now we have got any value for money for him since he came back to the club. Would you have renewed him in the previous season?

Fair point. Although as a club, we don't have the luxury to be able to alienate players and I feel this will happen if we leave it too late.

Just as with all the other reported wantaways it's good that we know now so that we can get a (adequate or better) replacement lined up.

... or more likely it's just Dunny's agent striking whilst the iron is hot. He'll know from past dealings that it's no bloody good asking for more money when his client is sat on the treatment table week in week out with his arse in a sling.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's anything we should be overly worried by in those statements. I think he is simply trying to put a bit of pressure on the club to proceed with contract negotiations.

I have to say, I'm very surprised that we aren't looking to tie him down. Three months into the season and he has remained fit (touch wood) and hit blistering form.

I guess the main problem is that it would be in the club's interest to offer him a one year deal with the option of extending that, whereas there are probably numerous other clubs out their with more money available who would offer him a three year deal, straight up.

We should have him wrapped up by now. Funny the return to form and apparent fitness co-incides with a contract year. A clear signal of intent needs to be sent, Allardyce let him slip away once surely he won't make the same mistake again or does Dunny have too much talent for Sam's liking.

Part of me thinks fair play, it could be his last contract, so why not see what options are available (as naturally you would want a lucrative one).

However, he is obviously saying to the club, let's start discussing things and see what you have got to offer.

Sam rates him very highly, plus Dunn likes it at the club, so I would be very surprised if he did not end up staying.

........ or does Dunny have too much talent for Sam's liking.

Thats a bit silly and immature.

I guess the main problem is that it would be in the club's interest to offer him a one year deal with the option of extending that, whereas there are probably numerous other clubs out their with more money available who would offer him a three year deal, straight up.

I agree but the 1-2 year deal needs to be very lucrative and very tempting......

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/22325-new-deal-for-samba/page__view__findpost__p__842525

• Backroom

Not too sure about his comments, got to say if he left on a free for some reason I'd feel disappointed with him although ultimately his first priority has to be David Dunn.

I'd like him to sign a new contract so if he did leave we'd get a few million for him

Archived